“Won't go back!” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Olas Altas 11 Sur, Mazatlan 82000, Mexico   |
Ranked #23 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
“Won't go back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Cons: Beds had hairs all over, stains on sheets, mold in bathroom, the cleaning lady was pissed when we asked for the bedding to be replaced, also asked the cleaning lady on the second day for clean towels, we were told to wait until they washed the towels, and no towels for the pool. We made reservations on line for 2 rooms for up to 4 people each room with one price posted, but then they charge you extra for each person, kids under 12 charged as adults, And night crew had "security" making sure people went into assigned rooms. The shrimp bucket wasn't all that great and talk about cheap on the drinks. The boat tour they offered said all inclusive (food, drinks, with 2 activity options) ok, so the food wasn't good at all!! We picked horseback riding and the banana boat ride, the lady who offered the horse rides was rude and the ride was a total of ten min long! The banana boat ride? Well the boat pulling us stalled 8 times in the ten min ride, I could have swam faster!

Pros: The lady working on days was so nice and helpful! The beach view was amazing! Hotel is in a GREAT location!

We will for sure go back to Mazatlan, however we will NOT go back to Hotel La Siesta!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Seward,Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked online a few months ahead through a travel site with a great rate. I called to verify and requested a corner ocean view room. Check in /out was quick and easy. I enjoyed it there so much I extended my stay and management honored the online rate without a problem.. great service!! Staff was very friendly.

Maid service was top notch. I liked that Martha would always knock after noon so I never had a worry about sleeping late.

The room was large with 2 beds, table, chairs, dresser, walk in closet. A wrap around balcony with 2 glass doors and lots of windows provided awesome ocean views and wonderful sunsets. Air conditioning wasn't working but I was able to get a big fan from the front desk. Combine that with the 2 balcony doors and there was plenty of ventilation.

It was very quiet during the week with nothing open late night for muchies, no stores or restaurants. Weekends has the bar action but the music wasn't overly loud.

Big shower with great pressure and plenty of hot water. I liked the extra light and view from the little shower window.

I bought a cheap cooler at Soriana and got ice daily down stairs at the little store for cold drinks. I'd be willing to pay a little more to have a small fridge.

Never made it in the pool. It seemed that with the wall most of the sun would be during the morning. The area was clean but small and had a nice, clean restroom.

Bus service was limited .. you could get a bus heading out north but none returned without going to centro and then having to pay to get on another..at least they are cheap! Taxis were much easier.

The location is really great for Carnaval if you are into partying and perfect for fireworks. I can picture famous people staying here in it's prime days. I look forward to staying here again next year for a few days for something different from the apt in the GZ.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at Hotel La Siesta for one night in May 2013. Good value option, excellent location. Quiet if you get a back room. Air-con is either on or off. Good shower and wifi connection - very comfortable bed. Very friendly and professional staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived in carnival, had been unaware of this when we were planning. The hotel is right in the middle of the carnival so we were given free passes for each night. Carnival was great but carried on until 3.30am every morning and the music was loud and impossible to get away from. We had an indoor room, as the ocean view rooms were much more expensive during carnival, but these weren't any quieter. We did get used to the noise tho as had 5 nights here! The room was dark as only windows were small and opened on to the inside of the hotel. They were clean enough despite there being so much mess for the cleaners to deal with each day after the many parties being held in the hotel. Would be a fab location outside of carnival, old town Mazatlan is much less touristy than the big hotels on the golden zone.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This is by far my favorite hotel. I have stayed at the Casa Lucille and would choose La Siesta over it. The staff is very friendly and everyone treats you like they are your friends. All the ocean view rooms are excellent with wonderful views. There is one room in particular that is the BEST. I won't divulge that info as I want to keep it a secret so it doesn't become overbooked. Ruth, the front desk lady, was very accommodating and always had a laugh and a smile. For the price and location it simply cannot be beat. It's a bit dated but they take very good care of it and their guest. I will always be coming back.

• Stayed April 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

To be honest, the hotel is not new or fancy, but we will stay there again! The room they gave us (at first) was dingy, on the back side of the hotel, and it was very uninviting. I went down to the front desk, and for an additional 120 pesos per night (about $8.00 USD) we got an ocean view balcony room. We LOVED our room, especially the view!!! The room had 2 double beds, a desk, coffee table, TV and a chest of drawers along with a nice sized closet. The bathroom - although dated - was adequate.

Room Tip: Only book the ocean view rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

La Siesta was where I stayed on my first trip to Mexico over 40 years ago and remains my favorite place to return to in the country. It retains the simple charm of old Mexico which I much prefer to the Zona Dorado. Even though my last trip there was about 15 years ago, it was like coming home again this time. In fact, when we arrived, la muy bonita Ruth in reception said "Welcome Home" even though she did not know of my numerous previous visits. She was so pleasant and helpful throughout our stay and extened true Mexican hospitality in the best fashion. We had an ocean front room on the top floor which was kept spotlessly clean by our wonderful maid, Martha. We did not really hear the noise of the street as the ocean lulled us to sleep each night. My one disappointment was that El Shrimp Bucket is no longer in the coutyard as I always felt the fun, activity and sense of community that it provided was a huge part of the charm of La Siesta. It was a destination and an institution in itself and even though El Shrimp Bucket is still good, the setting does not compare to what the coutyard had to offer. I can only hope the management will bring it back!!!!! On the positive side, the new pool is a very nice addition. The hotel's location is also a real plus as one can easily walk to the many attractions in Old Town or rent a bike for great rides on the malacon or around the neighborhood. I'm already looking forward to next year's visit. Viva Hotel La Siesta!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel la Siesta? Share your experiences!