“Repeat customer that keeps coming back.” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
New Look for Fine Dining
Ranked #1 of 76 hotels in Mazatlan
WA
“Repeat customer that keeps coming back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been inviting friends and family to stay at the marina Elcid for many years. Going on our 12Th year with frequent trips each year. This year was of concern to my friend who had two special needs children. One with low vision and the other post liver transplant. The second child also has many food allergies. The needs list was given to Jorge. Wow! What a great guy. He made sure everything was fine. One of the kids ended up with an ear infection. A doctor appointment was made and meds prescribed. The rooms were always cleaned well each day. Anything extra needed and it was accommodated straight away. Roberto, one of the bell boys, did a great job with the kids as did Israel and Fredy. Fredy helped the family so much with translation and finding resources. The second group of my friends also stayed at the marina and were treated so well. Fidel and Edy were awesome to the kids at the pool. Thank you to everyone at the marina. Once again, both sets of families had a great time. You guys rocked accommodating up to 9 people for meals, transportation etc. Sadly, my first group of friends had to travel back home to Washington. My second group had to move to the el Moro. I do not have many nice things to say about that transition. I do not believe that hotel targets repeat customers. Can't imagine anyone wanting to go back. Please read that review if you are interested in el Moro.

• Stayed June 2013
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear:placid1Wa

First and for most I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for recommending us to your family and friends, this is so important to us for it helps others come and enjoy of our facilities as well as our wonderful City Mazatlan. I am definitely proud to have such hard working employees who always go that extra mile to make our guest stay as accommodating as possible, Jorge, Robert, Freddy, Eddy, and Fidel will be giving the recognition they deserve for their outstanding customer service I appreciate your observations on our hotel we work hard in having our hotel in its finest conditions there is always room for improvement we always take everyone commented into consideration it is an essential process that allows us to grow and just keep getting better each and every day . We hope this is a go on process and you keep on coming back we are always glad to assist.

My best,

829 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Mazatlan since I was 2 years old and I have never had a bad experience. We have made tons of friends for example all the bellboys have known me since I was a little girl. Freddy who now works with golfing has helped is out numerous times. I love how the rooms are always clean and it's not so crowded. The only slight complaint I have is that the pool food is usually either dried out or is overdone but other then that it is great. Fidel one of the pool waiters Always has a smile on his face and is happy to take our order. I feel that Armando and Sr. Gomez are doing a great job running this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear: Treefrog1999

Many thanks for your review, it is greatly appreciated and I was very pleased to read about how well you were looked after, we really appreciated your loyalty for this last years you keep coming to El Cid Marina.

Thank you for your comments, particularly those related to our team – it is important for them to be told that they are continuing to do a wonderful job. We regularly use the reports on trip advisor to show the teams direct guest feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to do so. I know Freddy, Fidel, Armando and myself are delighted to read of your comments and I will share to the rest of the hotel you great mentioned!

Rests assure we are fully aware of your comments about the pool food; we share your comments with our food and beverage director and take the steps to prevent this happen again.

Our hotel makes every effort to ensure great vacations to each one of our customers, and it's very comfortable to know that you are part of this beautiful family at El Cid Marina. We hope you can continue on coming back with us for years and years to come we are always happy to serve you once

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I own a time share and whenever I am in Mazatlan we stay at the Marina. Great pools, great service, great prices, very safe and fun for both kids and adults. Our maid Olivia Vasquez provided the best service to all of us, made us feel very taken care of and even gave us hugs every day! Also the bellman are incredible, especially Jose and Octavio who provided us with great advice, great drivers, and really anything we needed!

Room Tip: Try and stay in the tower facing the ocean!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear: KAN 1965

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at El Cid Marina. Our objective is to provide the highest standard of Customer Care possible and always aim for excellence in service so it is very satisfying to know that we are doing well. We will share your comments with all the staff. Be assure that Olivia Vasquez, Jose and Octavio have a mention for their excellent job.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in not a distant future.

Kind regards,

austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a nice resort. There were many families with young kids. The food was healthy and fresh. There were many options in salads, fresh fruit, chicken, steak, fish grilled to order. Many paleo options for those who want to continue to look nice in a swimsuit after their vacation. :)

The workout room was okay. Very limited free weights. I took several spinning classes that were good workouts. I wish they had some crossfit classes to offer. It would have been fun to workout on the beach.

What I liked best about the place was the fact that it was small. Nice to be so close to the beach. I heard they are expanding. I hope this doesn't change the feel of the place.
I would consider returning which is saying something because I never visit the same place twice.

The beach was rocky as stated in other posts. Might be a concern for some. I liked being so close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

we have been going there for years and take the family and friends and really have a wonderful time and the food is very good and also lots of places in walking distance for food
and if you can not walk just get in a cab and they will take you any where you want to
yes and the drinks are very good also we always have a wonderful time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear: 53beth

Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Mazatlan is a wonderful place to explore; we really appreciated to know that you are able to enjoy the real life in our beautiful port.

We look forward to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Best regards

Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Note - I was very hesitant traveling to Mexico, having read all of the press about violence in recent years. My wife, on the other hand, knows people who vacation in Mazatlan every year and they swear it is safe as long as you aren't stupid about where you go and what you seek - like any other city you might visit. Based on our experience, I would concur. We just returned from a 12 day stay at the El Cid Marina Resort in Mazatlan. It was just what the Doctor ordered. We had been looking for an all inclusive that we could afford and this resort fulfilled our wishes. The staff were wonderful, from our arrival to our departure everyone was smiling, helpful, tolerant of our attempts at speaking Spanish, and truly a joy to be around. As we became more adventurous the staff helped us choose the best transportation for our needs and gave us excellent advice. Of special note were: Jose Luis, our evening waiter in the Marina's main restaurant. He treated us like old friends instead of guests and that felt great; Abraham and Miguel - poolside waiters at the Calypso bar - they answered our every need and never failed to fulfill a special request; Fidel, El Capitan of the Iguana pool bar where we frequently ate lunch, made sure that our every request was fulfilled. Basically, the staff totally spoiled us.

The rooms were comfortable, spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bed, while comfortable, is very firm. When I first lay down on it, I was sure I wouldn't sleep for the entire vacation. As it turned out, I slept great and never awoke with back pain like I sometimes do at home.

The food at the restaurant was good and the menu varies enough that you don't get in a rut. That being said, we felt the need to venture to the other El Cid restaurants at El Moro and Castilla to see what they were like as well. Our favorite restaurant was the Alcazar Italian restaurant at the Castilla. Jorge was the most excellent waiter and, on our second night of dining there, even had the chef make us a special dessert pizza. Jorge also serves a most excellent Special Mexican Coffee that all should try. If birds bother you, do not eat on the balcony of the marina restaurant - they are everywhere. We thought it was cool but others may not.

I don't know what other "all inclusive" plans include but the all inclusive plan at El Cid doesn't include everything. Most notably some better steaks, lobster, and shrimp were not included in the meal plan. WiFi is extra but they do have a computer room where you can use their equipment. Room Service is not included but they are good about asking what color wrist band you have before they supply the service - giving you the choice of paying extra or not.

All in all, we had a great stay. We met many wonderful people in the staff, the local population, other vacationers, and the expats living in the marina. We had plenty to eat, enough to drink, and the most restful vacation ever. Normally we tend not to return to a location we have visited before because there is just too much out there to see, but Mazatlan and El Cid Resorts may be the exception.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building nearest the restaurant so we had little view of the ocean but a nice view...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear: dan b

Thank you for contributing with all your valuable observations about our facilities there are many good reasons for us to keep doing what we do in service industry, and you just gave us another inspiration to keep up with it.

We always try to have the most exemplarily people who enjoy doing what they do. Rests assure that the people you previously mentioned will be given the recognition they deserve. I am glad you found our installations to be accommodating for you.

In regards to the all inclusive I’d just like to clear up that we indeed have 2 types of all inclusive packages one being the all inclusive and the other all inclusive elite, The all inclusive elite package allows you to consume in all four hotels those being Granada, Marina, Castilla, as well as Moro, it also allows you to dine at La Concha which is exclusively for Elite members, you are also registered in a Vip office no Lines quick and easy hassle free, unfortunately no package that we have includes the wifi this is because we have an external company that is in the facilities that are always on duty to help if there happens to be problems with the internet.

With that being said I would like to once again thank you for your feedback we really appreciate your outlook on our hotel we hope to assist you again.

Kind Regards,

Northern Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We exchanged into a 1- bedroom unit (321) with a great view of the main pool and the marina. Nice sized kitchen with fridge, stove top, blender, toaster, coffee maker. No dishwasher, but they provided dish soap. Huge marble table with seating for at least four. There was a charge for their coffee but we brought some from home, so we just put theirs aside. Patio entrance from both the living area and the bedroom. Very comfy bed with a nice heavy duvet. They have upgraded the tvs with flat screens in the living area, however, they still had a large set in the bedroom which worked just fine. Huge closet, two full set of drawers along with two nightstands provided plenty of storage. The room came with a clock radio, in room safe and hair dryer and ironing board/iron. Wireless access was $30 for the week.

I liked the setup of the bathroom areas. One full sink area off the bedroom area and a second sink area outside the bedroom next to the toilet/shower room. I could get up and shower and blow dry my hair in the morning and my husband could still sleep in the other room! Huge tiled walk in shower with nice pressure.

Unit was in great condition as was the condition of the entire resort. Everything was clean, landscaping was perfectly manicured. Pools were fresh and clean. No problems at all with check-in or check-out. Never had a wait for anything that we needed from the front desk.

The resort was very quiet the week we were there. I saw a board with planned activities listed on it, however, I actually never saw anybody actually participating in anything organized (not to say they didn’t have it, we might have just missed it!)! We did visit the El Cid Moro pool area one day, and I did see an entire afternoon of activities with adults and children both participating there.

Pools/Beach – Spent several days at each of the two marina pools. Both pools were clean and warm. Now the hot tub was HOT! Usually we go on vacation and the jets don’t work and the water is lukewarm, not here. The water was hot enough that my slightly sunburnt feet didn’t even want to go in! We seemed to have more fun over at the Iquana pool, but not sure why – maybe it was the iguanas! There is a Happy Hour each afternoon which rotated each hour between the beach and the two pools and then on to the marina bar.

We took the two minute water shuttle over to the El Cid Marina beach one afternoon. Very good bar service and food over there also. Also spent one day over at the El Cid Moro pool for a little bit of variety. Very busy, lots of people, definitely more of a party atmosphere!

The staff at the marina restaurant was outstanding. We never ate off of the dinner menu, however, we had two nights of freshly caught fish (one night Mahi Mahi and one night Marlin) prepared by the resort chef. Both nights were delicious. The waiters (Daniel and Jose) were tons of fun! We did eat at the breakfast buffet a few times. One morning it was extremely busy as it seemed a convention had checked in for the weekend. Despite the crowds, there was a variety and ample supply of everything. We had snacks and or lunch poolside – service and food were great at both pools! They served awesome ceviche poolside!

Store - Small onsite store. Most of your basics were available. Pop, limited brands of liquor, dairy, paper products, bread, snacks.

Coffee Shop – There was a little coffee shop down by the harbormaster building. I would recommend that they open up ½ hour earlier each day and they would probably double their business providing early morning coffee for the fishing charter boats!

Aries Fishing Fleet – We went fishing with the Aries III crew of Martin and Julio. Caught a large mahi mahi and it was a beautiful day for a boat ride! If you wish, order a box lunch the night before from the restaurant.

Optional All-Inclusive: I would recommend getting a detailed list of the restaurants that your particular all-inclusive wristbands allow and at which El Cid resorts. They have several colors of wristbands and they all represent something different. It was slightly confusing. And made it very hard to try and eat with other couples who all had all-inclusive, but just different colors. I think if you know when you get there exactly where and when you can eat, you will be fine. The paperwork in the rooms was a little outdated and even the servers were a little confused at times. If you only are eating at the El Cid Marina, I think that you would be perfectly fine, it just got confusing when you tried to venture out to the other El Cid resorts and their restaurants.

Staff was the best! From Maricarmen on the way to the resort to all of the bartenders and waiters and the chef and the bellboys and housekeeping – we never had to ask twice for anything! I cannot remember everyone’s names – but Lupita, Francisco, Juan, Maricarmen, Nadia, Jose, Daniel and Fidel just to name a few!

The marina area seemed further out of town on the map before we got there. But it is actually very convenient to all city activities. It is a short pulmonia ride to the Golden Zone and just another few minutes to el Centro. We never had to wait more than five minutes for a shuttle to any of the other resorts.

It would say that this resort is most suitable for young families and couples wanting to relax. We are in our late 40s and honestly were about the youngest people at the resort this particular week.

I would recommend taking a pulmonia ride somewhere, take the City Tour, walk the Malecon one afternoon and spend a day on the beach!

Room Tip: We liked our room 321 overlooking the pool and marina - however, if you want an ocean view you need...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear:jameless

Thank you for sharing your insights. We appreciate you taking the time in writing this review for this not only helps us see our high points but our weaknesses as well not to mention it also a way to let our fellow viewers know what we have to offer so they can come and give us a try next time they want to come visit Mazatlan.

We like to make lasting impressions and it seems like we were successful. I’d like to touch on a comment you mentioned having to do with the wrist band and its many color the reason for this is here in El Cid we host many events such as congresses, and business meetings as well as school trips, so this is just a way we came up with to keep things under control but I will have a talk with my staff so we can be a bit more clear on the information given once checking in so this will not be a problem in a near future.

As far as my staff rest assures that they will be congratulated on their hard labor. Thank you for giving us a full on over view on your observations throughout the hotel we work hard to always try and have everything in the best conditions we possibly can but there is always room for improvement.

We hope you come and visit us again we cannot wait to host you once more and make your stay yet again a memorable one.
My best,

Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!