“Staying in Marina - Nice spot to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #1 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Las Vegas
“Staying in Marina - Nice spot to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We used the marina facilities as a visiting sailboat and found them to be very comfortable. There is some surge from the tide however the facilities are excellent and the staff both friendly and helpful. It is a great place to stay and relax for a while.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear: John M

I sincerely hope your visit soon to this Hotel, I'm really sure you will not change your first impression.
As you just all ready described El Cid Marina Hotel it’s a comfortable and relaxing please, we work together for the same proposed that is meet your expectation.
Please contact me if you decide to come to Mazatlan, It will be my pleasure to receive it personally.

Warm Greetings

814 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Lake Arrowhead, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Another wonderful vacation at the El Cid Marina, thanks to the warmth of all the staff, from housekeeping, waiters, front desk, security, activities and even the woman who took care of our laundry! We love being away from the hustle of the tourist zone and having the option of going to either the beach or pool to kick back. And Martin, the pianist, never fails to play our favorite songs each year.

One incident stood out this year, in contrast to a recent reviewer's experience who lost two rings from her room. We left for dinner one night and forgot to lock the safe--as in, we left the cupboard door down and the safe door wide open. We had everything in there--all our cash, jewelry, passports, credit cards, etc. The evening maid turned down our bed while we were at dinner so she obviously had seen the safe wide open, yet nothing had been taken. Lucky? Yes, but not surprised.

We continue to return to this special resort each year, where we are consistently treated like VIPs but more importantly, like family. You might find bigger, fancier resorts with more onsite amenities, but you'll be hard-pressed to find customer service that matches the El Cid Marina. Muchas gracias a todos por otra vacacion inolvidable!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear: alison98

First of all I would like to thank you for your loyalty to Marina El Cid Hotel and making us part of your vacation as it already has in previous years.

I'm proud that we meet your expectations and I really appreciate to mention of great job received from our departments, cleaners, waiters, reception, security, activities, laundry and pianist Martin.

Regarding the incident of the previous user, I appreciate all comments each and every one of them negative and positive are helpful to support growth of our company, and let us know our weaknesses and strengths.

Please let us know the next time you’re coming to the sunniest city in Mexico so we can take good care of you at our hotel, hopefully, for a longer stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Don't make the same mistake I made by not using the room safe to lock up your jewelry. Two rings went missing from my room. They were not locked in the safe. In all the years we have been coming to Mazatlan we have never had anything like this happen. Those rings were extremely important to me. I have to say that Armando, the manager, was very professional in his handling this issue.

On a good note, we had an enjoyable experience listening to the musician who plays in the evening at the Marina restaurant. He played my husband's favorite songs. The waiters were very nice and the food was excellent.

Dear: cocoliz

For I can read obviously we can’t meet your expectations, when l read this review I can’t imagine that you are talking about El Cid Marina

Such incidents are not acceptable for any reason, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding; our employees are honest people with many years of service, that is why I am surprised to see your note.

Your same can check with the rest of our comments, is that in truth it comes a misunderstanding and together with the security department we are in the research to find the motive of its lost

Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel as though they belong during their time with us and that each visit is a special one. Your valuable comments only assist us in ensuring that others will experience a warm welcome and 5 star services.

Hopefully in a not too distant future give us the opportunity to serve you again and change your perspective to what is now believes, don't hesitate to contact me if in your next visit come to Mazatlan, I hope I really hope be the hotel of your choice.

Happy Holidays

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just returned from Mazatlan! AGAIN! Happy, Healthy, Suntanned, and ready to go back. If you listen to the news, read the newspaper and hear about all the gangs and violence better look again and confirm where this is all happening...stay home .. We found El Cid Marina a better place to be. The staff the food,the accomodations, all of El Cid's properties are first class.

Room Tip: Not giving away any secrets to the best room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear: dbayersalmon64

We sincerely thank you for your positive review and for highly recommending our hotel.
all these comments about the violence in our city have been used only to push people away our this paradise is Mazatlan, when in reality it what is happening as you could see, that's why your comment is very helpful to encourage people to visit this great port and feel safe.

It gives me great pleasure and contentment to know that you were satisfied with the service given during your stay. I have conveyed your comments to my coworkers and thanked them for once again bringing satisfaction to our guests.

Enjoy the holidays and thank you for staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

For one week, my wife and I received the best of service.
This included the office staff, the room maintenance & cleaning persons, the restaurant staff and the ground keepers.
They obviously enjoyed their work and all displayed a very friendly manner.
This resort is an excellent example of a "service oriented" organization!

Richard Imboden, Clarkdale,Az.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Mr. Richard Imboden

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through guest feedback that we assess the standard of our service, and therefore amend it, so as to meet and exceed guest expectations.

Thank you also for highlighting the service you received at the office staff, room maintenance, cleaning persons, the restaurant staff and the ground keepers.

Should you make a return visit to Mazatlan (which I hope you do), please contact me directly as I would be most happy to offer you a far superior service to what you previously received.

Kindest regards,

Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were vacationing at El Cid Marina when Hurricane Sandy attacked our area. Nothing we could do, but ALL the personnel at El Cid did everything they could to help us out. The loaned us their US cells, checked with the airport for our flight, offered us additional days lodging if we needed it. The entire staff could not have been more accommodating!
LOVE the all inclusive, too!
Snorkeling trip was great!

Room Tip: Bring lots of $1's for tips. MUST have sunscreen!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Sue w

I hope that when I get home there and found everything in order that your family is safe.
Our priority is the safety of our customers, that's why we take care of them every moment during your vacation, I like the comment and I can see a positive reaction caused you.
I am glad that our staff was helpful and I hope to see you back in the not too distant future.

My best wishes,

Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent a week at El Cid Marina through an Interval International Getaway. Our purpose was to practice speaking Spanish and boy did we practice! The staff, from Leonardo who brought us to our first room, to the second Leonardo who was so accommodating to switch our first room to a room with a balcony, to Fidel and Ramon at the Iguana Pool and the newest waiter at the Marina Restaurant, Alberto who went all out to keep us speaking Spanish! The wait staff is beyond reproach. We spent a few days at El Moro beach and the staff there was excellent. Playing Bingo (RIFAS) in Spanish was our biggest challenge! I have to say that the beach vendors were not pushy and even sat awhile and chatted in Spanish even if we didn't buy anything. Our room was very nice, and was cleaned every day. We didn't venture beyond the resort, and the shuttle service from resort to resort was always available. The Mexican Show at El Castilla was FANTASTIC! If you want to speak Spanish as a second language, come here! Even if you don't, don't hesitate because you won't be disappointed. Came back to NJ to face Hurricane Sandy. Good thing we were well rested.

Room Tip: The Marina resort is very quiet. Most of the rooms have a balcony. We originally checked into a ro...
Dear: Karen P

Hopefully your family are well and safe, truly I really sorry what happened with that terrible hurricane, I truly hope to everything go well soon.

In other hand I want to thank you for your great review which you publish in Tripadvisor regarding your stay in El Cid Marina. I proud know that I have a great team who has helped us greatly to take care on your needs and make a wonderful vacation; Leonardo, Fidel, Alberto and Ramon receive a great mention for their effort.

Is good to know you are in our other hotels enjoying the service, at El Cid work by covering all the needs of our guests, which is why we have a variety of options, we are a team working for the same goal.

If for some reason decides to come to Mazatlan would love to be the hotel of your choice, will be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Cordially,

Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!