“Could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico
“Could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was there in September, the hotel has some renovations that make us noise, dirt. The smell it wasn't good either. It had humidity in the hotel.
The pool was good, the beach is good also.
It´s near the golden area.

Room Tip: select the rooms that hace an ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We had a room that looked out over the ocean. The pool was fantastic! You walk right down the steps onto the beach. They have a swim up bar in the pool. We spent 2 weeks here and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We spent the last 2 nights of our Mexican vacation at this beachfront hotel. It is literally situated in the Hotel zone (Zona Dorada) near the end of it, but its there. Currently on one side there is construction taking place to expand the property and the other side is a closed former resort hotel. The parking out front is small so you may have trouble finding parking during construction, since we rented a car it was difficult.
The lobby is open and inviting, yet very little seating. The staff was super-friendly but due to the amount of people in the hotel that weekend, they were short-staffed on the front desk. The pools are large and great for accommodating all visitors. You are given a wristband to use while on the premises and as you walk onto the beach. The wristband is needed to be allowed back on the premises. The main restaurant offers buffets with a large selection of food choices. Definitely the best part of the hotel. There is another restaurant in the large bar that offers sushi but I didn't try it. The elevators were slow and small. The rooms were spacious but very dated. The AC was excellent and the bed was comfortable. However, the walls are fairly thin as we would be hearing our neighbor's talk even at the middle of night. I do know that this property has a sister property (Luna Palace) 2 properties away which looks bigger and nicer. Both offer all-inclusive service, but we didn't purchase it.
There are a few restaurants nearby that are worth eating at. Because you are on the main street, you can easily get a small taxi car to take you towards the "Malecon" of Viejo Mazatlan "Old Town" that have tons of culture to offer.
I most likely will not stay here again because for the cost ($145 a night) I should've gotten more or much better than what I received. I got a room facing the street, not the beach.

Room Tip: Consider paying for all-inclusive services
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am here right now. The hotel has a large bar, big restaurant. Buffet or menu. I had Sushi it was good. The staff is amazing and friendly. I am here for my kid's cheerleading competition. We are a total of 38 people. We could not be accepted into our room because the "leader" was not with us. We had to wait in the no AC lobby for three hours (this is a crazy rule-we paid more than a month ago). The hotel has its own beach. Its 45 minutes from the airport. Great drinks. No carpet in the rooms this is a good thing for me. Our room has a balcony. Great view. Loud music all day. Its 10:15pm no music just the soothing sound of the ocean. Great pool. TV in the room ac in the room. Crazy blue wall, dated covers on the bed. This hotel does not have a shuttle from the airport and I paid $65 dollars from the airport to the hotel for a van for 8people so include that in your budget. I need ac in a lobby, it is just a must for me in case I have to wait in it for 3 hrs.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

When we arrived we were immediately taken to La Luna Palace just down the road by the amazing bellhop! What seemed to be a bad start to the holiday turned out for the best considering the amount of noise from the construction going on. We have stayed in all inclusives up to now on our Mexico trips and this was not one of these, but we had a fantastic time and probably had the most authentic Mexican holiday so far. A must see is the old town with a vibrant town square in the evening and the markets during the day where we had the best shrimp tacos ever. Lots of restaurants nearby ( Panchos across the road was great) accessible from the beach too...we would walk down the beach for breakfast to another very good Panchos! This hotel is right on the beach but the pool was wonderful and the entertainment staff very good. If you choose to sit on the beach be prepared for the hawkers and for the extremely loud and exuberant oomphah bands....very entertaining the first time round!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are noisier and cooler .We had a room overlooking the "spit"...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had to have a place to stay one night after our rental ran out and we picked oceano palace prior to our arrival. There is a ton of construction going on, but it needs an upgrade to keep up with the demand of the golden zone. One day was enough at this time to stay. Once construction is done it will be beautiful! We still had a great time in the sun by the pool. We had great poolside service too. We were well taken care of. The price was right too. Also the bellhop was amazing and even got our taxi right on the money the next day. If you decide to book check on where they are on construction, otherwise i would stay again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I thought I knew what bad was! Ho my god I dint. I stayed at this hotel last weekend and what a nightmare. I was with a group of friends who stayed at the same hotel as we booked together. As we were driving down the street approaching the place we were having fun saying yea! what if that piece of ? was our hotel, hahahaha! this is the hotel a friend said! The place was full of construction debris all over the place, holes on the walls, concrete fell on one of my friends. I still can not believe someone will be renting rooms at a place like this. I will publish my pictures for you guys to judge. I was reading other members reviews and I must say I'm really surprised they say service is good. I say this because one of the rooms we rented was never serviced! I went to the front desk to complain about it and they said, "Well were under construction and our maids do what they can" Hahahaha! what a joke!
Another guy in my group had no toilet paper on his room, it was in the afternoon so we stopped by the front desk to let them know so they could replenish or send the maid to bring in some, instead the front desk person goes to an office in the back and gets a roll of toilet paper???? What? we asked! My friend said we are going out? They just said well when you get back you can pick it up. !unbelievable!
Trust me when I say this, if there was no room anywhere else I would rather stay in the beach or on a park! This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at, service is poor as in no other place I have been in. Stay away from this hole on the wall!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Oceano Palace? Share your experiences!