We are timeshare owners at Marina El Cid in Mazatlan. Actually my wife and I co-own with her brother and his wife. Normally, my wife and I visit once every other year. Our time of this visit was Feb 9, 2008 – Feb 16, 2008. First the glitch…
We arrived at Marina at about 9:30PM on Feb 8th only to be told they would not have a room for us until the following day. They would put us up at El Moro for one night. I don’t know what the difficulty was. We had reserved the timeshare back in October and received a confirmation. Our timeshare unit consists of a joined junior suite and one-bedroom suite. Needless to say, the six of us in our party were not happy. At the front desk of El Cid, a gentleman named Armando was very polite and very helpful. We were given a free round of drinks at the bar, and free breakfast buffets the next morning. We were also promised our room at Marina by about 1:00PM the next day. So, we were shuttled over to El Moro (after our free round of drinks), and retired for the night. The next morning we awoke, and had our bags transferred over to Marina. We all took advantage of a nice, extensive breakfast buffet (which has expanded a little – for the better – over the past few years). Two members of our party went golfing for the morning. In the meantime, the remaining 4 hung around the pool on a rather cool morning until we could get our room.
At 1:00PM we were given an option of three available units. The first one Armando showed us was completely remodeled! New appliances, cabinetry, furnishings, light fixtures, and some attractive new artwork. We were all extremely impressed! We told him he needn’t show us the other units because we wanted this one. I’m not certain if this was the only fully remodeled unit, but if it was a sign of how they are going to be updating the entire resort, they are definitely heading in the right direction.
We definitely like El Cid in Mazatlan. Especially the location and the complimentary shuttle service between the El Cid resorts. Marina is on the “quiet” end of the spectrum, whereas El Moro and Castilla are much more active. It’s nice to shuttle from resort to resort. Plus the proximity to the Golden Zone is nice too.
As an FYI, Senor Frog’s is opening a new restaurant/ bar in the Castilla resort in the location of the old El Caracol disco during summer of 2008.
The beds are still hard, but the resort is nice. We ended up enjoying every minute of it. Again, our thanks go out to Armando (and the other staff) who offered such polite assistance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and first class services of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zonewith attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubsand El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, tranquil private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers an unforgettable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beaches reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Pronatours Tour Desk • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach