We have just returned El Cid Marina Beach Hotel & must say that it is a small, tranquil & high class property.
If you like to drink your face off & party, this is not the hotel for you. If you are retired and affluent, you will enjoy this property meet many similar people. We are none of the above but we enjoyed our stay & appreciated the beauty of the property, the outstanding food & professional staff.
As all inclusive guests staying a week, we were the minority as everyone seemed to have a time share, were ``back again`` & staying for weeks.
We were very happy to be able to take the shuttle to the other El Cid properties (which by the way, are not nearly as nice as The Marina)Especially since we always use fitness facilities while on holiday, we appreciated being able to go to the country club.
We also liked being able to eat at other restaurants as there is only one at The Marina (although the restrictions on where we could & could not eat were annoying and confusing: ``Yes, you can eat breakfast at the country club,....No, you cannot eat breakfast at the country club...`` There was alot of ``You can have this, you cannot have that with all inclusive`` which lent itself to elitism (& by the way, you pay for that water & coffee in the room...& the `Free in Room Wi Fi` is not free.....)
Also having to constantly give your 5 digit bracelet number (*note* it rubs off) as well as your 3 digit room number every single time you order something, then sign a food bill that totalled $0.00 (as we were all inclusive) got to be a real nuisance. We have stayed at many resorts that offer all inclusive as well as time share and have never had this annoying policy.
Complaining aside, we loved our week away in Mazatlan. We had a fabulous day on the beach & in the water on Stone Island, because although the beach at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel is outstanding, the red flag flew every day. Even if it hadn`t, the water was freezing cold. This was disappointing as we go south for the ocean, not for swimming pools (though they were very lovely & warm.) There is a fabulous huge hot tub as well.
We had a huge room on the 3rd floor with a fabulous view. We don`t go south for the room either so felt quite spoiled by our accomodations! Very clean and well maintained (night time turn down service!) and the beds were more than comfortable. I did need to have my noise elimination ear plugs in so I didn`t hear our neighbours during the night though. Remember too that this is NOT a party place...there are no loud drinking games at the pool or a disco on the property.
I want to conclude that we speak very highly about the hospitality in general at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel & we were thrilled that there were so many locals enjoying themselves there as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and first class services of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zonewith attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubsand El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, tranquil private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers an unforgettable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach