“I don't think so!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Playa Mazatlan

You added Hotel Playa Mazatlan to your Saves list
Hotel Playa Mazatlan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Playa Gaviotas 202 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Seattle, Washington
“I don't think so!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

While making a reservation with Playa Mazatlan by phone I was told that I am required to send:
1. A photocopy of both sides of my credit card
2. A photocopy of both sides of my identification card
3. A letter authorizing the hotel to charge my credit card

What's up with that? It's risky enough giving my cc info over the phone. Now I'm supposed to send them everything someone would need to steal my identity? Not gonna happen.

Hey Playa Mazatlan - my $3000 went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear valued “potential” guest,
I am sorry to hear that your perception of these processes was the we would be looking to “steal your identity”. Our hopes are far from that. The reasoning behind requesting this information is clearly stated online through various forms. You will find that this is common practice with any hotel in Mexico due to the Federal requirements for making reservations over the phone “site unseen”. It is actually done in the hopes of protecting your identity and making sure that there is not a third party looking to obtain it. Since you are working “over the phone” there is not a company that can insure the charge as you would find online (IE: PayPal) or through a third party search engine (IE: TripAdvisor “Book Now”). I am sure that any of the highly trained personnel would have been happy to explain this process to you over the phone or via email if you so prefer to obtain it in writing. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy the property over your short trip as many of our guests have. I would be happy to personally be of assistance to you if you decide to visit us in future. At this point I would be happy to make arrangements for payment by any means you find most comfortable and reliable. Again we hope that we have the opportunity to be of service to you in future, and we are happy to hear that you where still able to visit Mazatlan and enjoy the many adventures, activities and amenities that our city has to offer.
ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a great stay. The only thing that would improve was if we could get ice in room. The staff was super. Beaches very clean. We were at a friend's wedding and everything was beautiful. We would really love to return again.

• Stayed June 2013
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear valued guest (edextr)
We appreciate you taking the time to write a posting about your experience here at the hotel as well as you taking the time to travel to come and visit us. I will review the questions about the ice in the hopes of obtaining continued improvements. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can personally be of service to you.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a frequent guest of the Hotel Playa Mazatlan I arrived with already high expectations, these were quickly exceeded and as I had one of the best weeks of my life! As a travel proffesional I have stayed at other resorts in Mazatlan but always return to the Hotel Playa Mazatlan and I have decided to make this wonderful resort the specialty property for my website! I found out by the wonderful staff that this was my 20th stay at the property and I will be returning several more times including for Carnaval 2014! I would like to thank Lance the GM and Abril his assistant for going far out thier way to accommidate my wishes including a full tour of the property (it is an amazing place!) with several pools,spas, a first class weight room, day care, a zip line and a cave with water falls and a pyramid on the south side of the property! I would also like to thank Kirria for always handling my reservations flawlessly.

The staff including Humberto, Ana, Carlos and Vicente all remembered me by name which is always complimental and my room (ocean view 110 this time) was fantastic! The food at Casa Roberto and Georgini's was outragously good and of course the dining and entertainment at La Terraza are the best in Mazatlan! My room and the grounds were always spotless and The Hotel Playa Mazatlan by far has the best beach of any resort in town. The resort is also in the middle of the hottest area in the Golden Zone with several restuarants, sports bars and night clubs with in walking distance. I can't wait for my next trip to the Hotel Playa and I can truly say I feel like this is my second home! Come to the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, you'll never want to leave!

Room Tip: I recommend the Ocean View rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest (Parexcursion)

I am writing in response to your most valuable post “Simply the best Hotel Anywhere “I am thrilled to hear that after 20 years of travel, you are still enthralled by our facilities, amenities, staff and location. It is always a pleasure to hear that we are able to make an impact n our guests. I will be looking forward to next time we meet and hopefully we can make time to catch up and hear about your success with establishing your site. It is not every day that i get to meet a client that has had an opportunity to interact with my grandfather and father as both a client and a business partner. I will personally let Abril, Kiria, Humberto, Ana, Carlos and Vicente know that they received a commendation on your behalf. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can help you on your next reservation.
Best wishes and Safe travels,
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent nearly a week at Playa Mazatlan. The room was great, overlooking the beach with a deck. The view and surf were totally beautiful and relaxing. There were four pools (and a hot tub) which were well used. On the beach were palm leaf covered areas to get out of the sun. The ocean was very comfortable and fun. We did not do the all inclusive but did get breakfast. It was a nice buffet of traditional Mexican and American foods. Since we went down before 8AM, we had a seat on the beach. The dining room was open on three sides, which was delightful. In the evenings, there were other places to eat and a couple of places for entertainment. The staff were well trained and attentive. They mopped and swept constantly but not obtrusively.
We walked around the neighborhoods, hopped a bus to the city center and market, walked the Malecon (large sidewalk along the water), ate and drank in local places and had a great time.
I highly recommend this place.
It was an excellent place for the reasonable price that we paid. Apparently many others got a good deal too since it was busy, but that made it festive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear valued guest (Ka H)

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment about our resort, destination and amenities, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After reading hundreds of reviews, I felt Hotel Playa would be the best resort for my 6 yr. old grandson & myself. I made the PERFECT choice!! We visted in May and have already reserved for November; just can't stay away! I can't say enough good about this hotel; the staff were friendly (thank you Rodolfo & Concierge Elizabeth for all your assistance). The ocean-view room was spotless, and I can still hear the peaceful sounds of the waves (fabulous sunsets!). Firm beds, which I prefer. The all-inclusive? Delicious breakfast (we were usually too full for lunch), Italian restaurant's food is to die for, Casa Roberto was also excellent! I don't understand complaints about the AI - perfect for families spending most of their time at the resort! The beach was clean & much nicer than a resort down the way (just a couple jelly fish to contend with), plenty of chairs and Palapas. I was leary of leaving my grandson at Kid's Club alone; no worries, the staff watch over the children like they are their own. It's very safe & secure, as is the entire resort. My grandson loved it, even tho he couldn't speak Spanish with the other children. Zipline, caves to explore; there was so much to do & not enough time in the day! We enjoyed the shows; Carribean & Mexican, and a delicious BBQ. My only regret: we had to leave too soon.....I cried (at 62) because I didn't want to leave! 7 nights instead of 6 next time. Requested room 3006 again; it was perfect for us. Oh BTW, let your kids know the cartoons are in Spanish :-) He got used to it real quick tho, and didn't complain :-). Can't wait to get back to Hotel Playa, and will never stay anywhere else again!! Now I understand why people keep coming back year after year to the very same hotel. It doesn't get any better than this, in my opinion! Thank you, everyone at Hotel Playa, for an unforgetable Mexican experience!

Room Tip: An ocean view in the tower would be my choice again!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest (imissMaz)

Let me begin by saying that I love your screen name, and second that by thanking you for taking the time to post such a wonderful comment. I am excited to hear that we have one the opportunity to have you visit us again and continue to create unforgettable experiences for you and your family, my only regret is that I do not believe I had the chance to meet you personally, please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. We will continue to strive for excellence and new additions that will make your stay at the end of the year be full of brand new experiences.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

attended family wedding and made a holiday of the opportunity . wedding arranged superbly with the help of the owners personal attention. friendly staff, resonable facilities, right on a great beach. bars serve good quality drinks on all inclusive, food was standard but very very good in two themed restaurants, mexican and italian, we ate there as often as we wished. local to all shops and attractions. several kids pools but main pool could be bigger. what was very impressive was an amazing attitude to cleanliness throughout the hotel. party of eighty(80) and not one case of delhi belly .

Room Tip: sea views have the edge. some dont have fridges so ask
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear valued guest (crustycruse)

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment about our facilities and service, I am in awe that you would have traveled so far, but it was to be expected for Katie and Sean. It was great fun getting to meet you and the rest of the family and friends; we hope you will take the time to come visit us again. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Best wishes and safe travels,
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We just stayed there recently for a friend's wedding and enjoyed everything about it! The rooms were nice, staff was friendly.....and thoroughly enjoyed our massages as well! Would like to thank the staff for all they did for our friends...to make it a gorgeous wedding! Hope to make it back down there one day!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear valued guest (KLambert13)

Thank you for your kind words about our property, staff and the experience we were able to create. We hope you will come down and visit again soon, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Best wishes and safe travels,