“Better than Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
The Sea Ranch, California
“Better than Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have been coming to this hotel/resort for many years and were married on the beach at Marina El Cid in 2009. It is our home away from home. A few years ago I worried that this property was not keeping up with the new development, but I don't worry anymore. We missed coming to El Cid in 2011 and 2012 and I wondered how things were before our arrival in 2013. Well, the grounds are meticulously maintained, the service is impeccable from the moment of arrival to departure, the rooms have been upgraded, and the timeshare sales nonsense has been downplayed on the grounds. This is the best hotel in Mazatlan, on the best beach, far enough away from bustle of the city but still close enough to enjoy all of Mazatlan, and boats coming and going from the Marina are a bonus as is the resident iguana population. New improvements include an outdoor patio at the hotel bar, better service at the beach, and it is much easier to exchange US currency for pesos at the front desk.

They still do some silly things - the time share sales gauntlet at the airport is insufferable and El Cid is as annoying as any of them, they had a casino night at the bar but none of the staff new the rules to blackjack or how to deal the game, and the music near the pools can be annoyingly loud, but even that is part of the experience. They don't really have a business center but they have a couple of guest computers you can use if you understand a Spanish keyboard - they have a new Wi-Fi network so you can use your own system if you are convinced you need to keep in touch (you don't). If those are the worst problems we ever have on a vacation then I am OK!! By the way, the El Cid golf course has also been upgraded to 27 holes and is included in the Elite All-Inclusive - caddies are required for non-members, and the course is very nice - lots of sand and water.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear: Frank B

What an honor it is to have been given the privilege to host such a big step in your life! I’m thrilled we were able to make your dreams come true. I appreciate you taking notice of our hard efforts to make this hotel as close to perfection as possible and you can be certain bigger and better things are yet to come to our resort! It is great you got to explore Mazatlan for it is a wonderful city full of much culture and scenery, there is never a dull moment. I apologize for the disruption you encountered due to the loud music I will certainly have my activity staff aknwolage this and have them be more aware on how high the music is. I hope you keep coming for years and years to come we will always be ready to provide for you exemplary vacations we await anxiously for your arrival here at your home away from home.

My best wishes,

784 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Mazatlan is such a beautiful city and this hotel is a little more removed/private than other hotels in the city. There are two gorgeous swimming pools, complete with slides and an in-pool bar. There is also beach access and a playground with swings and see-saws for children. The service at the hotel is impeccable; everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Have returned to this hotel again and again. I give my highest recommendation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear: Zorro125

Thank you for your recommendation we really appreciated to take a couple minutes of you valuable time in write this review.

We are happy to read in among options at Mazatlan you decide to come at El Cid Marina, It's so pleasant to read that you are able to enjoyed our swimming pools, play grounds, pools bar and beach access.

Please the next time you’re come to our beautiful port of Mazatlan let us know for give you a warm welcome.

My best,

oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Having recently enjoyed 16 wonderful days in our 'home away from home', all I can say is thank you all at MEC. We have been enjoying coming 'home' now for 8 years and really appreciate all the wonderful staff, the great rooms, food, pools and everything MEC has to offer. Special thanks to Ramon, Fidel, Miguel, Alex, Jorge, Andres, Freddie, Israel, Luis Angel, Alfredo, Christian, Maricarmen, Anna, Carmen, Lupita, Rogelio and everyone else. I'm truly sorry I can't remember
Everyone's names who were so nice and helpful, please forgive. Our stay was very relaxing and always enjoyable. We will be back. Thanks again to all at Marina El Cid Mazatlan. You rock.

Room Tip: We had rooms 142 and 143. Nice and close to pool for swimming and hot tub. Pretty quiet as well...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear: rajaga402

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at El Cid Marina and that our staff were always there when you needed them. Our objective is to provide the highest standard of Customer Care possible and always aim for excellence in service so it is very satisfying to know that we are doing well. We will share your motivating comments with all the personnel.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at home. Please contact me before your arrival.

Warm greetings,

Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Furniture was very old; we expected a better suite for the price we paid (more than 3,000 pesos per night) not even beach front or ocean View!! The staff excelent.
Do not expect a beach on site, you have to walk and then take a very short trip in a boat to get to the beach.
We expected a better hotel we were disapointed for the price we paid.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear, JoseRMexico

I appreciate your honest feedback on your experience with us. I do however apologies for your not so pleasant stay. I’d like to inform you that we are working on renovating rooms but there are just so much rooms we can do at a time being so that this is a large hotel.

We hope that in a near future you will give us a chance to change your aspect on our hotel maybe you would like to consider one of our other hotels like el Cid Castilla or Moro if you’re looking for a less expensive hotel with a nearby beach it would be an excellent choice.

Warm Regards,

Isaías Gómez
Garfield, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at El Cid Marina Beach in Mid October. The service is beyond belief at this resort. The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to assure that you have the best vacation experience. We especially enjoyed Abraham, Ramon and Miguel at the pool bar. Such great service and so much fun! Christian, the activities director was very friendly and informative as well. The rooms were clean and in perfect order every day. We went all inclusive and enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning. The shuttle to the beach was perfect when you wanted to get away and enjoy the ocean. We lost our luggage on the flight in and Bernice and Eduardo were so helpful in making sure that we received it as soon as possible. We cannot thank them enough for their kind and caring attitudes. We went fishing on the Aires fleet with Captain David and my husband caught a 100 lb sail fish we caught Dorado which the chef Luis cooked perfectly! So much fun! I would recommend this resort highly to any one that wants to go to travel Mazatlan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear: lovefishi

I appreciate that you took time to share your experience at our hotel with the online community. I'm sincerely grateful for this nice comment and your valued recommendation of El Cid Marina Beach Hotel to fellow travelers, this kind of support is very important to us.
It is my personal pleasure to find these kinds of reviews on Trip Advisor every day. This means our staff is successfully helping our guests make their dream vacations come true. Abraham, Ramon, Miguel, Christian activities, Bernice, Eduardo and Captain David and the rest of the team are happy to hear your recognition to their efforts as it motivates and inspires achievement. Staff wants to know if they are doing a good job and that it is noticed…a simple “thank you” such as yours is always appreciated.

It was a pleasant surprise to host you as guests and we do hope to welcome you back in the future!!!

Warm regards,

Isaías Gomez
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I work for Four Season Hotels and Resorts which is a service and people oriented company. Naturally high expectations are often not met when going to a hotel or restaurant - El Cid Marina met them all! The property and rooms were well maintained and looked after. The food was fresh and delicious! Perfectly prepared! The service at this hotel was outstanding! Every interaction with staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful; part of their family. This made my first time to Mexico my best vacation!

Even the tour bus company the hotel uses for the City Tour was exceptional! (My boyfriend proposed on the tour bus!) We had so much fun, we are planning our next trip back with our 2 girls! Fabulous food, private beach, great staff,... oh my!

Hasta luego! xxoo

Room Tip: Some rooms in last building (by Iguana Snack Bar) have ocean and sunset views from balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear: Shirley Ta…

To Say thank you is not enough for your wonderful words you sharing in this recent review about your experience at El Cid La Marina. You can't imagine how much couple of nice words like these motivates the hotel staff! I’m feeling so proud to be part of this special moment such as the proposal for your boyfriend. Congratulations I wish the best!

When we see that our everyday efforts make our guests happy so they even find it possible to make us aware of that, it's really great and it's a guarantee that we will continue to do our best to deliver best possible quality.

Thanks again for helping us to serve you better and we will certainly be more than happy to welcome you back!

My best wishes

Isaías Gomez
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

we have been coming to Mazatlan for 15 yrs. and the marina property has been great for food,service,and hospitality it is a very well kept resort with constant manicuring and attention to detail it has fishing, golf and spa availability and many pools and restaurants to choose from and great sunsets and a private beach to enjoy without being hassled so you can enjoy your vacation

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Louiss55,
On behalf of my staff and I, we would like to thank you for not only taking the time to write this review but for being a repetitive client and always coming back to us year after year. It’s always great to hear such modivating feedback. We strive to give the best service we possibly can and we don’t expect anything less. We can´t wait to have you yet another year what a pleasure it will be to host you.

Kind regards,

Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!