“Beautiful space and wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Mazatlan

You added Crowne Plaza Mazatlan to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cerritos No 3110 | Marina Mazatlán, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful space and wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had our wedding at the Crowne Plaza a couple weekends ago and I'm so glad we did! The actual wedding (beach ceremony & reception) surpassed my expectations. The space was absolutely beautiful and all of our guests kept reminding us that this was the best wedding they'd ever been to (naturally haha). Lindsay Goodman and the rest of the CP staff were very welcoming and always happy to help. Lindsay was our wedding coordinator and she's a logistical goddess with a keen eye for details (she speaks perfect english btw since she's from the U.S.). The rooms themselves are very comfortable and clean. My favorite room was the honeymoon suite ;D (only downside to this one is there's no balcony). Claudia (their concierge) also set us up with a sweet zip lining/atv/tequila tasting tour - I definitely recommend this tour! So much fun!

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 7 nights and really enjoyed our time there. I even made friends with the staff! :)

Pros:
*Beautiful, quiet space - nice for relaxing
*Delicious food! I never got sick of their breakfast buffet (and the green juice yummm)
*Friendly and professional staff
*Competitive prices

Cons:
*The CP is about a 7 minute drive to the golden zone (where all the touristy stuff is) so be prepared to spend about $160 - $300 pesos per day depending where you go
*They do not offer all-inclusive rates
*During our stay, one of the elevators didn't go to the 16th floor (our floor) because the button was broken :(

**I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family**

About us: we are a couple from San Jose, CA
Wedding date: May 24, 2012

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos G, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your very favorable comments about our hotel. We especially appreciate your recommendation of the hotel to other potential guests. We work very hard to achieve the level of guest satisfaction that you express in your review. It is gratifying when we receive a comment that covers a broad range of features at the hotel – especially when our friendly staff receives a favorable mention.
Thank you again for your comment and we very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent there 3 days/2 nights in May. We had a suite with jacuzzi on 4th floor with ocean view. Some things like couch seem dated (stains on it), but overall room was clean. Room was soundproof. Could definitely use more light in the bathroom (ours was kind of dark), but it is a decent size. Bed is comfortable, but pillows were not so comfortable.

All staff is genuinely nice and friendly. Some spoke English. They gave us a couple of snacks and water to welcome us. Their breakfast buffet is great for protein lovers: chicken with vegetables, beef, even tongue! They also have a nice selection of fresh fruits (papaya, melon, pineapple). On one of the days (it was Sunday) breakfast included flan and some other extra foods, like fresh vegetables, soup and pastries.

We did not swim in the ocean because the waves were too big during our stay there, but we walked along the shore (beach is nice with soft sand) and also swam in the pool. There were plenty of chairs under umbrellas, so we never had problems finding a spot.

When we asked about eating out, several places were suggested, mostly within 10-min car ride. We ended up having a dinner in their hotel one night and we also ate in the city center at Pedro y Lola. Getting to city center by bus costs 10 pesos (less than 1 US dollar). The ride took about 30 min. Locals refer to this bus as "verde" (green), but it is a white bus with very little verde on it, so make sure it's going where you need to go before getting on.

Overall recommend and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We appreciate the time you took it to leave your comments which are so important to us. It is a pleasure to know that our staff made him feel at home and meet your expectations. Once again thank you very much and hope to return soon, Best Regards.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The best way to describe our wedding at the Crowne Plaza Mazatlan is "A dream come true", it was PERFECT in every way: the event coordination, delicious food, great staff service and a great place to stay.

The best feedback was from our guests from the US and Mexico, who felt the same way than us and had a great time at the event and during their stay at the hotel. We were even happier when they said "this is the best wedding ever!".

Special THANKS to Lindsay Goodman, the Wedding Coordinator of the Crowne Plaza because of the EXTRAORDINARY job she did, taking care of every single detail that we requested for our special day, on time and perfect, just the way we asked.
It was a pleasure working with such a friendly person as her, who is already part of our love story.

Room Tip: The Honeymooners Suite is a great option, a lot of space and one of the most romantic suites in Maza...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Carlos G, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for 5 days in March. It was easy to get to from the airport and check in was prompt. We had a plumbing problem in our room and the mamager immediately switched us to a very large ocean view suite at no additional cost. The maid service was prompt and responsive.

I was very impressed with the wait staff. There were several wedding receptions taking place so the staff was extremely busy but were always friendly. Special shoutouts to The Bell Captain, Oscar; the restaurant staff incliuding Julio Campos and Ramon; and the pool side waiter, Oliveres. Despite my extremely limited spanish communication was not a obstacle.

Room Tip: Try and get a room between the 6th and 10 floors. The ocean view from tose rooms are very nice. A...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Crowne Plaza Mazatlan
We only stayed one night before moving over to the El Cid Marina for a week. ROOM #1611

Getting There: About $40 USD from the airport

Checking in – CANADIANS BE AWARE: I had severe troubles checking into the Crowne. All 3 credit cards (all with security chips) I provided declined and there was plenty of room on all of them. After reassuring me it wasn’t their system/merchant account, I used the phone at the end of the desk and they kindly dialed VISA for me. VISA verified authorization attempts were made from the Crowne and they were getting declined because their terminal was not asking for me to put in a PIN number. Their terminals are not set up properly. When you purchase anything in Mazatlan and get a decline, you need to instruct the front desk clerks/stores to manually punch in the numbers (as if it was a phone transaction) and then it will work for all Canadian Chip cards.

ROOM: I was surprised that I didn’t get upgraded being a gold member. We had a standard King room with only a window and there were other units with balconies. Small fridge for drinks only.Didn't bother to ask for an upgrade since it was only for 1 night. Got on the 16th floor though.

BED: Hard as rocks and so uncomfortable – I slept awful.

BATHROOM: Nice with a funky sink, but a little unpractical for washing your face. Shower has space for two adults.
Floor was all tile, so bring indoor flip flops to keep feet comfortable.

BEACH: Was very good and quiet. Slope was a little steeper than the beach in the Golden Zone. The Crowne Plaza beach was very wavy. You can walk for miles in either direction.

POOL: Very nice –all one depth, so only good for sunbathing and no diving.

RESTAURANT: Average – we had an a la carte breakfast and it was fine. Bacon and eggs, toast was $6 USD. There was a Buffet for breakfast for $14 USD.

LOCATION: It was very quiet and remote – but not as remote as the RIU which is at the end of the beach. With only one restaurant, you would need to take the bus ($1 USD) into town for any entertainment and food.

I would stay in the Golden Zone next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos G, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are truly sorry for the conditions you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to change your perception of our hotel.
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Crowne Plaza is in a quiet location about 10 min from the Golden Zone. Hotel is very bright and airy with a modern decor. The best attribute is the "service" of the staff. Everybody from bell-hop Oscar to Maitre D Julio were extremely friendly. Julio was very helpful in fixing us a great vegetarian dinner. Overall, our experience was very nice. Wish the hotel had a Jacuzzi!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for room with balconies!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos G, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your very favorable comments about our hotel. It is a pleasure for us to know that our staffs have met your expectations. Once again thank you very much and hope you return soon.
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The only thing good about this stay is they had my reservation right at the top of the pile. All I had to do was show my Platinum membership card, fill in my email address and sign the sheet.
They assigned me to room 1812, the southern most room on the top floor.
We had driven 8 hours to get there, so wanted a snack. Unlike the room 1808 we'd had on Jan 17, which was well stocked and clean, this one was a disaster. There was not a single piece of silverware, no cutlery or utensils, no dish soap, dish rag, sponge or dish towel, like we'd had the previous time.
I went into the bedroom after looking all the other places, and pulled on the closet door handle to open it, and it feel on the bed. Luckily I jumped out of the way.
I had taken off my shoes, like I do at home, and happened to look at the bottom of my white socks. They were already black from the grime on the floor. I called the desk to complain, but they spoke no English, unlike the previous stay. I should have asked for a room change, but my overly optimistic wife said, oh, they'll get it right.
WRONG. Next morning I discovered the stove is out of the level of experience I have had, living and visiting all over the world. I finally found that I have to turn on one knob for the burner, then another, which is a timer to make the stove work. A third knob was broken off. I don't think this hotel is even four years old, and it's falling apart!
There were paint splotches on the counter top in the bathroom,and even in the sink.
When I asked to see the manager when I checked out, I was told the manager was "not available".
AVOID this place. It's over priced and terribly managed, as it's obvious no one had looked at this room in quite a while!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Mazatlan? Share your experiences!