“Amazing Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 49 Activities in Mazatlan
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Star Fleet is a Sport Fishing Charter service, Located In Mazatlan Mexico, and was established by Bill Heimpel Sr. and have been providing a professional service to all of our customers since 1953.Private Fishing Trips and sunset cruise departure daily from the New Marina Mazatlan or from the Old Harbor, depending on the clients preference Star Fleet also provides Mooring services in Mazatlan for yachts in the Old Harbor and are the only ones with a loading and unloading dock. Other Services: Fresh Water, Wifi, WC, Mechanics, Electricians, Hull cleaning, fiberglass work etc.
17 attraction reviews
“Amazing Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The reviews are right, these guys rock. Me and all my friends had a really good time fishing with these guys. They really know what they are doing and it was one of the best fishing trips I have ever been on. There pricing is great too.
Do yourself a favor if your in Mazatlan and enjoy a great day sport fishing with Star Fleet. Mazatlan is known for its amazing sport fishing and these guys know their stuff and it shows.
I'm already planing another trip with them.
Thanks so much for the great fishing guys.

Visited August 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“great catch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Why would you waste time & Money in Cabo when there is twice as many fish to catch in Mazatlan with the Star Fleet at half the price of Cabo? This is a family operation. They have been at it now for 3 generations and no one knows it better or does it better.This is where the Pacific & the Sea of Cortez meet and the sport fish eat. It's also a great place to watch the dolphins, sea turtles, & whales. All from the comfort & safety of a Star Fleet boat.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
“Great fishing trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I went fishing last week with this company. We were recommended to them by locals and we're glad we booked with them. We went out of the old harbor by Stone Island. We had smooth waters through out the whole trip which was nice. It was just my boyfriend and me on the boat along with 2 people who ran it. We saw lots of turtles out on the water but nothing else. We caught 1 Mahi Mahi, 2 or 3 Bonita's, and 1 Mackerel. We actually used the 2 Bonita's as bait. My boyfriend really enjoyed fishing with them... I did too but I wanted to catch more. He had to explain to me that it's called "fishing" not "catching" so that made since. We had a lot fun out there, soaking up the sun, fishing, and relaxing. We had to bring our own drinks, snacks, and lunch but they have a cooler that you can keep it in. When we got back to the harbor they cut up the Mahi Mahi for us so we could take it to a restaurant to have it cooked. I wish we could have caught more fish or a Marlin but the crew tried very hard to get us more fish to catch. We would fish with them again so check them out!

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Took 3 days out with StarFleet and had a lifetime experience! Caught a nice Yellowfin Tuna and a nice Sailfish. Saw lots of wildlife. (green turtles, hammerhead shark, dolphins, etc). Not the right season for Marlin but we'll be back. Being our first time in Mazatlan the owner took us around town and introduced us to some of his favorite places and loaned us some snorkel gear.
StarFleets staff treated us like royalty! I will never forget any of it!

Visited May 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Great time with StarFleet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

These guys are amazing! I had never been fishing on the ocean before, and to be honest was a bit worried about getting sea sick... The day we went out was super calm though, and we had an awesome time. There were lots of cold drinks on board and our crew were very attentive. Now I can honestly say that fishing isn't typically my "thing", but this was really something else! We caught two fish, a Sailfish and a Tuna...and they were huge! I couldn't believe it! Id never caught a fish any bigger than a pickerel at my lake in Canada! Anyway, we ate our tuna later that night at a place recommended by Bill...delicious! I would recommend StarFleet to anyone looking to go fishing in Mazatlan! Two thumbs up!

Visited December 2012