“The Real Treasure of the Sierra Madres” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daniel's

Daniel's
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mazatlan
Daniel's
You added Daniel's to your Saves list
Mazatlan, Mexico   |
Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Real Treasure of the Sierra Madres”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2002

My first trip to Copala, and Daniel's(then just a small restaurant) was in the early '80s. My gut feeling was that I had found Paradise. At that time Papaya Cream Pie was the speciality dessert and I understand that Gourmet Magazine requested the recipe. But, believe me, the Coconut Banana Cream Pie is world class. Daniel became a friend for life and Copala became the only place my children and I wanted to be.

Many trips and many years later came the hotel and major expansion of the restaurant - both wonderful additions to "my" Paradise. Although illness and obligations have kept me away for several years, I can close my eyes and smell the millions of flowers, the rich red soil; hear the braying of the lovelorn burros, the constant crowing of the roosters and the squealing of a new liter of piglets and be carried back to the magic of a Copala sunset when the seed pods of the Haba trees explode like firecrackers in the cooling evening air.

I am going back, and soon. This time I won't be leaving.

Families
Couples
Solo
Business

Been to Daniel's? Share your experiences!