“Excelente felicidades” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Mazatlan

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Mazatlan to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cerritos No 3110 | Marina Mazatlán, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
Vancouver
“Excelente felicidades”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Very nice hotel and staff. Great pool! Aojos recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
pedro l, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Van_clay:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Mazatlan and for choosing our property for your recent stay.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest hoping to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Crowne Plaza Resort

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We just got back from an amazing 2 week stay at the Crowne Plaza Mazatlan. We had booked the trip in early 2011 after finding an all-inclusive deal that we couldn’t pass up. Truth be told we were a bit worried about what we would find when we got there based on some of the reviews; however, we discovered right away that there was absolutely nothing to worry about!

A recent change in management seems to have improved things at the Crowne. The property itself is immaculate, our room was great (beds were comfortable, which is saying something for anywhere in Mexico) and the staff were, in a word, incredible. They work extremely hard to ensure your every need is taken care of and we’d like to give a shout-out to Rossalio, Ernesto, Hugo, Wendy, Jose, Horacio and all of the staff at the Crowne – thank you so much for making our trip extra-special!

The food was always fresh and was served in a timely manner. There was sufficient variety on the menu to keep us satisfied for the entire two weeks of our stay. When we made a special request they were more than happy to create the meal of our choosing from items on the menu. The wait staff brought drinks to us at the pool/beach as well as items from the snack menu. We especially enjoyed the club sandwich.

If you are looking for a resort that has nightly entertainment and multiple pools/restaurants/bars then we would recommend looking somewhere else. However, we would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza if you are looking for a beautiful place to RELAX and hang out by the pool/beach. You are sure to enjoy the baby-powder sand beaches, amazing sunsets, clean and bright facilities, great staff and impeccable service. Mazatlan is a beautiful place and is safe for anyone who uses common sense when travelling…give the Crowne Plaza a try, you won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
pedro l, Manager at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear RepeatTravelers,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are more than happy to know that you had an enjoyable experience in our resort.
I appreciatte all of your kind words about our employees and our services. We will continue on improve better ourselves hoping to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

While the people are genuine and helpful, simple expected and services such as clean towels, bathroom tissue, high speed internet and room keys that work for more than one day at a time are lacking. The pool is clean and inviting but the deck charis are oftne not clean or repaired. Our room dorr handle took 8 days for the hotel staff to repair to ensure we could lock our room! We had no functional wireless high speed internet in our room (and no wired option) and had to take the computer into the hallway or the lobby to use it. Our room was cleaned every day but we had to call down more than once for bath tissue. The towels by pool side were often out and we had to wait for more.

Room Tip: keep to the lower floors, I heard from other guests their rooms had fewer issues
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
pedro l, Director General at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear mkowalson:
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Crowne Plaza Mazatlan.First of all I would to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I am pleased to introduce myself as new General Manager of the hotel. One of my first tasks was to read the many reviews posted in tripadvisor. I will be addressing the issues you have pointed out in your review. We have implemented a program to ensure all areas are clean and made some changes in the wifi wireless system in order to avoid any problems in the future. We are looking at a number of improvements as we go forward in 2012. Please feel free to contact me directly with other comments or suggestions at gerentegeneral@mazatlancp.com , I can assure you that it will receive my personal attention and follow up.
Thank you for your kind feedback.

Best regards,

gerentegeneral@mazatlancp.com
Adelanto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

my family travelled to mazatlan to visit in- laws, so this hotel was booked by my sister-in-law without me knowing anything about it...but very impressed..BEAUTIFUL, very nice staff, and wonderful rooms. the only negative thing i have to say is the restuarant was no good, the staff was nice but the food was a poor attempt at american cuisine...i highly recommed this hotel, i felt safe and felt as if everyone was very helpful

Room Tip: seemed that all the rooms were nice, but make sure you use the taxi company the hotel recommends we...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed here for work. I chose the hotel because of the Crowne Plaza Brand and thought it would be one of the best. Upon arrival, the staff was very attentive, welcomed me and acknowledged my Priority Club Gold Status (which was a nice gesture).
By the time I walked into my suite I saw something was missing. I'm not complaining but, for the Crowne Plaza Brand this hotel is missing something that I can't put my finger on. My room had a jacuzzi (nice although I didn't have the time to use it) a nice beach view and an empty mini bar. The bed and its linien looked a bit old. Compared to ther Crowne Plaza properties I've had the fortune of visiting, this one does not meet the standard but, anyway is a nice place to stay. Please keep in mind that this one is quite far away from almost anything and the closest thing you'll find is an Oxxo (convenience store) quite close to it.
Finally, I ordered room service and I enjoyed my dinner as well as the service.
Overall, I would reccomend this place, however, don't expect the luxury of other Crowne Plaza properties.

Room Tip: Seems all rooms have a view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed here in October of 2009. It was absolutely amazing. Hotel was beautiful, the pool was amazing, and the service was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gelsey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
We truly appreciate your words and i will share them with the rest of our staff.
Hope to see you again soon.
Regards.,
Gelsey Fadul
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband is from Mazatlan and still has family living in the area. When we travel to Mazatlan we try to split our time between staying with family and staying at hotel. This trip we chose a hotel stay for our entire visit, we chose the Crowne Plaza and we couldn't have been happier or more pleased. The condo deal we got from the owner was great! Better than the rate we would have paid for a one bedroom at another hotel. The reception area is great, the infinity pool is amazing, the service was good (as expected, though it could have been a little tiny bit better, what I mean is that half of the staff were not only great, they were awesome, but the other half were not very attentive-the great ones sort of make up for the not so great ones I guess). So, the hotel itself is a very good choice, the view is simply gorgeous, the sunsets are so beautiful to watch either from the balcony or the pool or the beach. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the Zona Dorada, which could be good or could be bad, depending on what you are expecting to do, to me, this is great since we came to Mazatan to relax! But if you want to go down to the Zona Dorada, just get a taxi there (not expensive) and hop on a "pulmonia" on the way back (less expensive than a taxi). BTW, Mazatlan was surprisingly calm and non-violent (unlike what's on the news about Mexico in the US). We've enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming again next year and renting the condo at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors for an even grater view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Mazatlan? Share your experiences!