“Treated like Royalty” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 74 hotels in Mazatlan
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Treated like Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had the best vacation ever! The staff went above and beyond. The grounds were lush and beautiful. The accommodations were excellent. We felt very safe on the Resort grounds and while out and about in Mazatlan.

Jorge coordinated everything for us, our fishing, sailing and sightseeing trips, spa appointments, stocked the refrigerator with our favorite beverages and brought in special treats for us each night. Daniel was the best waiter, the food was superb, especially the fresh shrimp dishes and he makes wonderful Mango margaritas. The transportation to the other El Cid properties was prompted and regular. Our room was clean and comfortable although the bed was a little firmer than I like.

We had such a great time that we hated to go home to our “peasant-like” life as we were treated like royalty at the El Cid Marina Hotel.

We love to travel and have had three wonderful weeklong trips in the last 18-months, visiting 10 countries. Our trip to Mazatlan was by far the best! It was an absolutely amazing trip! We highly recommend traveling to Mazatlan, Mexico and staying at the El Cid Marina Hotel. We can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Our room faced the jetty.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear: Eslingers

Thank you not only for taken a few minutes of you valuable time to write a review, also for sharing such wonderful comment.

I love that you gave specific details; the way that you describe our grounds, accommodation, you room was always clean and you mentioned can feel safe in the hotel and while out in Mazatlan. I hope others do appreciate this as well. I am very proud to know from 10 countries has been in the world; Mazatlan is for far the best.

We are glad you appreciate our services and staff attitude, Jorge made a wonderful job taking care of our customers and making sure every detail during their stay, I am glad to tell him that their effort is reflected in this comment. Be assured that I will print your comments to Jorge, Daniel and the rest of the staff for their excellent job.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in your next visit to Mazatlán if you choose El Cid Marina and do not hesitate to contact me or any of the team members if we can be of any assistance.

Sincerely

General Manager.

811 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Although had some problems with despegar.com the hotel was very good and the suite was big and clean, the staff was excellent. It has many places to go inside the hotel, great view at La Marina.
One point is that they do charge you for Wi-Fi which I think at this point should be free at any hotel.
Overall I would love to come back ;)

• Stayed August 2012
Dear. Mr. Carlos P

It’s really good to know we meet your expectations, and even more the facilities and friendly staff contribute to make more enjoyable your vacations.

We will really appreciate your confidence vote one more time to El Cid Marina in your next visit to Mazatlan; we assure that you will receive the excellence and distinguished service.

We look forward to serve you very soon in our beautiful beaches of Mazatlan!!!

Best wishes,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a great place to stay and the views are beautiful from the hotel. The only downside is that you have to go to other resorts or across the jedi to enjoy the beach. Other than that the pool is awesome and the staff is excellent at this resort. I would recommend this for most couples without children.

Room Tip: all of the rooms overlook either the pool or the ocean--if possible getting up a few floors gives a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear: Rod W

Thank so much for giving us a few minutes of your valuable time to post a review about your experience at the El Cid Marina.

Regret the inconvenience that been for you to crossed to enjoy our beach and other facilities, in otherwise I am gladly to read most of our services and facilities were your complete satisfaction like the pool and the service provided by our staff.

This is a result of a complete team effort, and your comments are an inspiration to us all that really help make El Cid the success it is

Once again thank you for your recommendation in this way, we hope to see you soon and welcome you back to your house El Cid Marina.

Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My Family and I spent a week on this hotel, my daugther(2), my niece(4) and my nephew(7) had a great time on one of the pools, the one with kids pool. The other was simply too deep for them.
Advantages
-Two pools
-Full Kitchen
-Pool Personnel. I was very pleased about the work Marcela and the pool team made to entertain kids. They got an A+

Disadvantages
-One of the pools, deep one, was too crowded and too noisy, if you are looking for a quiet place, don't select this or ask for a room far from the pools.
- Water Taxi, it takes between 20 to 40 minutes to get to beach, you need to walk to dock, and then wait for water taxi. Imagine that with three kids asking, when are we going to get the beach?
- There are no supermarkets, nor restaurants nor bars near hotel, you need to take hotel shuttle, a bus, a taxi or a "pulmonia".
- Pool temperature, can you imagine being at 105 °F and then get into the pool where the water is almost at the same temperature? It was really, really uncomfortable.
- Concierge Service, We were 8 grown up and 3 children. I asked her for a Van back to the airport, and she just said you should call a cab company. What? did anyone tell her about her duties? I finally got one with bell boys.
- Bad mattress, mattress at 133 room was really, really old. I could not get a good night of sleep.
- I could almost hear my up neighborgs talk.

Room Tip: Rooms between pools are better. Choose higher floors, ground level is too noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear, Luis y Claudia

Greetings from sunny beaches of Mazatlan!!!

We kindly would like to thank you for having the time to share your experience with us.
Our commitment is to work hard every day to offer high standars in service and accommodations. We know we are in a competitive market, for that reason we aim to excellence in every way, and our priority is not only satisfy their needs, it is exceed them. Accept my sincere apologize for any inconvenient this could cause you with the information has not been appropriate, our location don't meet your expectations, other way, thank you very much for letting us know our strengths and weaknesses highlighted these points, please be assured that we will start working on them.

I hope to give us the opportunity to serve you again in one of our Resorts

Calgary, Ab, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Arrived April 7 for a 7 night visit, From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we had no complaints and enjoyed everything that El Cid had to offer. We went the All inclusive route and had no complaints at all with the restaurant or any of the poolside kitchens. We met many great people whether it was joining the very friendly poker games in the bar with the locals (many good laughs with these people) the Dining experience with Rigo and the other servers (we'll certainly remember the fun times at the bars after with these guys) Jamie the entertainment director, good guy. The pools are clean, the caves in the quiet pool are fun, the 2nd pool had music and activites. You can take the 30 second boat shuttle over the beach and enjoy the day under the huts or right out on the beach (travelling salesmen are not bad here at all) The free rides to the other resorts is nice, 1 of them is right in Mazatlans 'Golden Zone' right close to anything you'd want.

Overall, we were impressed. I would recommend this place to anyone, it pretty much has it all. Singles, Families, Partiers, Retirees.

Thanks for the experience El Cid.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear: BeerMan_76

I cannot express my gratitude for you review, you do know what you words means to me, It’s always nice to be recognized especially when you work hard for it. With pleasure I can read the service El Cid has to offer.

I’m so happy to know that you enjoyed the all inclusive package and meet your expectations, as well with the activities team you enjoyed their poker games and these activities served to other customers know each to other, all this is created by the friendly atmosphere with a good team. Be assured Jaime and Rigo will receive a mention for their great work.

My team and I can not wait to pamper you in your next time in El Cid Marina. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any assist.

Best Regards,

Yauco, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is a bit far from everything good to do out there. They only offer a shuttle bus ride to the other Cid hotels that are somewhat closer but yet far from El Malecon and downtown. The prices for the trips are high, you can get better deals outside in any of the agencies scattered around the street. I got promised a free breakfast that I never got, and also a free trip to Deer Island that got changed at the last moment to a City Tour. The staff wont respect that DO NOT DISTURB sign outside, they would still get in while you are sleeping. Also they went in my room at 8am, I mean who gets in at that time, they closed the door only when I yelled a bad word. To me it wasn't a good experience. The facilities where good but I rather go to the beach downtown than to spend time in the pool, I can do that anywhere else in the world, even back home. And last, I don't know how but cockroaches kept crawling into the room and tis noisy big cricket got inside after that lady came to clean.

Room Tip: I would suggest another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear armygirl68w

On behalf of everyone at El Cid Marina, I would like to thank you for choosing us to stay. On another note, I really regret not to have fulfilled your expectations; due to that our goal is to make our guests have a memorable stay. We always appreciate to our guests the fact of bringing to out attention any discomfort you may have at this your home, for that reason I thank you for expressing your experience on this website, this help us to improve. Whilst, I would like to share with you that we are strengthening our practices of service in the House keeping department, as well as the fumigation process in order to avoid the most possible any of these situations.

We look forward for your return; we really wish to change your first impression.

Receive our best wishes,

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I and my two children, ages 11 and 9, headed back down to Mazatlan with a friend and her son and had an outstanding time at the El Cid Marina hotel in Mazatlan. Our kids loved the pool with the caves and the rocks to jump off. The pool is always clean and the staff is oustanding. Fidel, Edy, Willie, Daniel, Aaron, Carlos and the lifeguard, Juan, made our stay perfect. One of our children celebrated a birthday and the staff went out of their way to make sure it was special. My kids cannot wait to go back. Senior Gomez visited the area daily to ensure that the guests were all having a great time. He is a busy man but always takes time to say hello. This is our 15th year heading to Mazatlan and we have yet to be disappointed. We are already making plans for next year and of course we will be at the marina. Thanks to all the staff and Senior Gomez for another great vacation.

Anne and family from Minnesota

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and the marina has the largest hotel room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Minnesotachicks

Thank you so much for choosing us to be part of your vacations, we really appreciate the time for write this review, all your comments are very important for us, we all have the same goal, make you comfortable and help you to enjoy a terrific vacations. Kids are very important for us, and it is wonderful to know that they have fun at the resort, as you experienced, El Cid offers fun for all ages. I always love to take care of our guests and to pay attention in details in order you have a wonderful vacation, for that reason guests see me very often on areas.

On another note, I agree with you, the waiter staff is amazing, we feel very honor to have them at the Marina el Cid family, they are always happy and willing to help you.

I hope to receive you next year, we will gladly assist you!

Warm regards!

Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!