My wife and I stayed at the Marina El CID from November 16 to Dec. 01, 2012 and from check-in to check-out we were treated like ROYALTY!
The resort took care of the wonderful transportation from the airport (mid-day and air conditioned) and after a seamless check-in and issuance of our elite AI bracelets by the ever-so-helpful Rogelio, we were taken to our 2 BR suite by the amazing porter "Israel" on the 3rd floor which both overlooked the pool and the marina with a spectacular 200 degree view! What a helpful and friendly person! Our concierge "Jorge" was always ready to please whenever we needed something, required a reservation or just needed to ask a question. Dining was amazing with a different twist on flavours every meal... and you have not lived until you have a Mexican coffee prepared by "Xavier" (a work of art!) who is the go-to guy in the resort for food, drink or specially prepared items of any kind.
Senior staff members Jacob and Ernesto can and will move mountains for you and provide you with a vacation experience second to none.
Pool activities were plentiful with 2-3 hours of volleyball every day with people from all over the world and Anarely, Arlete and Mariza provided exercises, activities and wonderfully enchanting conversation with genuine smiles at all times. Pool service was OUTSTANDING and Miguel and Abraham are so nice and provide such excellent service that we wanted to adopt the both of them and Anarely and Arlete!
If you go in late November, we participated in 2 turtle releases (one at the El Moro and the other at Marina) which was a highlight of our trip.
When we were there, the president of Mexico arrived for a stay and the staff ensured that there was a little disruption for the guest as possible. As well, the resort garnered "the cleanest resort in Mexico" distinction during our stay - and they deserve it! Amazing meals, plentiful sunshine, amazing scenery, fireworks (this is a major wedding destination) and an ideal location are all tied together by the most wonderful people, staff and service. I have no idea what others say about safety in Mexico....we walked the beaches, the town and resorts of EL CID in Mazatlan and never had an incident of any kind.... our home town of Vancouver is far more dangerous! We will be back to sun, service and smiles again this November... but this time for 3 weeks! Thank you EL CID Marina!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and first class services of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zonewith attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubsand El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, tranquil private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers an unforgettable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beaches reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Pronatours Tour Desk • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach