“Picture perfect vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Post Falls, Idaho
“Picture perfect vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My two young children and I just had a fabulous 8 night stay at the Marina. All of our expectations were exceeded. The room was spotless every day, the pools crystal clear, & the grounds very well maintained. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Sadly, we decided to spend our 2nd week at another El Cid property, the El Moro beach hotel. What a mistake that was! We were very disappointed. The service & quality was severely lacking. We wanted to move back immediately. Next year we will stay at the Marina for our entire 2 week stay. The staff at the Marina really seem to enjoy their jobs & the guests. The environment is fun, yet peaceful & safe. This hotel is perfect for both older adults and groups with young kids.

• Stayed June 2013
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear: jeninidaho

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.com following your recent visit with us.

It is so nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated and we truly wish to thank you for taking the time to reward us with your kindness. On behalf of the staff thank you so much for being our guest and for showing your appreciation.

Your comments about your experience at El Moro Hotel were already addressed. We continue to make updates and improvements to the hotel and value the feedback. Comments may not always be positive but allow us to evaluate and make decisions based on our guest’s feedback.

Please let us know when we have the privlege of having you back! If there is anything I can do for you during any future visits, please do not hesitate to ask for me. I look forward to seeing you at our hotel again soon!

Best regards,

813 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been inviting friends and family to stay at the marina Elcid for many years. Going on our 12Th year with frequent trips each year. This year was of concern to my friend who had two special needs children. One with low vision and the other post liver transplant. The second child also has many food allergies. The needs list was given to Jorge. Wow! What a great guy. He made sure everything was fine. One of the kids ended up with an ear infection. A doctor appointment was made and meds prescribed. The rooms were always cleaned well each day. Anything extra needed and it was accommodated straight away. Roberto, one of the bell boys, did a great job with the kids as did Israel and Fredy. Fredy helped the family so much with translation and finding resources. The second group of my friends also stayed at the marina and were treated so well. Fidel and Edy were awesome to the kids at the pool. Thank you to everyone at the marina. Once again, both sets of families had a great time. You guys rocked accommodating up to 9 people for meals, transportation etc. Sadly, my first group of friends had to travel back home to Washington. My second group had to move to the el Moro. I do not have many nice things to say about that transition. I do not believe that hotel targets repeat customers. Can't imagine anyone wanting to go back. Please read that review if you are interested in el Moro.

Dear:placid1Wa

First and for most I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for recommending us to your family and friends, this is so important to us for it helps others come and enjoy of our facilities as well as our wonderful City Mazatlan. I am definitely proud to have such hard working employees who always go that extra mile to make our guest stay as accommodating as possible, Jorge, Robert, Freddy, Eddy, and Fidel will be giving the recognition they deserve for their outstanding customer service I appreciate your observations on our hotel we work hard in having our hotel in its finest conditions there is always room for improvement we always take everyone commented into consideration it is an essential process that allows us to grow and just keep getting better each and every day . We hope this is a go on process and you keep on coming back we are always glad to assist.

My best,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Mazatlan since I was 2 years old and I have never had a bad experience. We have made tons of friends for example all the bellboys have known me since I was a little girl. Freddy who now works with golfing has helped is out numerous times. I love how the rooms are always clean and it's not so crowded. The only slight complaint I have is that the pool food is usually either dried out or is overdone but other then that it is great. Fidel one of the pool waiters Always has a smile on his face and is happy to take our order. I feel that Armando and Sr. Gomez are doing a great job running this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear: Treefrog1999

Many thanks for your review, it is greatly appreciated and I was very pleased to read about how well you were looked after, we really appreciated your loyalty for this last years you keep coming to El Cid Marina.

Thank you for your comments, particularly those related to our team – it is important for them to be told that they are continuing to do a wonderful job. We regularly use the reports on trip advisor to show the teams direct guest feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to do so. I know Freddy, Fidel, Armando and myself are delighted to read of your comments and I will share to the rest of the hotel you great mentioned!

Rests assure we are fully aware of your comments about the pool food; we share your comments with our food and beverage director and take the steps to prevent this happen again.

Our hotel makes every effort to ensure great vacations to each one of our customers, and it's very comfortable to know that you are part of this beautiful family at El Cid Marina. We hope you can continue on coming back with us for years and years to come we are always happy to serve you once

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I own a time share and whenever I am in Mazatlan we stay at the Marina. Great pools, great service, great prices, very safe and fun for both kids and adults. Our maid Olivia Vasquez provided the best service to all of us, made us feel very taken care of and even gave us hugs every day! Also the bellman are incredible, especially Jose and Octavio who provided us with great advice, great drivers, and really anything we needed!

Room Tip: Try and stay in the tower facing the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear: KAN 1965

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at El Cid Marina. Our objective is to provide the highest standard of Customer Care possible and always aim for excellence in service so it is very satisfying to know that we are doing well. We will share your comments with all the staff. Be assure that Olivia Vasquez, Jose and Octavio have a mention for their excellent job.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in not a distant future.

Kind regards,

austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a nice resort. There were many families with young kids. The food was healthy and fresh. There were many options in salads, fresh fruit, chicken, steak, fish grilled to order. Many paleo options for those who want to continue to look nice in a swimsuit after their vacation. :)

The workout room was okay. Very limited free weights. I took several spinning classes that were good workouts. I wish they had some crossfit classes to offer. It would have been fun to workout on the beach.

What I liked best about the place was the fact that it was small. Nice to be so close to the beach. I heard they are expanding. I hope this doesn't change the feel of the place.
I would consider returning which is saying something because I never visit the same place twice.

The beach was rocky as stated in other posts. Might be a concern for some. I liked being so close to the airport.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

we have been going there for years and take the family and friends and really have a wonderful time and the food is very good and also lots of places in walking distance for food
and if you can not walk just get in a cab and they will take you any where you want to
yes and the drinks are very good also we always have a wonderful time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear: 53beth

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Mazatlan is a wonderful place to explore; we really appreciated to know that you are able to enjoy the real life in our beautiful port.

We look forward to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Best regards

Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Note - I was very hesitant traveling to Mexico, having read all of the press about violence in recent years. My wife, on the other hand, knows people who vacation in Mazatlan every year and they swear it is safe as long as you aren't stupid about where you go and what you seek - like any other city you might visit. Based on our experience, I would concur. We just returned from a 12 day stay at the El Cid Marina Resort in Mazatlan. It was just what the Doctor ordered. We had been looking for an all inclusive that we could afford and this resort fulfilled our wishes. The staff were wonderful, from our arrival to our departure everyone was smiling, helpful, tolerant of our attempts at speaking Spanish, and truly a joy to be around. As we became more adventurous the staff helped us choose the best transportation for our needs and gave us excellent advice. Of special note were: Jose Luis, our evening waiter in the Marina's main restaurant. He treated us like old friends instead of guests and that felt great; Abraham and Miguel - poolside waiters at the Calypso bar - they answered our every need and never failed to fulfill a special request; Fidel, El Capitan of the Iguana pool bar where we frequently ate lunch, made sure that our every request was fulfilled. Basically, the staff totally spoiled us.

The rooms were comfortable, spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bed, while comfortable, is very firm. When I first lay down on it, I was sure I wouldn't sleep for the entire vacation. As it turned out, I slept great and never awoke with back pain like I sometimes do at home.

The food at the restaurant was good and the menu varies enough that you don't get in a rut. That being said, we felt the need to venture to the other El Cid restaurants at El Moro and Castilla to see what they were like as well. Our favorite restaurant was the Alcazar Italian restaurant at the Castilla. Jorge was the most excellent waiter and, on our second night of dining there, even had the chef make us a special dessert pizza. Jorge also serves a most excellent Special Mexican Coffee that all should try. If birds bother you, do not eat on the balcony of the marina restaurant - they are everywhere. We thought it was cool but others may not.

I don't know what other "all inclusive" plans include but the all inclusive plan at El Cid doesn't include everything. Most notably some better steaks, lobster, and shrimp were not included in the meal plan. WiFi is extra but they do have a computer room where you can use their equipment. Room Service is not included but they are good about asking what color wrist band you have before they supply the service - giving you the choice of paying extra or not.

All in all, we had a great stay. We met many wonderful people in the staff, the local population, other vacationers, and the expats living in the marina. We had plenty to eat, enough to drink, and the most restful vacation ever. Normally we tend not to return to a location we have visited before because there is just too much out there to see, but Mazatlan and El Cid Resorts may be the exception.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building nearest the restaurant so we had little view of the ocean but a nice view...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear: dan b

Thank you for contributing with all your valuable observations about our facilities there are many good reasons for us to keep doing what we do in service industry, and you just gave us another inspiration to keep up with it.

We always try to have the most exemplarily people who enjoy doing what they do. Rests assure that the people you previously mentioned will be given the recognition they deserve. I am glad you found our installations to be accommodating for you.

In regards to the all inclusive I’d just like to clear up that we indeed have 2 types of all inclusive packages one being the all inclusive and the other all inclusive elite, The all inclusive elite package allows you to consume in all four hotels those being Granada, Marina, Castilla, as well as Moro, it also allows you to dine at La Concha which is exclusively for Elite members, you are also registered in a Vip office no Lines quick and easy hassle free, unfortunately no package that we have includes the wifi this is because we have an external company that is in the facilities that are always on duty to help if there happens to be problems with the internet.

With that being said I would like to once again thank you for your feedback we really appreciate your outlook on our hotel we hope to assist you again.

Kind Regards,

Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!