“Vista Bonita y playa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Costa de Oro Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Costa de Oro Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Costa de Oro Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo No 710 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #31 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
“Vista Bonita y playa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have never stayed at this resort before. It is a older resort in Mazatlan and I understand why they chose this spot. It is beautiful. The beach is great and even little kids can enjoy the surf as it has a very gentle slope. The pool is very nice as well.
The staff are extremely accommodating and many speak very good English. The restaurant had a great variety of entrées. But there are many other places to sample the food of Mexico around this resort.
This resort is of old style so you may need to ask for wash cloths. You may be able to ask for a hair dryer too but you may just want to pack one just in case. Our one bedroom had stovetop, micro, coffee pot, and a mini fridge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shoreline, Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have a timeshare unit at the Costa de Oro and you'll find me there every week 28 (around the middle of July)! I've always found it to be clean, inviting and relaxing. The staff are great, especially Juanita (6th floor of the tower). We have a little banter each year about me getting extra coffee packets (you'd think they whip the housekeeping staff if they're missing one!).

The Costa de Oro is what I'd call 'homey'. It's not plush so don't go here if that's what you're expecting. Don't get me wrong, the people are great and the food and view at Adobes are both excellent. Just don't expect a Pueblo Bonito experience here.

This year brings my first complaint. For some reason I don't appear on their reservation list. Each year they run back and forth and finally figure out what's going on and give me my key. This year was extra painful as they had rented my room. That meant NO JUANITA! I'm not saying that Olivia didn't do a wonderful job in my digs on the seventh floor ... but as I said, Juanita and I have developed a fun rapport and I found myself wandering down a flight of stairs to say hello. Costa de Oro - DON'T lose my reservation!!! I have a fixed unit and fixed week. I tell you TWICE every year that I'm coming. Guess that needs to be three times :)

Sadly, this year wasn't as busy as last year was - so my people watching was limited. This year Gay Pride was held the day I arrived instead of the day I leave (as it usually is), so I did get to watch the fun along the malecon. Tame compared to Seattle, but fun nonetheless.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago while on a ball tournament. The staff were fabulous, the food was excellent, the view magnificent. There was a lot of things to do at the hotel and the staff was very willing to help you in any way they could. They were very accommodating in helping get side trips organized. It is very centrally located to walk to other hotels, restaurants and markets.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach side, overlooking the courtyard on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The pool is very clean and you have the best beach view and access. The two for one drinks at pool are good and not watered down. Lucy, pool wait-staff, is the best. She is very attentive!!! De oro is one of my fav Mzt spots!

• Stayed August 2013
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just came back from my first trip to Mazatlan. This Hotel is located in an excellent part of Mazatlan in the Golden Zone. If ou are in a budget and you dont mind the actual look of the room, this is a great stay, I rather spend less on a room and spend more on actual activities. I look at it this way; the room is only to sleep for a few hours, you really dont spend time there. The hotel is located infront of the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at Costa de Oro last week and I must say that it was clean, had big rooms and the staff was great. Juanita the housekeeper was VERY attentive and always greeting us with a smile. Javier and his father helped us with tour information and were very attentive upon our arrival. The view from our balcony was awesome and the sunsets were unbelievable!! Very satisified!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been visiting the Costa de Oro for years and love this hotel. It is our home away from home. This trip we stayed on the 9th floor of the new tower and loved it. The Sunsets were georgeous and the view in the morning was breathtaking.

The pool are is beautiful and the hot tub was great too (Could have been a little hotter).

The staff is wonderful and helpful, Isabell at the front desk always goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome.

The staff at the pool are fun, energetic and work so hard to make sure you have everything you need, Gernaro and Lucy are our favorites, but they are all great.

The staff at the resturant is awesome, Santos, Rudy and Hector we are few favorites.

Everyone is so nice, wonderful place to stay. The beach vendors are great, look for Blanca for jewlery and Miguel for Dresses.

The streets of Mexico are loud at night, bring a sound machine or drown out the sounds.

Awesome place!

Room Tip: Garden View, or the Suites are all Ocean View... Request higher floor for the best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Costa de Oro Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!