This resort is absolutely gorgeous. The views are stunning. My family and I stayed at this resort for 6 days and I have to say, we didn't ever want to go home. We stayed in the presidential suite. Let me tell you, this is the place to be. We had a huge room with a second floor observation deck with 360 views of the entire resort, ocean and the city of Mazatlan. The observation deck was on the very top of the hotel with a private 8-10 person Jacuzzi and even our own personal gas grill. It was amazing. We all though we died and went to heaven.
The staff was extremely courteous and always pleasant. We didn't know very much Spanish upon arrival, but by the last day, all of us knew all the important words and phrases. The staff all spoke English very well so we really didn't need to learn Spanish, but it was fun to anyways.
There is really only 1 restaurant at this resort, but it was wonderful to eat breakfast and dinner there everyday. There was a different theme every evening (buffet style) and for breakfast, eggs and omelets were MTO... and were fabulous BTY. We really didn't see the need to go anywhere else during our stay. However, we did venture out one evening and tried a local restaurant called Ernies. The food there was better than any restaurant I have ever been to in the states. We also felt completely safe venturing out on our own, even though you may hear some bad things about doing this.
Now to the pool. I can really just sum it up as amazing. There are 2 sides to the pool divided by a man-made grotto/cave. The water flows over the top on both sides with a waterfall and you can even swim though one side to the other.
The beach was very nice too, however, I like the calm Caribbean waters, and this was not. My family however really enjoyed the waves and the water was very clear and clean. There are 2 downsides to the beach... one is you have to get on a water taxi to get there and back and the second is, the vendors on the beach are relentless. They come back to you everyday and multiple times. It was very annoying when all we wanted to do was relax, but all and all the beach was very nice.
My family and I loved this vacation so much, we are already planning to return next year if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and first class services of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zonewith attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubsand El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, tranquil private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers an unforgettable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beaches reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Pronatours Tour Desk • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Despegar.com so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach