I like the location and convenience of this hotel. You can take a shuttle boat from the dock to the beach which is not very far from the hotel. We stayed 7 days so we took advantage of that on multiple occasions. When we arrived, we were hungry but the pool food menu was limited on options so my husband and I went with a burger, which was actually pretty good surprisingly. On other occasions we tried the nachos, the quesadillas and other Mexican American food and thought it was mediocre.
The next morning after our arrival, we tried the brunch buffet located in the hotel upstairs from the lobby. It was not that great. They were serving hot dogs as sausages and what seemed like bologna as ham. So I mostly had fruit and eggs cause nothing else looked appetizing for $25 bucks per person. If we had known the price before we went in, we would have gotten a muffin instead at the cafe place ride by the marina.
Now onto why I give this a 2 star rating. We had switched over some of our US dollars to Pesos when we got into Mexico, but, we did end up using some US dollars at the resort since they accepted. I think they were counting on us not realizing the actual going rate of u.s. to pesos because the girl in the cafe coffee shop ripped us off multiple occasions that we finally realized after the 3rd time. We told her this was not correct and she ended up giving us the correct amount after we confronted her. So, let our mistake be a warning to whoever goes to Mexico or this resort in general. They will try to swindle you if you use American money, so transfer it into Pesos!
One night we were sitting at the outside bar having a couple drinks, when we decided to call it a night I guess I left my purse on the chair and didn't realize it until the next morning when I couldn't find it. I called the front desk, they said that it was there.. so I immediately went down to get it and noticed that they had stolen $50 out of it. I guess the good part is they didn't take it all, but still. Why steal at all, perhaps I would have given a tip for recovering it for me... but this just left a bad taste in my mouth. The people at El Cid Marina are shady people and I do not think I will ever stay at this Hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and first class services of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zonewith attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubsand El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, tranquil private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers an unforgettable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beaches reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Pronatours Tour Desk • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach