“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I work for Four Season Hotels and Resorts which is a service and people oriented company. Naturally high expectations are often not met when going to a hotel or restaurant - El Cid Marina met them all! The property and rooms were well maintained and looked after. The food was fresh and delicious! Perfectly prepared! The service at this hotel was outstanding! Every interaction with staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful; part of their family. This made my first time to Mexico my best vacation!

Even the tour bus company the hotel uses for the City Tour was exceptional! (My boyfriend proposed on the tour bus!) We had so much fun, we are planning our next trip back with our 2 girls! Fabulous food, private beach, great staff,... oh my!

Hasta luego! xxoo

Room Tip: Some rooms in last building (by Iguana Snack Bar) have ocean and sunset views from balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear: Shirley Ta…

To Say thank you is not enough for your wonderful words you sharing in this recent review about your experience at El Cid La Marina. You can't imagine how much couple of nice words like these motivates the hotel staff! I’m feeling so proud to be part of this special moment such as the proposal for your boyfriend. Congratulations I wish the best!

When we see that our everyday efforts make our guests happy so they even find it possible to make us aware of that, it's really great and it's a guarantee that we will continue to do our best to deliver best possible quality.

Thanks again for helping us to serve you better and we will certainly be more than happy to welcome you back!

My best wishes

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

we have been coming to Mazatlan for 15 yrs. and the marina property has been great for food,service,and hospitality it is a very well kept resort with constant manicuring and attention to detail it has fishing, golf and spa availability and many pools and restaurants to choose from and great sunsets and a private beach to enjoy without being hassled so you can enjoy your vacation

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Louiss55,
On behalf of my staff and I, we would like to thank you for not only taking the time to write this review but for being a repetitive client and always coming back to us year after year. It’s always great to hear such modivating feedback. We strive to give the best service we possibly can and we don’t expect anything less. We can´t wait to have you yet another year what a pleasure it will be to host you.

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I work for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and we are a service orientated company. I often go to a property with naturally high expectations and they are often not met. The service at this property is top notch without being over bearing. The property was well looked after and same for the rooms. This was exactly what we wanted. We felt like part of their family which makes a new place more comfortable. One of my best vacations yet and they played a huge part of it!

Dear Kris H

Thank you so much for such amazing feed back. We are so honored to have met your expectation. It’s so great to hear that my staff was able to make you feel at home they will most definitely be giving the recognition they deserve we take pride in what we do and we hope to continue in that direction on giving such outstanding service. We hope to see you in a near future.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend and I purchased an all inclusive package at El Cid Moro. This was great because we were able to visit their other hotels including La Marina, which was by far my favorite. La Marina was terrific. The food and drinks were delicious and their restaurant is definitely a must try. La Marina is a very pretty hotel with a relaxing feel for those that need some r and r and for those craving some fun, they have lots of entertainment. Their activities department was awesome! Their staff was friendly and fun. A ++ The activities manager, Christian Arce, was always very helpful and was always willing to answer any questions about their daily activities and about Mazatlan in general. Would definitely stay at La Marina next time I visit!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear: TravelingDiva2013

I was delighted and extremely proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value greatly such encouraging and complimentary comments, which allow us to focus on the important issues of guest service and personal attention, and continue to inspire and motivate us to maintain the high level of service we aim to provide.

I will take great pride in sharing your generous comments with my colleagues. On behalf of all my team, may I thank you again for taking the time and trouble to share with us your kind comments. Also, your recommendations are perfect.

We look forward to having the sincere pleasure of welcoming you back to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel in many more occasions in the future and if I personally can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards

Lindenwold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent a week at the El Cid Marina Oct 5-12, 2013 and had such a Wonderful time that we are writing the review now since we have an Early Flight. We were greeted at The Airport with a Warm and informative reception which continued at the hotel lobby. Our House Keeper Olivia Vasquez made us feel at home every day as she made sure that the room was not only Super Clean, Smelling Great, with Chocolate Kisses on the table,but left us New Towel and Tissue ART, on a Daily basis With a different Animal or Artistic design EVERYDAY. She made sure we had what ever we needed to feel "AT HOME" Her bubbly personality made every day a pleasure!!! 1st we spent a couple of days visiting the other resorts which was so convenient with the shuttles that are provided. Then came the shopping in The Golden Zone where you can find pretty much anything you are looking for with the variety of stores there. We participated in Many activities such as the Deer Island Cruise (Day 3) where we rode the Banana boat, Kayaks, and snorkeled, and ate! The Crew aboard the Kolonahe was VERY polite,Informative, and Bilingual. They were very helpful and made sure we were accommodated and didn't need anything.Then (on Day 4) we Chartered a Yacht and fished 22 miles off the coast of Mazatlan catching over 15 Mahi-mahi Fish. On Day 5 We got relaxing massages at The Country Club, and then took The Sunset Tour which was another informative adventure ending as we sailed into the sunset which was so beautiful and romantic. The Sun cascaded across the water and projected at least 6 different colors into the sky as it disappeared into the horizon. On Day 6, we actually sailed our own personal Speed Boat as we took the New Boat Tour and jumped the waves behind the wheel of our very own vessel!!! In between all the activities we Ate, Drank, met new friends and just enjoyed the Mazatlan Life! I recommend that Everyone comes To El Cid to experience Life at its BEST!!! Thank You!!!

Carl and Cindy

Dear Carl and Cindy

Wow, what a great feedback! I just wanted to say thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience with us and we appreciate your willingness to share it with future travelers. We greatly appreciate when guests take the time to let the world know about their experiences. We are so happy that your stay with us was a great one and that you found a lot of activities to do. We’ll pass along your comments to our management and staff regarding how well they maintained your rooms, the staff friendliness, and the food and beverage experiences.
In these eighth days, coming as guests became real friends. And as our special guest-friends for over years, we are glad to welcome you again at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel.

Best Regards

Williams Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were very fortunate to spend 3 weeks at this resort Feb/March 2013. Sorry this has taken so long to write.The staff and management at this resort go above and beyond any expectations that we had. We have travelled through out Mexico and the Dominican and the El Cid Marina wins hands down. Armando made sure that we were well looked after from check in to check out. Danielle thank you for getting us rounds of chicken wings!! Fidel, Ramon, Alberto and Eddy..Ceasars and coconut shrimp just never ended and always delivered with a smile. And in the mornings Victoria and Francisco always took the time to make sure that you had all that you needed.
This is truly a fantastic resort, the rooms are impeccable, always cleaned and the maids are smiling.
We took full advantage of the shuttle to the other El Cid Resorts and we did golf at the El Cid golf course. Our caddy Jesus somehow always found our golf balls and had a few golf tips.
We had friends join us for 10 days and this was the first time to Mexico for them, Mazatlan and the El Cid Marina was the perfect place for them to start!! Yes they do have time share people but with a pleasant no Thank you they will leave you be, if you are interested talk to Carmen.
If you liked to be looked after and want a tranquil place to spend some time, with great people and great food the Marina is the perfect destination!!! Make sure to go take in a palmanea (open aired taxi and only in Mazatlan) while you are there and ask for a tour...This is the best way to get around. If you can, look for Juan Louis for a driver you have it made.
Till next year!!!!
Till next year....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Tanis G ,

I don’t even know where to begin on expressing my sincere appreciation for not only taking your time to write this review but for your confidence in allowing us the privilege to host you and your friends and be able to be a part of what made your vacations memorable. I can see that my staff played a major role in attending your every need, and that they were a major reason for why your vacations were a complete success. I will definitely be giving them the recognition they deserve so they can keep striving through the same direction I am very lucky to have staff like this on my team who enjoy doing what they do thus allowing them to give the best service. I´m glad you were able to further explore out of marinas premises to our other hotels as well as our golf courses and you found them to be just as great as Marina we always try and have something for everyone so they too can enjoy all we have to offer. It is amazing to hear that you recommended us to your friends and they too were able to hop on for the ride and an even bigger honor that there first time in Mexico and we were able to give them an experience of a lifetime we hope they keep on coming back to Mazatlan for year and years to come! Once again I appreciate your delighting comments on our resort and we hope once people read such a great review they to can come give Mazatlan and our resorts a try. We will be waiting here with arms wide open for any future stays here at your home away from home!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We recently returned from our first trip to Mazatlan at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel and had no idea what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise. We had a one bedroom suite on the sixth floor with an ocean view and It was fabulous. Armando the manager and Rogelio, another manager, were very very attentive and helped to make our stay a great adventure. All the staff, including at the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well maintained. The "Marina" has two huge pools with snack bars. There is a private beach with palapous that you can take a water taxi to. El Cid has 3 other hotels in Mazatlan and you have a complementary shuttle to them plus the Country Club with Golf Courses and fitness center. There are many tours to enjoy. We especially appreciated the City Tour of old Mazatlan including the cliff divers and Cathederal.
I highly recommend the El Cid Marina Beach Hotel !!

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room at the end of resort which overlooks the ocean. The rooms over th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear: BobLStLouis

What amazing review!!! We really want to thank you for your first travel to Mazatlan you choosing El Cid Marina.

It’s a pleasure to me to know that we meet your expectations and the service provided from Armando Lizarraga and Rogelio were beyond their service to help you with any request, I’m so proud to know that they and the rest of the staff were an important part to make this special occasion.

I’m so happy to see that your are able to enjoyed our facilities such as pools, restaurants, bars rooms and tours and surrounding areas, and even more to know that you recommended us.

Once again thank you for trust in us and we are looking forward to having you with us again in a not too distance future.

General Manager.

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!