“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
WA
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is our tenth year staying at the El Cid Marina. I look forward to another ten years vacationing here. The staff treat you like family. The rooms are beautiful with all the new upgrades. The pools are cleaned daily and crystal clear. The wait staff are so friendly. Most importantly, this is a family environment. I have felt very safe with my daughter from the time she was two. This is also an ideal place for the romantic couple. The view from the restaurant is perfect. Don’t forget your camera. You will want to take the perfect sunset picture. A big thank you to Armando, Fredy, Lety ,Araceli and all the wait staff. Plus a big thank you to everyone that keeps the area looking very clean!
Almost forgot...Don’t forget to visit the harbor master for fun activities. The excursion to Deer island is always a favorite. Lunch and beverages (adult beverages, too) provided. Plus, snorkeling, banana boat ride, kayaking....Bring lots of sunscreen.
Thank you so much EL CID! See you in October! My Dad is looking forward to visiting you again!

Tahnee

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Dear placid1wa

Thank you for selecting our hotel to stay during your recent visit to Mazatlan. Striving in making our best efforts in all aspects of the hotel give us as a result repetitive guests, like yours. We greatly appreciate your loyalty through this ten years, and It give us a great pleasure as well, to read that once more you have enjoyed of the facilities, excellent service provided by the staff and have appreciated our updated rooms; it is a proof that we are in a constant process of renovation and training in order to provide you highest standards of quality in both, service and facilities.

I am glad as well, to read that enjoyed of some of the activities that Aries Fleet (harbor master) offers, such as Dear island tour, hopefully next time you decide to go fishing and catch some mahi-mahi, tuna or sailfisch, to mention some of them. It is nice to hear that you enjoy of beautiful things that nature offers us, like beautiful sunsets of Mazatlan.

I will share your comments with all the staff. All of us will be waiting for you for your next visit in October. I will appreciate if you contact me directly to serve you personally.

Unti soon!!!

Isaias Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I traveled to Mazatlan for my best friend’s destination wedding. From the moment my boyfriend and I arrived it was nothing but an ideal vacation. El Cid Marina with the help of our favorite friend there, Octavio, truly exemplifies what a Mexican vacation should be. Everyone there is so eager to make it an experience to remember and trust me, they do their job well. If you want to stay at a stuffy resort like Pueblo Bonito, do so but realize that, in my opinion, Mexico has so much more to offer you than the 4diamond rating they so boastfully tell you about any chance they get (I experienced it firsthand from my visit for a massage there). Gracias Octavio, without you, our trip would not have been the same.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear XOL626

It is a great pleasure to read that your stay at El Cid Marina was so perfect. We are delighted that we met your expectations in both, facilities and service. You can not imagine the pleasure it give us to know that our staff, especially Octavio went beyond expectations to make you have such a great experience.

We look forward to serve you again to pamper as you deserve.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

From the moment I arrived the staff was friendly, courteous, and very respectful. Right from the people at the front desk to the entertainment staff by the pool everyone was great. I always felt like they really wanted me to be there and all week I was well looked after. If your looking for a relaxed yet fun place to stay the Eld Cid Marina has some of the best entertainment staff in Mexico, like Yulii H, Jamie and Maritza. I would highly recomment the El Cid Marina and I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My friends and family came down to Mazatlan to celebrate my daughter's quinceanera. Once again my family and friends stayed at the Marina El Cid in Mazatlan and were treated like movie stars. Mr. Gomez greeted us and made sure that everyone in the group was satisfied with their accomodations and having a good time. Fidel and his team at the pool were rock stars making sure that all had what they needed. We could not have had a better time. We will all definitely be back.

Anne & Amiga's from Minnesota

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear minnesotachicks

Firstly, many thanks to all of you for having your loyalty. Secondly, I am glad because you chose us to celebrate your daughter´s birthday and allowed me to pamper you as you deserve. I am happy to read that each one of the staff members made their best effort to satisfy all your needs. I will share your comments with El Cid´s family, be assured they will be grateful with you for kind words.

For your next visit to El Cid Marina, I will appreciate if you contact me directly for any assistance you may have.

Until soon!!!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Service is great and the staff is friendly and helpful. Our houskeeper Olivia was outstanding as well as the the Pool and bar attendents. We also used the Marina for our boat and Gladys in the harbor office is wonderful as well as the dock and marina staff.
Ray Morabito
Highlands Ranch, Colorado

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear Mr. Morabito.

Greetings from the Pearl of the Pacific!!!!!

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to express our gratitude for your kind words. It give us a tremendous pleasure to read that your experience with us was so pleasant and that you found our staff friendly and helpful, I will pass along your comments with them, be assured that will be grateful for your praises. I am glad as well, to read that you were pleased using some of the services that Aries Fleet offers.

We look forward to pamper you once more.

Best regards,

Isais Gomez
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

The service is excellent, the amenities are very good and the place is incredible.

Room Tip: if you don´t like the noice you´ve better choose an upper room, like third or fourth floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear laura_olivo

Firstly, thanks a lot for your loyalty. Secondly, we are so glad to read that every time you come to El Cid Marina enjoy of every aspect of the hotel.

On behalf of all the staff, will be waiting for you to provide another pleasant vacation.

Until soon,

Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed in a large room that had obviously just been vacated by a hard-partying group. It took a couple of days to get it really clean, but Olivia did a great job, always with a smile and helpful attitude.

We usually stay at the El Cid Moro Beach, and by comparison, this property is just a tick off. The rooms are clean, bright and relatively new. The restaurant food was more expensive and not as good as the Moro. Also, despite daily "newsletter" assurances that the Iguana Cafe opens at 10, it does not open until 12 which severly limits morning food choices. In fact, the two days we were there, the cooks and waiters were all at the cafe well before 12, but stood around talking and eating, ignoring us. After it opened, the service was still unimpressive.

Another inconvenience, at least at the Iguana pool, they don't allow food or drink at poolside. Guests have to be seated at tables near the bar to get drinks -- even though they are served in plastic containers.

The hotel is relatively isolated, although the tourist district is expanding to the north, giving guests more dining options which are still a short cab ride away.

Overall, the level of service at the pools combined with the availability and quality of food drags this property down.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid Marina Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear Venturatraveler13

On behalf of all the staff at El Cid Marina we thank you for taking the time to share this review. We appreciate both, positive and constructive comments as they give us the tools to improve our service and product. I am so glad to read that the room met your expectations, although I sincerely regret we did not meet your expectations with the Food & Beverage service, mostly of our guests find this service to their liking, I apologize for any inconvenience we caused you. Thank you for let us know what are our areas of opportunity, be assured that our Food & Beverage Manager will analyze your comments in order to reinforce where needs.

We will be honored in serve you a near future and change your first impression of El Cid Marina.

Best regards,

Isaias Gomez

Been to El Cid Marina Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!