Stay Dates: April 5-10, 2009.
My wife and I had the opportunity to stay here with our Wyndham Points and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely return here for our next vacation in Mazatlan. Check-in was very fast and easy. There was a brief conversation with a time-share representative as part of the check-in process, but after a quick and polite “no, thank you,” we were not approached again at the resort for any time share presentations.
Once in the room and unpacked, we realized the in-room safe would not work. I called the front desk and a bellman arrived within 5 minutes. Once he verified that the problem was not user-error he called maintenance and a technician arrived a couple of minutes later. This minor problem (and the only problem we encountered with the room during our stay) was corrected in under ten minutes. Excellent service at this resort.
We stayed in a 1BR overlooking the heated pool (the one with the swim-up bar) and it was quite large and clean. Small kitchenette had everything we needed – blender, toaster, coffeemaker, small fridge and a two-burner cook top along with plenty of cups, plates, utensils, etc. Dining table with 4 chairs. Large living room. Separate bedroom and two separate vanity areas. Nice large shower. Television in both the LR and the BR, but we never turned them on to see what was on (or even if they worked!). Balcony off both the BR and the LR – small, but adequate – one balcony with no chairs and one with 2 chairs, but no table to place your drink on (minor annoyance).
Grounds were very well maintained. Two pools – one heated (too warm for us) with a swim up bar. One not heated, but felt to be at least in the mid-70s. Lots of families and this is a very family-friendly resort. The resort seemed to offer a lot to keep the kids busy – we will definitely return with our kids next time. We loved the beach at this resort and access via the 3-minute water taxi was never a problem. We stayed during Semana Santa and the crowds in front of the other El Cid hotels (and generally all over the Golden Zone and south) were thick in the afternoons. It was nice to have a quiet beach to retreat to in the afternoon (and very few vendors there too!).
We only ate at the resort twice. Once for dinner at La Marina, which was disappointing. In my opinion La Marina offers a nice view, but the restaurant itself is quite drab. Food is overpriced and marginal. I had the Mexican platter and it was luke warm and bland. Wife had shrimp brochette nicely presented in a flaming pineapple, but I felt like we were paying for the presentation, as the food itself was underwhelming. On the other hand, we enjoyed lunch poolside on our last day and loved the shrimp quesadillas.
The location of this resort was perfect for us: close enough to the Golden Zone (and the free shuttle to the El Cid Complex is a great service), but far enough north that we felt like we could escape the crowds and chaos.
Overall I would definitely recommend this resort for just about anyone staying in Mazatlan. We will certainly stay here next time we get the chance. It definitely satisfied all of our needs and expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and first class services of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zonewith attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubsand El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, tranquil private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers an unforgettable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beaches reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Pronatours Tour Desk • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Travelocity so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach