“Wonderful MZT vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
Post Falls, Idaho
“Wonderful MZT vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Myself and my daughter (age 7) spent 9 nights at the El CID Marina hotel. Our room was wonderful and very comfortable. The maid was great, leaving us a clean room every morning. The staff were friendly & very helpful. Being a single mom, traveling with a child, I was concerned about safety. We felt COMPLETELY safe at the Marina. The resort was family friendly. While lively diring the day, it was quiet at night. The pools were sparkling clean and inviting as well as the grounds. We have zero complaints. We plan to return next June for another perfect family vacation!

Room Tip: Get a room near the cave pool if traveling school age with children.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
GMELCID, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear jeninidaho

What pleasant is to read you had a perfect vacation, for that it is because all of us work very hard. I understand that travelling alone with your daughter may be of concern, but as you noticed, here at El Cid Marina we offer security in all aspects to our guests.

Everyone here at Marina are so happy to know that you enjoyed of both, service and facilities, and look forward for your return next June, we will treat you with the same personalized service that characterizes us.

Best regards,

786 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

El Cid is out of town so a bit far from everything. The checkin was simple and rooms were nice. We had a separate sitting room and dining area which was nice. Bathroom was large and nice. This was an odd resort. While they have "three restaraunts..only one was open per meal.
Bkfst Buffet was great. Men..no tank tops here. Women can wear whatever but if your a guy they will send you back to your roomto put a sleeved shirt on (yes for bkfst)
Only one real restaurant to eat at at each meal..buffet for bkfst.. pool area for lunch and downstairs for dinner but it was nice. They made you sign a bill for each thing you ate..weird but in the end it was all inclusive. Excellent Guacamole and chicken quesadeas at the pool bar and excellent chair service. Dinner-- tiny little pub but good food since they make it to order,
Pool was nicely landscaped. Loved the pool area.
No entertainment here......none..zilch. No entertainment team, no pool games. This would be good for quiet people.

Went to town to see the other el Cids..which we could use but the portions we could use were really crowded and not very nice! If you want a quite vacation and to be a bit more secluded this is nice. If you want nightlife and lots to do nearby it is not. I preferred this over the other properties and it was well priced when I went.

Room Tip: ants in the room..do not leave out food!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear MsAlaska

We welcome your comments regarding your perception of the services received at this your home, but even more, we thank are grateful with you for your observations which help us to improve our service. I can appreciate that you were hosted with the benefits of the All Inclusive where El Cid Marina offers the advantage of enjoying our restaurants and addition, consumption centers and speciality restaurants in our sister hotels. As you mention, the hotel offers the opportunity to enjoy of two pools, in one of them, our guests can enjoy of the activities carried out by the entertainment department, and the second one offers the option of a more peaceful atmosphere.

On another hand, we are strongly reinforcing our fumigation program in rooms for this rainy season, with the goal to avoid that this happen again in other rooms, we are sorry for that.
Thanks again for giving us your preference, and for allowing us to improve, rest assure that in your next visit, you will see that we work very hard to reinforce where it needs.

Kind regards,

West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Beautiful grounds. Two pools: One with a 15ft. bottom and caves. The other a little livlier with "anamacion" and activities. Great restaurants and service. Never stayed in the rooms, just the marina. Its very quiet at night. We have been staying there for over 10 years. Its just around the corner from the main drag in Mazatlan.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I Stayed at the Marina EL CID from May 20th to the 27th.. This was my second trip to the Marina and all I can say is wow!! From the moment I arrived to the minute I left I was impressed with everything. The accommodations were very large and clean overlooking the Light house as I had requested
I had the All inclusive elite and ate very well every where I went in the El Cid resorts. I would have to say that I much enjoyed the cuisine that the Marina had to offer to all the others. It might be true that the menu isn’t that large, but they will prepare special dishes for you if you ask. I never had a bad meal.. I could go on and thank everyone by name but it would take too long. Everyone was polite and did everything possible to make my stay an enjoyable vacation Pool side was wonderful also no mater which pool I was at. The Calypso bar was a hoot!!The mango Margareta’s were so tasty!
Along with the elite I had free golf and I want to personally thank Fernando Gonzalez for loaning me his extra set of clubs and taking me golfing. He is such an asset to the organization at the Marina El Cid. Thank you!
I want to thank the shuttle drivers also for getting my camera back to me when I left it in the shuttle that they provide.
I am going back down August 8th for a week of golf with my son in law and look forward to seeing everyone again.
Thank you for a wonderful time.
Glynn

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear roadmanretired,

On behalf of everyone at El Cid Marina, many thanks for your kind words, I am thrilled to read that you felt pampered by our staff at every moment of your vacation, I agree with you, they are an assept to our company, for that reason we value them. Definitely you made an excellent decision doing the All Inclusive Elite, and above all, that took advantage of all the benefits it offers, such as having unlimited green fees and eating at all the restaurants included, I can imagine the delicious food you ate on them.

Please, for your next visit on August, do not hesitate to contact me if you may have any special request, we will treat you with the same personalized service that characterizes us.

Until soon!!!

Lodi ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I just returned from El Cid Marina Mazatlan with our family, of nine. We had four rooms with ocean and pool views, the food was very good, could have a little large menu. The best part of the resort is the personnel, they are very helpful, polite and well trained, from the front desk, waiters, bellmen, activity personnel all very friendly and helpful. We did attend a timeshare presentation and it was almost painless. We will be back again.
Dennis R. & family
Lodi, Ca

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the ocean and large swimming pool best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Flylinlodica

On behalf of everyone at El Cid Marina. I would like to thank you for expressing your perception your experience in regards to your recent stay with us. We are very happy to read that all of you had a great vacation. I agree with you, one of the best parts of El Cid Resorts, is its staff, all of them are very hard workers and are 100% committed in making you have a pleasant vacation, of course, we are glad as well that you felt very comfortable in our spacious room and enjoyed of the delicious food prepared by our Chef.

We look forward to serve you again, be assured that you will have another wonderful vacation.

Hasta pronto!!!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our first visit to Mazatlan. Pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome received at El Cid Marina. The staff are excellent - Armando, Nadia, Victoria, and many others to name. The location is serene and relaxing. Lots of space to find a suitable lounging chair to your taste, in the sun or in the shade. The food as well as the service at the Marina restaurant is great. The room maintenance is great too. There was a malfunction with one of the AC units, immediately a serviceman came and looked after the problem. The unit was replaced the next day without any inconvenience to us. Very efficient staff all around.

We loved the day trip offered at the travel office to a nearby authentic Mexican village call El Quelite. Great place to visit and the amazing restaurant included in the trip price (US$45 per person). Will definitely be back to wonderful El CId Marina!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear levonyaz

Thank you so much for staying at marina el Cid; it is a pleasure to have you here. Also thanks for taking the time to write and share this great review. All our staff is always nice and willing to help you, you are the most important for us. While you stay with us we want to make you feel happy and comfortable, our only goal is to make you happy. We are very grateful to have people like Nadia Armando, Victoria and others working with us, they help us to provide you of the best service ever! as you mention, if a guest has an issue in the room, we take fast and appropriate actions in order to solve it.

It is great as well that you had the opportunity to visit some places around Mazatlan, they are unique and is wonderful to know that you liked those amazing jewels of Mazatlan

We hope to see you soon!!!

Warm regards,

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

9th trip to Mazatlan, and the 3rd stay at this wonderful resort. As always, impecibly clean and warm, safe enviornment. That's why we keep going back to Mazatlan year after year. We stayed here the last week of March, and then moved to the Mayan Palace for Holy Week (Yikes! - see my review called Yikes - Holy Week) and then moved to the El Cid Granada for 2 more nights. Of course the Mayan and the Granada don't compare to the Marina. Love the people, the atmosphere, the grounds, etc. Nothing but the best! I've never done all inclusive in Mazatlan and don't think I ever will - so very many good places to eat for very very reasonable prices. Drop me a line and I'll give you my recommendations for shopping and eating!

Room Tip: Can't imagine a bad room here!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!