“Great place for rest and relaxation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Playa Mazatlan

You added Hotel Playa Mazatlan to your Saves list
Hotel Playa Mazatlan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Playa Gaviotas 202 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great place for rest and relaxation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. Everyone was very helpful and cheerful and I would like to especially mention Celia in the front desk and Pedro and Julio, waiters at La Terraza. We had an oceanfront unit and could hear the ocean waves even with the sliding door closed...which we loved. Food at Casa Roberto and La Terraza was also good. We didn't have the buffet they offer daily but our friends enjoyed it. The female singer at La Terraza has a pleasant voice and I enjoyed her songs, esp. the old love songs which were my Grandma's favorites. We came to celebrate Valentine's Day and our wedding anniversary. We arrived on the last day of the Carnaval and the Malecon is walking distance from the hotel. Marcela gave a great hot stone massage. Great location. Perfect place for rest and relaxation.

Room Tip: Ocean front. Probably would have preferred top floor so you won't hear the chairs being dragged...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear valued guest (nikoslola)

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a positive comment about your experience here at the Playa Mazatlan Beach Hotel. I will personally congratulate Celia, Pedro and Julio for impacting your stay with their service. We will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you again in the near future.

ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been going to the Playa for over 10 years. It is like returning home. The staff are all so welcoming. The hotel itself is well kept and clean. They have made changes that include new restaurants. The new Italian restaurant provides superb ambiance with view of the ocean. The service is first class and thanks to the chef, Fernando the food is out of this world. Definitely a need to visit. The concierge, Elizabeth is front and center, ready to assist whenever and wherever possible. She has an warm infectious smile which makes you feel right at home. We enjoy sitting under the palapa on the sand and watching the waves, parasailing and kibitzing with the beach vendors. This year we took friends with us. They had a wonderful time and agreed that everything we told them about the Playa was true! We are already looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but the views are different. Ocean view has you looking out at the ocean and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest (donna r)

Thank you so much for your kind words, referral and continued loyalty to our resort and destination. As always it is a pleasure to have you and we will look forward to serving you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service in setting up your next trip. I will let Fernando know that you were impacted by his service and remember dinner at Georginis.

Yuma, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room was good, food was good but then when I took a lunch from the hotel to go fishing they charged me 105 pesos. I was all-inclusive and feel that a bag lunch should have been provided for a day away. Other hotels I was assured my friends did this. You had a great thing going and then let it get away with this. I was disappointed to say the least.

Room Tip: We had a semi-ocean view. NICE
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest (Don C)

I am writing with concern over your experience with the box lunch, it has been a heated topic of debate within the hotel. We have decided to adopt a few changes to our policies so that our guests feel that we are taking care of issues such as these. Currently our policies state that all box lunches hold a separate price as they are not listed as an all inclusive meal, moving forward we will continue to adopt changes in policy so that there are no miss-understanding or upset clients. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in setting up your next trip.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the third time we have spent Christmas at the Hotel Playa. As always, everything was great. The staff always remembers us. My kids love Christmas (or any other time) here. The beach cannot be beat. There are many activities for the kids and adults to enjoy. A great vacation!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear valued guest (Dsandman)

Thank you so much once again, for your continued support and appreciation. You guys will always be received as family her and we look forward to having the opportunity to celebrate many more memories with you and yours.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We recently returned from Mazatlan. While there we stayed at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. We have stayed there before and plan on returning every year. The employees go above and beyond what is expected of them. The hotel location is perfect. Centrally located and within walking distance or a short Pulmonia (taxi) ride to ample restaurants and shopping. If you go to Mazatlan check out the following: Huana Coa Zipline/Tequila Factory Tour, Stone Island Tour, Old Mazatlan for shopping or you can buy your own shrimp and lobster then take it across the street to a place to have it cooked and served the way you like (I reccommend El Ancla De Oro), Friday nights at Gringo Lingo's for dinner and karaoke, Diego's for dinner and live music. There are so many more that I could add. You make your own adventure.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room for great sunsets.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest (AlanC)

It sounds like you are a returned traveler to our port, and I am happy to hear that we have had the opportunity to be listed as one of your recommendations, I can only say that I agree with pretty much all of them, I would also recommend the trip to EL Quelite for the day, there you will have the opportunity to have great food and watch a traditional Ulama game. We hope to be of service to you again soon, please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service personally.

Moses Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband & I have been coming to the Playa for more than 34 yrs, & our children & grandkids now also vacation in Mazatlan, this yr was a testing one for us, we arrived at the playa on the 10th of Jan. and on the 16th of Jan. my husband suffered a stroke, words can not express the
kindness and help we received from the playa, from the time he suffered the stroke the hotel had a doc and ambulance at the hotel in less than 15 minutes, the security guards were in the room in less than 5 minutes taking charge, we were treated at Sharp hospital with a stay of 8 days, during that time the owners of the hotel were right by ourside helping with everything we could ask for, after leaving the hospital they moved us to a larger room, brought in a lift chair and a electric scooter, they arranged for transportation to the hospital for thrapy everyday, we were taken care of better than we would have been back home, the hotel is a great place, the rooms have been updated and the beaches our great, the staff is wonderful and helpful, words can not
express are gratitude and love we have for the entire staff and owners of the Playa, we are now
making plans on heading back down in Nov. and then in Feb. If you want a great vacation and a
place you know you will get help if needed then the Playa is the place to go to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear valued friends (Vernon S)

As you know, you guys have been a huge part of the Playa for my whole lifetime. We truly appreciate your support, friendship and continued loyalty. You bring to surface what we did for you, but I would point out everything you have done for us. This trip was a lot of fun despite the issues that Vern went through. I truly appreciate your spirit and his strength. We look forward to seeing you guys again, and hopefully hosting another Ag Trip together. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with anything you guys needs.
Thanks again for trusting in us and referring us to your friends and family.

Norwood, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Charlie and I have been coming to the Playa for 17 years, sometimes with our family sometimes with friends but mostly just the two of us. We have gone to other destinations, but always come back here. We would like to thank your staff for making this a wonderful place to stay. It didn't matter who we talked to everyone was always friendly and willing to help us out. We liked all the new additions you added this year. the food was great, entertainment awesome, and the cleanliness of the hotel. Lance we would like to thank you for helping to organize the day trip to the ag show..and everything you have done to make this a great place to stay.We look forward to seeing you next year.
Charlie and Cathy

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Playa Mazatlan? Share your experiences!