“Rest and Relax” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Amityville, New York
“Rest and Relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We originally went to this hotel because we had received a fantastic e-mail offer to gain more information about the points reward program they offer. To our surprise, we found this all-inclusive hotel very tranquil and relaxing. Our rooms overlooked the marina. We found the food excellent and staff very accomodating. The hotel's beautiful beach is separated from the hotel by a canal. The staff transports you to the beach by a ferry which runs continuously. Also included was the option to use the facilities and dine at 5-6 other restaurants located at 2 other El Cid Mazatlan hotels, both located in the heart of downtown Mazatlan. You access these hotels by a 10 minute van ride (also part of the all-inclusive package). Many deep sea fishing trips were available by charter boats docked in the marina. In speaking with a number of guests, many of them stay at this hotel several times a year, and we could certainly understand their reasons. We liked this resort so much we have booked another trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear mimi05_12

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us, also for give us the opportunity to stay at Marina El Cid. Our staff is always willing to help you and assist you for every need you have. We try our best to make you feel comfortable and just like home so it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay and also that you had the opportunity to taste the different restaurants that El Cid has to offer.

We hope to receive you soon again!!!

Warm regards,

Isaias Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

It's taken my family and I awhile to come on here to write our review but we just had to!! Our time spent at the El Cid was on January 3,2012 for a week. The beach was great. Really nice running down every morning. The lobby staff were very nice. Our hotel room view was really nice!!

The entire staff of waiters & bartenders were amazing. Great people. Buffet food was good. We checked out some restaurants off the resort too -> Ponchos was really good (they have a really nice pottery store next door for you ladies too) and also Fat Fish! They have really really tasty ribs that they BBQ.. Anyways, back to the El Cid resort -> One person who stood out 100% more than any one, was THOMAS! Our family really loved him. We ALWAYS, ALWAYS made sure to sit in his section on the beach. His english wasn't as good as others but he really stood out because of his big smile and how we was always making sure we had everything we need. You can tell he has a big heart. A real genuine person working there for us travellers trying to relax and enjoy Mexico!!! We would come back because we know El Cid has such a great staff member like him.

One small negative thing about our stay would be the people walking by selling things were CONSTANT. Once you say "no" they go to the end of where the people are (which is pretty short), they come back, and keep coming back. They shouldn't be allowed to be so close in our space. There are posts up for a reason. I heard they can pay a free to the hotel to do this.. Shouldn't be allowed. It's very annoying! When the same person comes back every 5 minutes and theres about 20 people doing it.. Isn't very relaxing! Probably the one complaint I have about staying here.

Other than that, amazing staff, good food and drinks. If you're going here make sure to see Thomas because he is a gem. Thanks Thomas for making sure our time at the El Cid was taken care of and great! It was a relaxing time.

Krista & Raeann (Sisters from Canada)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Krista R

Many thanks for all your praises toward our property, delicious food and to our staff, yes our staff is so attentive and friendly, so I am glad to know that you felt pampered while on vacation at this your home that is our commitment. I will make sure to share your encouraging words to our beloved Tomas; it makes me to feel even more proud of the excellent service he delivers.

On another note, vendors on beach are controled and regulated by the municipal goverment who set them a payment of taxes, in our attempt to offer you an enjoyable vacation, our Security team is reinforcing they monitoring in that area in order to keep them away from you. We really thank you for your valuable comments.

Remember, every time that you wish to experience an amazing vacation with delicious food and great service delivered, here at El Cid Marina are with open arms waiting for you.

Hasta pronto amigas!!!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I just returned home from my frist experience at El Cid Marina, and it most certainly will not be my last. Everyone who worked there was very helpful and friendly. The food was very good, and the pools were always clean. My favorite part was the resort was not overly crouded. We visited the other El Cid resorts and the Marina was by bar the best one. It is also very close to many great restaurants and bars within walking distance. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who asked.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Sarah d

I am so happy of have you had at this your home and of course, to read that you had a great vacation, our guest must know that here at El Cid Marina for our staff and my self it is a pleasure to serve you and to take an excellent care of you. I am glad as well that you enjoyed eating the delicacies prepared by our Chef, he works very hard to offer our guests the best food in town. As you mention, our property is ubicated in a conveniente location which makes easier to our guests to explore the area within a walk distance, and believe me, there are places worth admiring.

Do not have hesitation that we will be waiting for your second visit to this wonderful paradise that is Mazatlan and El Cid Marina, by the way, many thanks for your high recommendation to others, it is deeply appreciated.

Until soon!!!

Surrey, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband, myself, and our 3 children (8, 3 1/2, 2 1/2) stayed at the El Cid Marina Hotel de Playa y Club de Yates from April 16th-April 25th/2012. We arrived to to a friendly, and accommodating atmosphere. The hotel lobby was of outstanding decor reflecting the Marina style, accompanied by beautiful, and colorful plants, and tropical flower arrangements. The accents of dark wood on the furniture made the ambiance deep, and richly adorned. It was a quick, and easy check-in. We were asked if we wanted to use the in-room safe, and we concurred that we did. We then were provided with a room safe lock, and key, a towel card, and details on the All inclusive. We were ported on an electric "golf cart" that seated about 10. However, it was just our family, and the driver. We arrived at the far end of the property to the 3 bedroom Presidential Suite (a Timeshare owned by my Father & Mother). The 5th Floor was amazing, the suite was painted white which opened up the whole of the layout. The children's bedrooms were amazing (the two little ones stayed in the two king bedroom with their own bathroom, and balcony. My oldest daughter had he own room with a king size bed, bathroom, and balcony that connected to ours. Our bedroom also had it's own bathroom (all bathrooms were beautiful, large, and had showers with top of the line water systems, and large frosted glass doors, toilets were modern, and all had their own room with a door that locks, hairdryers, toiletries( no conditioner), lots of towels (all sizes, changed daily). our bedroom had a king size bed with a balcony. All rooms, including the living-room have flat screen t.v.s, clean bedding (changed when you want if you place the card (try saving resources, we had them changed only twice) beds are also made daily. Our housekeepers were amazing, polite, and friendly. They do their jobs well, which reflected upon in how we tipped. The living room had 2 balcony's, and very nice seating. We had a view from all sides of everything like the pools, ocean, and Marina. I should also mention the wonderful staff that accommodated our special request of putting locks on all the opening windows on the floor level, on the connecting room (small children's) and raising the balcony locks high enough so the children could not reach them. This was a true blessing, and relief. The pools were all amazing, especially the one with the caves, this was so much fun for everyone. There is large hot-tub, and 2 water slides. Both little restaurants were good to eat at, and drink at. My two girls had their hair braided by a wonderful lady by the pool with the swim up bar located by the Marina. The Marina restaurant was very nice, great food, and we ate there almost our whole trip. I, myself did not get to enjoy much as I wanted to, as I was child sitting my 2 smallest ones, and did not not get to relax much at all, I would defiantly next time pay for a responsible adult to come and help out, or my parents. Lets say our Anniversary was not much fun, and did not visit the city of Mazatlan which was extremely unfortunate. We did enjoy fireworks twice by a spectacular wedding put on by the resort, across by the beach, it was the most amazing show my husband, and I have EVER seen, and all the beautiful people dressed coming up the red carpet made far better than Hollywood! All in all I would definitely return to El Cid Marina Hotel de Playa y Club de Yates in the near future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear Coastlover85

I do not have words to express my thanks for your nice review, it gives me a great satisfaction to know that we met your expectations and these 10 days at El Cid Marina was a great adventure. Your description in the rooms and the hotel is wonderful and helps us a lot to measure our guest´s satisfaction.

Please be assured that I will send this wonderful review to all the staff to let them know the results for a good teamwork, I am sure they will feel very proud as well.
Hopefully in your next visit to Mazatlan, El Cid Marina be the hotel of your choice, either to celebrate your anniversary or just for fun, I personally would like to give you a warm welcome to your home El Cid Resorts.

Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just got back from spending my 5th time there and already looking forward to returning again in the fall. What can I say, everything other reviews say are true and more. It's like going home each time. The place is well maintained and appointed for a most relaxing getaway. But the best thing has always been the staff. The nicest people you ever want to meet and take care of you. And they are for the most part the same ones that I met the first time 7 years or so ago. They have remember almost all my likes without asking from the way I like my bacon in the morning to the type of wine I drink. My friend I just took down for the second time almost cried when we left last time she loves it so much. I must make special note to all the pool bar staff, that you must get to know, Jose Luis, Angel, Edy, Ishamel, Christian, Raul and others I'm just drawing a blank about that you are the best and thank you yet again for a beautiful time. Also a shout out to Jorge, the VIP coordinator who is thenicest and most professional person I've met. Have to go for now hit the gym to lose the #'s I gained there. Enjoy....Dave

Room Tip: All are great, however depends on if you like to leave your window open or not. At the end the wave...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear planboy

Your kind words make me feel very excited as well as to the staff members you mention by name, there is nothing more pleasant to us to know that we have achieved our committment in making you feel like at home. We are deeply pleased with you for allowing us be part of your lifes, we consider you as part of our family, many thanks for allow us to take care of you and for your preference as well.

Vacations are to enjoy of everything and to feel free of worries, so do not care about weight, no one can avoid not eating the delicacies prepared by our Chef, so get ready for your next visit because we are going to pamper you even more.

We will be more than happy waiting your return!!!

Best regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I came to Mazatlan with my mom for the first time to celebrate my birthday a little early. We opted for all inclusive and researched many hotels but The El Cid Marina had great reviews and was a part of the other El Cid locations so we felt it was the best choice. We were right! I could not have been more pleased. Our room far exceeded my expectations- we had a wonderful view from the balconies and so much space- the air and fans helped keep us cool when we needed them. The staff was so incredibly helpful and friendly. We had so many choices for places to eat-El Patio and Alcazar were our favorites. The pools were all beautiful and everything was so well kept. I honestly can not wait to come back to Mazatlan and I will absolutely be staying at the El Cid. If you want to be closer to action consider one of the 3 other locations, although they are a short shuttle ride away- courtesy of the El Cid.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Morgan K

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. It is wonderful to know that your vacations were great. All our staff works hard to make of your vacation a pleasant stay. Our guest are the most important for us, our goal is to make you feel just like home so we are happy that came back home with great memories.

We hope to have you soon!!!

Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Mazatlan for 12 years and have stayed at the Marina for the last 9 of those. The grounds are immaculate--they hand trim all of the grass so you never hear a mower. We like to get a large balcony and I go out early and listen to the morning doves and watch the resort come to life. Absolute bliss!
We stayed in a renovated room this year and while I like the improvements, I kind of miss the old white and blue motif. We stayed 6 weeks so the larger refrigerator was welcomed and the new tile shower was nice. THe lighter weight chairs for the dining table were much better too.
We are always treated like royalty by the managers to the waiters and the housekeepers. This year the maid kept fresh flowers in our room most of the time. Also, the nightly Hershey's kisses and turndown service was a big hit with us!
We spend a lot of time by the pool and this year the service was excellent--food is always good and of course, I always enjoy playing BINGO! The beach (accessed by water taxi) is also a fun place to spend part of a day. The beach vendors are kept away from the guests unless invited in to the area. I usually buy some "treasure" from them, but appreciate the fact that they are not constantly bothering me.
The free shuttle to the other El Cid properties and the golf course is another plus.
We have made many friends staying at El Cid Marina and can't wait to get back there the next year and see them. I highly recommend this hotel and city as a destination for a unique Mexico experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Clydene J

I can not find words to express my gratitude for having your loyalty during these years. All of us here were happy to have you at this your home and to know that the improvements recently done in units have been to your liking as well.

I would like to remind you that in every visit with us wou will have a unique experience full of “touches” that will make you return and return. By the way, we deeply appreciate your high recommendation to others.

It was a pleasure to serve you!!!!!(as always).

Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!