“Home again, home again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
St. Louis, MO
“Home again, home again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We visited the first week of June, and were again welcomed like family. The front desk staff is great....and we were booked into a gorgeous corner two bedroom suite. Fidel at the Iguana pool is the best! He and Olivia took such good care of us...and Rosaria too! Javier at the Marina restaurant made sure were always happy! The hotel itself was in great shape and beautiful as ever, but it is the staff who make such a difference in making our vacation such an unforgettable experience. We are already thinking about next year!! Hasta Luego!

Room Tip: We have stayed in many different rooms here, and all are lovely. The large suites are fabulous...s...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Chrisscookie,

Greeting from the warm beaches of Mazatlan,

I was so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable time, for it is our main objective to provide exceptional vacations, because if our guest are happy were happy. We treat everyone like family because that is what they are to us. I am so glad to hear you are considering coming back again next year. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything we can help you with in any future reservation we would be more than happy to help you. See you soon!

Kind Regards,
Isaias Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review in hopes to get in contact with anyone from the resort. I can only find the number for the timeshare. We had an excellent experience for the most part. We went for our honeymoon and everyone was very helpful and made our experience great until our last day there. We brought our wedding clothes and took pictures on the beach. We used the photographers that are at the resort. We were told to meet them in the morning before we flew home to look at pictures, and when we showed up they had lost the pictures and had to redo them so they said they would give us a discount and email proofs that we could pick from. So they did and we chose about 9 pictures that we liked, I sent them money and it has been a month and we still have not received the files so we can have our pictures. I cannot get ahold of the person who has them, Fernando took the pictures. Please help us, we loved our experience and this is making it feel a lot less like we want to return.

• Stayed May 2014
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went to the El Cid in Mazatlan really just for a week of rest and relaxation not expecting anything extroidinary. When we arrived....we were checked in by Ragelio at the desk. He was the most courteous person to EVER check us into a resort and we have been to numerous! He gave us a beautiful view from our room which we could not get enough of each morning while having coffee on the balcony. He was there to help with the internet when we needed it and to offer advise as to where we should go. I felt sad to even leave because I actually hated to say "Goodbye" to someone who had been so polite to us during our stay. I would recommend this resort to anyone and Mazatlan is a great city to visit. It is not as covered in tourist as Cancun or Cozumel so you actually get a better feeling of the history of the country. I hope this review helps anyone trying to decide where in Mexico to go. There are other El Cids in Mazatlan...but I am SO glad we chose this one. Respectfully....Barbara W.Dance

Room Tip: The ocean view there is spectacular from a higher lever....I would say fifth floors and up.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear TexaSundancer,

What a pleasant review, thank you a so much for your big recommendations. Your encouraging words and taking the time to write these positive comments!

Knowing that you noticed all the good points at our resort gives us another reason to come to work with a big smile and a great attitude. This is a result of a complete team effort, and your comments are an inspiration to us all that really help make El Cid the success it is. We establish an environment where great service is recognized and rewarded and poor service is challenged and rectified. Your review will be shared with all the staff. Rogelio at front desk received a great mentioned for his excellent check in and look forward to serving you and your family again soon.

Kind Regards.

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Olivia was our house keeper. She went way above and beyond her job description to make our stay amazing!!! She gave us a personal tour of the city on her day off! I will visit and stay here again mostly because of the staff!! Thank you Olivia:-)

• Stayed May 2014
Dear tsuarezfamily,

Thank you so much for take your time and share your nice words to Olivia. We were happy to read that Olivia makes your trip more enjoyable and I will share your nice review with her as a result of a work well done.

We look forward to having you with us at this your home El Cid Marina for more enjoyable experiences.

General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I absolutely loved my time here. I wish I never had to leave. The entire staff was so welcomeing and kind. The entertainment staff really took us in and showed us an amazing time. They were very caring and great with all the kids. I made some amazing friends with the entertainment staff while I was there. Chris and all the others on the entertainment staff made my trip worth wild. his hotel is very family friendly. While there you are likely to see some magic tricks at dinner and be taken in by the entire staff. I hope everyone gets to experience an amazing time like I did.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nicole N,

Thank you so much for your nice review, comments as follows motivate us to work with the same passion, I will share your comments with my inter staff to let them know the results of a good work in special Chris from activities. I’m proud to be part of this great team.

Once again thank you for your recommendations and your trust, I hope to host you in a not to distance future at your home El Cid Marina.

My best wishes,

Salvatore Sanchez
General Manager.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was my 4th trip to Mazatlan, 3rd stay at the El Cid Marina Beach, but my first solo visit. My experiences as a solo vacationer other places have varied from safe and happy, to lonely and difficult. This was totally safe and super happy. The staff at the Marina Beach has always been exceptional, but if it was possible to exceed their prior excellent service, they did. Special thanks to Nadia at reception, who was helpful and courteous about multiple lost keys and who helped me with my Wi-Fi connection. I also want to mention Jose Manuel at the Iguana bar (poolside restaurant), who remembered my preferences from day to day and who took it upon himself to help me me stay on a diabetic diet without getting into a rut of the same things every day, suggesting foods to try and arranging some off-menu preparations. The staff went out of their way to introduce me to some of the other older single women repeat visitors at the resort, and when I went out inquired very politely and kindly where I was going and when I expected to be back. They treated me the way my grown children would.

On my other visits there have been more families with children than this time. The resort is very family-friendly. Children particularly enjoy feeding the iguanas, and the variety of pools (one is large and relatively shallow, great for lap swimming, water aerobics (daily at noon), and water volley ball. The other is actually divided into several distinct areas, connected by water slides and swimmable tunnels: huge hot tub, sloping area with plenty of ladders, rails and hand-holds for the kids, deep "diving" pool, and another intermediate sized pool on the other side of the caves. There is also a small playground, a rudimentary mini-golf course, and shuffleboard. The "kids club" is located between the other El Cid hotels, but welcomes children staying at the Marina Beach.

The atmosphere of a resort built around a working marina, with boats moored both long and short term, and home to a sports fishing fleet, adds to the feel of the place. I sat out on my balcony late at night and listened to the waves breaking on the beach and at the same time to the gentle lapping of water in the protected harbor, and the hushed sounds from the residents on the yachts. What a way to unwind! If I got up early, I watched the army of busy landscapers who keep the grounds looking pristine. One morning, I watched them harvesting coconuts from the tall palm trees.

There were two changes in Mazatlan itself from prior trips. First, it continues to grow to the north. The Marina used to be one of the northernmost resorts. Now, hotels extend a long way past the Marina. I have always enjoyed that the Marina was close enough to get to either downtown or the "golden zone" of older beach resorts quickly and for a negligible cost, and yet was still away from the bustle. That continues to be true, as the new developments are across the inlet from the Marina, but there is much more development now. The other change was that there was a more visible, but apparently benign, police presence in the areas frequented by tourists, (and there were fewer pan-handlers and time-share sales shills on the streets).

Finally, the highway connecting Mazatlan and Durango has opened, after two decades of anticipation, cutting an 8-hour drive to less than 3. Spectacular bridges and tunnels. I highly recommend any of the tours that take you to Durango. The drive itself if worth it.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have patios and most are just steps from a pool; all others have balconies. The...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GMELCID, Director General at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear SantaFeNana,

First and for most I’d like to thank you for being a repetitive guest and always showing your loyalty coming back to us. It’s great to hear about how great you enjoyed your stay in Mazatlan and that we were able to provide that for you given the outstanding service shown by my staff. We work year round to make improvements in our hotel so we can have it looking its best and it’s always great when people take notice of our hard efforts. I am glad you were able to make friends along the way and that you had a chance to visit all of our installations in our hotel. We hope you keep coming back to us for years and years to come we can’t wait for you to visit us again soon.

Warm regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Mazatlan was a blast. Very safe to travel to and tons of things to do there. Beautiful city with warm blue oceans! We went in May 2014 and it was very warm. For some travelers not used to the heat this may be a little hot for you. Lot's of pools and the ocean keep you cool! El Cid was a beautiful hotel. The transportation from the airport to the hotel was complimentary. It was a nice air conditioned ride. At this point they will tell you about the local areas and the resort and will give you lots of options for activities you can do while in Mazatlan. They will also set you up for a timeshare presentation. It is definitely optional and I felt no pressure to do it. In fact, we opted not to participate in the timeshare presentation. It took about 15-20 minutes from the airport to arrive to the resort. At check-in were were given an ICE cold cerveza (Corona) to start the vacation off right. Rogelio Rueda checked us in. He was very polite and made the process painless. He told us he was going to put us in a very nice room but it unfortuantely would not be ready for about an hour. He collected our luggage for us and told us to go enjoy the restaurant while we waited. We went upstairs to a beautiful restaurant overlooking the ocean. It was a delicious buffet as well as menu items you could order. The food was 5 stars all the way! I ordered a frozen margarita and ate while watching the ocean and the waves. AMAZING! We then headed back downstairs where a gentleman picked us and our luggage up on a golf cart and drove us to our room. So, Rogelio did not dissapoint. This room was to die for! It was all the way at the back of the building on the 4th floor. We walked in to an all tile room with a fully loaded kitchen. This room was HUGE! We stepped out onto out large L shaped balcony. We had views of the ocean all the way around. The patio had furniture on it and the room was beautifully furnished as well. Great bathroom vanity area and amazing shower with great water pressure. It was a huge shower you could steam in! There were two pools at this resort and a swim up bar and food cooked to order all day. I would definitley recommend the all inclusive. We ate and drank all day. Also, with the all inclusive you can eat, drink and siwm at the other El Cid Resorts. There is a complimentary shuttle running all day to take you and the resorts are only 5-10 minutes away. We made reservations at the Italian, Mexican and Argetinian restaurants. Reservations were super easy to make and the food was top of the line. Service at all the restaurants and bars and buffets was excellent. All in all this was a great stay. I reccommend El Cid Marina beach for couples and adults. Seemed like the other resorts had a lot of children where as this one was more relaxed and a little quieter. Also, this resort has beach access by water taxi only. It is complimentary and takes only a minute or 2 to get there. It was actulally fun!

Room Tip: First of all, ask for Rogelio Rueda at checkin! He will hook you up. Second, getting a room at the b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear April Ann S,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. I appreciate your time given. It sounds like you had such a great time which makes me so happy to hear. We always try to provide the best service possible and I’m glad my staff was able to do that for you. I’m glad to hear that you found everything from our rooms to be spacious with a breath taking view to our fine dine cuisines we always prepare with the best fresh ingredients. From what you previously mentioned on your review I see you had time to visit our other resorts as well and were able to use our free transportations its great you got time to get the full on experience. I will pass along your kind remarks on our staff’s great labor, we hope to see you again.

Kind regards,
Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!