“great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Playa Mazatlan

You added Hotel Playa Mazatlan to your Saves list
Hotel Playa Mazatlan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Playa Gaviotas 202 | Zona Dorada, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Reserve directly & save!
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Edmonton, Canada
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been to mazatlan three times . We have had the greatest time at the Playa Mazatlan every time we have stayed there . The food is great the service is like no other.This is the first time going all inclusive. And will be doing it again at the Playa Mazatlan next year! We had a room on the fourth floor over looking the main pool . It had a awsome view and was very quiet. The room was very clean and the maid service was great. We felt very safe with the security at the playa mazatlan security was everywhere on the beach, And all around the hotel 24 hours.All the staff is very very friendly. We would recomend anyone to stay at the playa mazatlan for a great Mazatlan experience. The food was awsome at all the restaurants and the Italian restauraunt on the top deck was at least a five star dinning experience. The beach vendors are very friendly and we found the golden zone great for shopping. My wife and myself had no problem walking the streets in all areas of the golden zone feeling safe.Bring your friends and family to Mazatlan for a great time and mexican holiday! We are bringing our family next year along with our five year old grandson as there will be lots for them to see and do.

Room Tip: Garden and pool view rooms are great. and we have heard that the beach views are also very nice from...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear valued guest (john r)

I am writing you in response to your positive comments about our staff, facilities, locations, amenities and service. It makes us proud to hear that our efforts are being well received and that we have gained yet another returning client. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, or if I could be of service in setting up your travel plans. We will look forward to serving you and yours soon.

ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

well wIe are just getting ready to leave after another awesome time at the Playa Mazatlan Hotel.
It was an extended stay for some of us and shorter stays for others that switched off and came home as others took a trip down.
My kids came down for xmas this year with there dad and my girlfriend and her kids and they alll had a great time.
I came down for 3 weeks in mid January and am heading home today....
The staff was great as always and are more than willing to try to do what ever you need ..
The room we request and get every year was perfect as usual
Just want to thank all the staff and hotel personell that make our trip great every year and we will be seeing you next year

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest (Heather S)

I am writing to personally thank you for your continued loyalty and support, I am glad to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations again this year. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns or if I may be of service in setting up your next trip.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,
Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I have been attending the Hotel Playa Mazatlan every Thanksgiving for years. We usually stay a week. The hotel's beachfront is the best in Mazatlan with great cabanas for shade and a nice wide beach (at some other hotels the tide eventually covers the entire beach). The food is delicious. Recently, they have opened some more restaurants and have gone to an all-inclusive plan, which is very affordable and convenient. The staff is always nice and helpful. We usually have no complaints and always enjoy our stay. We never want to leave!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear valued guest (Lauren K)

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a comment about your experiences here at the Hotel, it is always a pleasure to hear that our efforts are well received and causing an impact on the quality of your stay. We will look forward to serving you and yours during thanksgiving this year once again, and hopefully this time, we will get to celebrate with one more generation.

We wish you the best,
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Firstly I would like to note I am not a picky person nor is my husband! We are part way through our 2 week stay at the Playa in Mazatlan which has some great staff and some lovely singers that get you through dinner! When we first arrived we were put in a room on the 4th floor with no balcony and a view of air conditioners or something.....basically you could see a sliver of pool! So we immediately went down to be moved as there was no way we were staying for 2 weeks in a room that NO ONE would accept as fine! We are happy with our room now as it has a pool and garden view and a balcony so we can enjoy our morning coffee!
We have been to 4 other all inclusive resorts and this is not measuring up by any means so far! The resort is clean but other things are lacking hugely! The resort does not cater to picky eaters like the 2 kids that I have.....so far they are living on fries, a bit of fruit and buns! Oh and ice cream!
The food is ok but I really have a problem with seeing lots of tiny ants hanging out with the food!
The main restaurant La Terraza is buffet and ala carte but apparently not if you are all inclusive?! So we will have to try the other restaurant because you can order from a menu.....there are 3 restaurants but only 2 are in service at the moment!
The beds at this hotel are very firm! Not in a comfortable way! My husband and I have not slept properly since we arrived! Luckily kids can sleep on anything! I haven't yet asked if there is a foam or something we can add to the mattress.....so that will be tomorrow! The vendors are fine, the beach is gorgeous and we are hoping that things will improve.....but so far we are regretting the choice to stay 2 weeks! I will post again once our holiday is over!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear guest (dyzzi71)

I am writing in response to your recent posting about your stay here at the Playa Mazatlan Beach Hotel. I am a bit concerned as to some of your comments, being a member of the family of owners and management team, it is of upmost importance that I am able to cater to my guests needs. The first thing I would like to comment on is the room situation, although I am glad to hear that we moved you upon your request, I would like to further learn about “the balcony” situation as all of our rooms offer one, I am curious as to what room you where put in, so that I may verify personally. In regards to problems with the food, although we do not boast that we are able to cater to “all picky eaters” we do offer a wide variety within our restaurants and have in fact maintained all of the restaurants open according to schedule these last two weeks, perhaps we could offer you a tour or written scheduling of the eateries so that you may try them and see what is the best choice for your kids. I happen to have three young daughters that are picky eaters as well, and I have found that their favorite is all the food served from Los Tejabanes near the pool. Please feel free to contact me direct while you are here, so that I may work with you in person, in the hopes of better guiding you through your choices.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my family stayed for 6 nights jan 11-17th. The staff at the playa is outstanding.. We had a number of issues with the rooms we booked and they did everything possible to make us happy and comfortable. We upgraded to a family room and my daughter ended up with horrible bites all over her legs two nights in a row. We all had a few bites.. They switched us to two pool view rooms and that was fine. My parents first room was damp and moldy in the bathroom. They switched to a dryer brighter room and were happy with that. The food is ok.. You just have to ask for toast and bacon on the morning for all inclusive. The Wait staff is awesome. Buffet lunch is fine and dinners were ok.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear value guest (Teenager44)

I would like to thank you for taking the time to make a positive comment about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had a few issues during your stay, but happy to hear that we were able to accommodate to your needs. I hope we will have the opportunity to enjoy you and your families visit in the near future, as we will look forward to being of service.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was a fantastic stay at the Playa Mazatlan from 1/20-24th. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff provided excellent customer service and very friendly. The food was delicious. The layout and design of the hotel was the perfect size to do many things without getting lost when you compare it to more popular name larger hotels. As a travel professional I would highly recommend my clients to visit Mazatlan to explore this rustic, authentic colonial city that is ideal for any Baby Boomer looking for the right adventure. The deluxe ocean view rooms were fantastic and if it fits in your budget or your celebrating a Honeymoon the Presidential suite is superb with breath-taking views. Can't wait to visit and stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First and foremost, the staff are wonderful. Everyone I had the opportunity to interact with were very kind and considerate. The hotel is a great vacation spot with an excellent beach for hotel guests. Also, the property is secure with watchmen on duty 24 hours a day. There are a number of different rooms to choose from to fit your vacation needs. The design of the property has a variety swimming pools for children and adults. In addition, the fitness area is a full workout area with a fitness instructor on duty during the mornings. One major factor that sets this property apart is the convenient location to the beach and the town area. I would highly recommend Hotel Playa.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear valued guest (Lawrence T)

I am writing to thank you for taking the time to make such a valuable comment about our property. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you and yours with a memorable vacation experience. We will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I could assist you with these plans.

ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Been to Hotel Playa Mazatlan? Share your experiences!