Upon arriving at the El Cid, we were greeted by Carmen, one of the timeshare receptionists. She was kind and helpful and just a beautiful person to get to know. We did attend a sales breakfast and thought the salespeople were arrogant and rude. Also, be aware you are not in the USA and it is likely the salespeople at the corner table are listening in to your conversations when the salesman is gone. We may test this out on another trip.
Mazatlan itself was a refreshing change from some of the mega resort cities such as Cancun. The pace was slower and it felt like we were back in old Mexico again. While the beaches may not rival those in the Caribbean, the people certainly do.
As for entertainment, SKIP the CITY TOUR which is offered as part of your time share breakfast. It is sponsored by several jewelry stores and we felt as if we were being held hostage to give us an opportunity to pay ransom by buying something. This feeling only increased when the bus stopped at a restaurant on the way back for us to eat lunch at our own expense. I am sure there were some kickbacks involved here. We ended up walking away from the restaurant and made our own way back to the hotel.
We did take the Zip Line tour and enjoyed the trip, even if the scenery leaves a little to be desired. Jonathon and the other guides were a lot of fun. The Tequila Factory Tour was also very interesting.
We did the all-inclusive meal plan and the food was excellent. We took the shuttle up to the other El Cid hotels to try their restaurants also. Our favorite meals were those on the veranda at the Marina Restaurant with the sun setting. We went there for a relaxing meal on our last night and were surprised to find the karaoke from the bar below had been moved outside and definitely ruined the ambiance we desired for our last night.
Be sure to try the local coconut ice cream. It is some of the best I have ever tasted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and first class services of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zonewith attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubsand El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, tranquil private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers an unforgettable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beaches reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Pronatours Tour Desk • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach