“Beautiful, not what i was expecting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Mazatlan

You added Crowne Plaza Mazatlan to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Mazatlan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cerritos No 3110 | Marina Mazatlán, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Adelanto, California
“Beautiful, not what i was expecting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

my family travelled to mazatlan to visit in- laws, so this hotel was booked by my sister-in-law without me knowing anything about it...but very impressed..BEAUTIFUL, very nice staff, and wonderful rooms. the only negative thing i have to say is the restuarant was no good, the staff was nice but the food was a poor attempt at american cuisine...i highly recommed this hotel, i felt safe and felt as if everyone was very helpful

Room Tip: seemed that all the rooms were nice, but make sure you use the taxi company the hotel recommends we...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed here for work. I chose the hotel because of the Crowne Plaza Brand and thought it would be one of the best. Upon arrival, the staff was very attentive, welcomed me and acknowledged my Priority Club Gold Status (which was a nice gesture).
By the time I walked into my suite I saw something was missing. I'm not complaining but, for the Crowne Plaza Brand this hotel is missing something that I can't put my finger on. My room had a jacuzzi (nice although I didn't have the time to use it) a nice beach view and an empty mini bar. The bed and its linien looked a bit old. Compared to ther Crowne Plaza properties I've had the fortune of visiting, this one does not meet the standard but, anyway is a nice place to stay. Please keep in mind that this one is quite far away from almost anything and the closest thing you'll find is an Oxxo (convenience store) quite close to it.
Finally, I ordered room service and I enjoyed my dinner as well as the service.
Overall, I would reccomend this place, however, don't expect the luxury of other Crowne Plaza properties.

Room Tip: Seems all rooms have a view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed here in October of 2009. It was absolutely amazing. Hotel was beautiful, the pool was amazing, and the service was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
gelsey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.
We truly appreciate your words and i will share them with the rest of our staff.
Hope to see you again soon.
Regards.,
Gelsey Fadul
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband is from Mazatlan and still has family living in the area. When we travel to Mazatlan we try to split our time between staying with family and staying at hotel. This trip we chose a hotel stay for our entire visit, we chose the Crowne Plaza and we couldn't have been happier or more pleased. The condo deal we got from the owner was great! Better than the rate we would have paid for a one bedroom at another hotel. The reception area is great, the infinity pool is amazing, the service was good (as expected, though it could have been a little tiny bit better, what I mean is that half of the staff were not only great, they were awesome, but the other half were not very attentive-the great ones sort of make up for the not so great ones I guess). So, the hotel itself is a very good choice, the view is simply gorgeous, the sunsets are so beautiful to watch either from the balcony or the pool or the beach. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the Zona Dorada, which could be good or could be bad, depending on what you are expecting to do, to me, this is great since we came to Mazatan to relax! But if you want to go down to the Zona Dorada, just get a taxi there (not expensive) and hop on a "pulmonia" on the way back (less expensive than a taxi). BTW, Mazatlan was surprisingly calm and non-violent (unlike what's on the news about Mexico in the US). We've enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming again next year and renting the condo at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors for an even grater view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed at this resort for one night during my trip through Mazatlan. The hotel is beautiful with a nice pool and beach view. That is the only good thing I have to say about it. During the night, the room next door turned into a break room for the employees and was very loud until well after midnight. The smell of weed was everywhere around this break room and was quite disturbing. The next morning after a couple hours of sleep, I found dozens of very little bugs around my pillow and under the covers. Although I only received one or two bites, it was very disgusting. I decided to leave and go to a different hotel for the remainder of my stay. I told the counter staff when I was leaving, but they did not seem to take note or show any concern. This did not rank among other Crowne Plaza resorts I have stayed at over the years.

Room Tip: Another hotel is recommended...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Do not stay here. Do not have a wedding here. Do not have your family stay here. The staff stole all wedding money, gifts and cards from the bride and groom. They refused to do an invstigation and told the couple their guests probably stole the money....No security cameras of course. Very sad honeymoon and very tough start after saving one year for a wedding.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
gelsey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Kathleen,

unfortunately there is no way of saying what happened to the box of cards where the cash envelopes were being placed. The box was left unsupervised through the night while the party was going on. We are truly sorry for your loss. We did investigate as much as we could, the wedding was held in a garden area, so, no we don't have cameras on the garden.

Again, we are truly sorry for your loss
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This place had the worst service of any hotel or motel I've ever been to. Management does not exist in this Crowne Plaza. We tried eating at the restaurant (5 people) and in the first hour of being there, all we had been served were 3 cokes (one at a time and they were hot to the touch). Finally we ordered a pizza while sitting at the table, and that arrived BEFORE they even took our orders. We ate the pizza.
We tried to contact management about some problems we were having with the room (flooding, no towels, beetles everywhere), but they refused to direct us to someone who could help. We finally ended up calling the corporate office and they called the manager so we could be helped. There was a wedding at the hotel the weekend we stayed, and it sounded like all of their guests were having worse problems than we were, and they said that having any event at this hotel is a nightmare.
Lastly, the hotel is so far from everything else that it cost nearly 150 pesos each time we wanted to go somewhere else (and trust me you will want to leave).

BOTTOM LINE: If you stay at this hotel, you will squander most of your vacation trying to get basic service and then being given the run-around by the staff. I would recommend pueblo bonito or a hotel that is more experienced in family fun and service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihg care at Crowne Plaza Mazatlan, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Jim M,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience. IHG Care ^bj

Been to Crowne Plaza Mazatlan? Share your experiences!