“Home Comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan

Save Saved
You added Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan to your Saves list
Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Camaron Sabalo 2121 | Sinola, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #8 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
Sacramento, California
“Home Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was our third one week stay in the last four years and upgraded to the one bedroom suite (very nice). The suite allowed one person to get up early or stay up late without bothering the other. Housekeeping was awesome! Every day there were activities to choose from, whether an adult or youngster boredom was a word not spoken. The beach stretched a couple of miles for a pleasant morning walk or jog. We opted not to buy the all inclusive meal plan because there are restaurants everywhere!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main pool are a little more noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Elmora Hills, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great hotel. Been there three times and absolutely enjoy it. It has a very Mexican feel. Rooms are quite nice. The junior suite is very nice for a family. I enjoy having a kitchenette. The pools are great as is the beach. The staff is amazing. Walk outside and you have restaurants to eat. Hop in a cab and go to town where you can shop or dine. The hotel is always clean and never crowded (exception is holy week when it's to capacity). If you can go over to Emerald Bay, the sister hotel, it's a great place to spend the day. The SPA at Emerald Bay is also amazing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Chatty Connie,

We would like to thank for being such a loyal guest to Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, we are very happy to hear that you had a really nice time during your stay with us, we appreciate your positive attitude and we're already waiting to welcome you anytime soon.

Sandown, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel was ok, it's sister hotel Emerald Bay was nicer. I could not walk around the hotel room without my flip flops on due to the floor was so dusty. Also the week we went was Mexico's Holy week, so there were kids everywhere, we would never go again that week!! The grounds themselves were beautiful, with two pools and a swim up bar, but again with all the kids, they should have one pool for kids and one pool for adults only, that is why we went to Emerald Bay to relax, they have a Adults Only Pool!! The two restaurants on site were very good, I would recommend Cilantro's and Las Palomas was equally good for buffet. If your looking for night-life activity, there is none at this hotel. To get a lounge chair near the pool was almost impossible, people like to reserve chairs by putting towels out first thing in the morning, even though the hotel clearly states "no reserving of chairs". We even moved towels once and no one ever showed back up to get their towels - very rude! Oh and the beds, very uncomfortable, and only doubles, no queens or kings!! So overall, would not stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my first time at any Pueblo Bonito property. It was very Mexico in decor, which I liked. This is a large property that really spreads out, so it was a long walk to our room. The room was lovely with a nice view of the pool and ocean. This is a bit older hotel, but I liked the Mexican tiles used throughout the resort and on the stairs. The restaurant for breakfast was excellent with very attentive staff and a wide range of good foods. This property is very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront room (parallel with the beach), but be prepared for a long walk as these are t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear KAQuinn,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review us.
Hope to welcome you to Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan anytime soon.

Best Regards,

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This family friendly resort has beautiful beaches, lovely pools and very attentive and professional staff. The lifeguards were really working to keep everyone safe and the housekeeping and restaurant staff were amazing. Our rooms were immaculate and comfortable and the style is very nice and quaint. We loved the balconies, the ocean/ pool view and theaviaries . Would we come back? Absolutely ! This is a great place to relax or run,swim, and enjoy the ocean. Thank you for a very nice stay!the walk to the restaurants is very nice ,easy with aviaries and fish stream to keep you interested . It is not a hike ,just an easy stroll along the streams or the beach

Room Tip: Pool view means no street noise, lovely palapas on the beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Laura LaRue,

We feel very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time during your stay at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, we appreciate your kind remarks and the time you took to review us. We'll be more than pleased to welcome you anytime soon!

seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our first time at Pueblo Bonito, and we enjoyed it. It took 4 tries to get a good room, but we really liked the one we ended up with - big patio, decent view, by the "quiet" pool. It was quite a hike from the entrance, but we liked the walking. Closer to the beach! And better wifi reception. We did enjoy the beach a lot. We never used our air conditioning as it was cool enough the week we were there. All the staff was very helpful and pleasant. Ate at Cilantros the 1st night - what a fabulous setting! And that's what you're paying so much for. It's also a good place for an after-dinner drink (and the only one). Food was OK, except for the squash and shrimp soup, which was amazing! Most days we had lunch by the pool, which was good, if expensive. Went into town for dinners. It was a little farther from good restaurants than I had hoped. I wish we had gone out to Emerald Bay to the beach earlier in the week - it is so beautiful! Next time we will go there more for that gorgeous beach!

Room Tip: Unless you want to be near the "noisy" pool, get a room with 4 numbers, like 3019, which a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

After reading most of the reviews I can see that Mexico is not for everyone. This place is beautiful and the staff will do anything to make you feel welcome. I was there for 10 days and I can't think of anything I would want different. Yes, the rooms are a little dated, but extremely clean. I did the all-inclusive and I could have anything I wanted, at any time. I would ask for tacos in the early 07:00am morning or at 8:00pm and NO PROBLEM. The bartenders and wait staff were great, as was the front desk staff. I arrive and my "Suite" was on the second floor, I asked to be on the first floor because of medical reasons and within 2 minutes I was changed. Actually the first floor is the best for patios and views. The only complaint I would have would be if I wasn't on the all-inclusive plan, is that the food and beverage prices are VERY high, but as you'll read in other reviews, there are many places within 2 blocks or just across the street. I would not recommend it for the "PARTY CROWD", stay in Cabo PLEASE. Most of the people were in their 50-80s, which was GREAT. If you go in the next few weeks and go into Cilantro's (Their main restaurant) please say hello to "TRAINEE", she is in the Hospitality program for school and doing a great job. Her name is Andrea; please tell here Rick said hello. Just tell them as you check in; " NO TIME SHARES", the word must get out because I was only asked 1 time on the street if I wanted to attend a free breakfast, I said hell no, and never bothered again. The weather was a little cool, but beautiful.

Room Tip: Like I mentioned earlier, I preferred the first floor because I have problems breathing and walking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Trainman,

We really appreciate your nice comments about our resort, it is great to hear you had such an enjoyable time during your stay with us. Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon!

David Tussi, General Manager

Been to Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan? Share your experiences!