“Why did I wait so long?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Playa Mazatlan

You added Hotel Playa Mazatlan to your Saves list
Hotel Playa Mazatlan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Playa Gaviotas 202 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Tucson, Arizona
“Why did I wait so long?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had never wanted to go to Mazatlan for some unknown reason. I had been to all the Mexican beach resorts and was going to go with a friend to Acapulco from Mexico City. At the last minute there was a tropical storm headed directly to Acapulco so at the last minute (day before) we changed to Mazatlan. Wow, am I glad. We stayed at the wonderful Hotel Playa Mazatlan which was built in 1955. It has been remodeled and it was wonderful. I can only imagine what a sensation this way in 1955. I'll never forget the view when I walked into the room. The ocean is a few feet from the hotel, the view of the beach and the ocean was spectacular. In the neighborhood lots of restaurants, clubs, sops, everything within a few blocks. I was amazed at the Panama restaurant (it is a chain in Sinaloa) and once we discovered it we went as often as possible....don't miss it. The restaurant is huge and menu is as well. Downtown is wonderful. Go to the Plazuela Machado with all four directions facing the gazebo filled with wonderful indoor-outdoor restaurants. I could go on and on. Try it,you won't be disappointed and Mazatlan is a real treasure, the BEST beach resort in Mexico and not as touristy as Cancun and Acapulco. The rocking chairs in the lobby are fabulous, a really neat added attraction!

Room Tip: We were in 3006, two large beds (king?), any room with the 005 or006 would be a great choice. The v...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear valued guest,
W feel honored by your comments, and excited to have had the opportunity to host your first visit to the port of Mazatlan. We agree with you I can go on and on, about the things that I love to do here. I am pleased to hear that you not only enjoyed our facilities but also went out and about having the opportunity to discover what makes us so different from some of the other "newer" cities that Mexico has to offer. I would love to help in planning both your trip and activities next time you visit, as i am sure there where a few you did not experience. Plese feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service.
BEst wishes and safe travels,
LT VIENT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Laredo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Un hotel muy divertido! Great service and a nice location! The overall staff very attentive especially the activities staff. The beach view is excellent. The sports bar was my favorite with almost 15 tv screens. We will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2014
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We feel honored by your comments and promise to return to visit us again soon, and we feel excite to hear teh we caused a positive impression during your vacation. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of service in planning your next trip.
Oroville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed at the Playa many times. It is right on the best beach in Mazatlan. The restaurant is right on the beach for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Good music. You can have your room with garden views or beach views. The rocking chairs in the lobby are the best way to meet people and rela.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Ww appreciate you taking the time to post such wonderful comments about our facilities and ammenities, we feel honored to read about your experience, and look forward to being of service once again. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can be of personal service.
San Rafael
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I have been going to the Hotel Playa for over 50-years. We've watched the hotel grow and improve through the years. We've never been disappointed.

The hotel is owed by descendants of the same family who built the hotel in 1955. Their pride-of-ownership is reflected in their constant efforts to improve the hotel's facilities.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. All hotel facilities are well maintained.

The hotel staff has always been eager to serve and to assist. In the rare case when a problem arose, the staff promptly rectified the problem.

The hotel has security personnel on site. We've never had anything stolen nor have we ever felt uncomfortable/threatened at or near the hotel.

Restaurant food is good, although not "gourmet". More importantly, the kitchen has high cleanliness standards....We've never had an intestinal issue due to the food and water.

The hotel is located at the beginning of the "Golden Zone". Should you desire to visit "Viejo Mazatlan", or restaurants in the hotel zone, you are no more than a 60-peso cab ride away.

We're looking forward to our return in 2015.

• Stayed May 2014
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear valued guest,
I am thrilled to hear that we have had the honor to be of service through 4 generations of my family members now; and I feel honored that we would be noticed as maintaining the standards of the three generations before me. It is always an honor to receive compliments from guests that have made coming to the playa a yearly tradition and i hope that we may continue to instill that tradition in other generations of your family as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service in planning and setting up your next stay, we would love to make sure that we continue to create everlasting experiences and unforgettable memories every time that you come down.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My 2 daughters and I just got done staying there for 5 days with a friend and her 2 boys. It was my first time visiting Mexico. The ocean view rooms are amazing. The staff was excellent. They greet you when you arrive and help you to your room. They had great security. The resort has an awesome activities staff. Raul Hernandex Alvarado, the activities manager was great with our kids. The kids got to zip-line, play beach volleyball, BINGO, and play in pool with the activities staff. The activities staff did a great job MC at the night shows their at the hotel. The kids also, got to do ceramic painting, play/swim in multiple swimming pools and the beach. This hotel is very family and kid friendly.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and there activities staff.

Thanks for the great vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear valued guest,
We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your stay and we feel honored to have had the opportunity to host your first visit to Mexico. it is always a pleasure to hear that we are able to impact your opinion about our beautiful city in a positive manner. i will pass on your comment to the activities staff, so that they may know that their efforts are being well received. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in planning your next visit.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my 3rd time this year returning to hotel playa mazatlan. I returned with my good friend and her 2 children. It was their 1st time ever in mexico. I stayed for the 1st time in the celitio lento penthouse. It was perfect for me and my two boys. The management sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers to the room.

My boys are 7 and almost 9. One of the reasons I return to hotel playa is the wonderful activities staff. Raul hernandez brings so much to the hotel. The first thing my boys want to do when they arrive at the hotel is see raul and the activities staff. That makes my vacation so enjoyable. Raul is a talented MC who is fluent in English and we were able to enjoy two new shows in the evening.

My husbands family and I return every year for Christmas and plan on returning again this year!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear valued guest,
We are thrilled to hear that you returned to the hotel and brought us new guests. The success that a personal recommendation of visiting brings to us, is un meassurable, thank you for your trust. I am proud to hear taht Raul is continuing to impact the experiences that our guest experience, it is alwyas a pleassure to hear that our staff is remembered by name. I hope that we may continue to be of service and become a tradition for many more christmases to come. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We first went to Mazatlan about 40 years ago and have stayed in several hotels there. Upon retiring 20 years ago we started taking more trips to Mazatlan and settled in at the hotel Playa. It is by far our favorite hotel in Mazatlan and in the countless nights we have stayed there we have never been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I particularly enjoy the very well equiped gym, the multiple pools and of course the wide expanse of beach. Food in the beachside restaurant is very good and at night we always enjoy live music for dancing.
Michael Allen

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. It's worth the extra $$.
Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear valued guest, (Michael Allen)
We are so pleased to hear that we are able to continue to meet and exceed your standards, it is always a pleasure to see and meet with you, we will look forward to receiving you again this year. I know Alejandro will be excited to hear that his hard work is getting recognized in the gym. It is an honor to know that after 20 years our service still brigns you back in search of brand new unforgettable memories. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you personally.