“royal treatment at Royal Villas” 4 of 5 stars

Royal Villas Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Camaron Sabalo No. 500, Mazatlan 82110, Mexico   |
Ranked #26 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Victoria, Canada
“royal treatment at Royal Villas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at Royal Villas in Oct. 2011. Everything from soup to nuts (as they say) was great! The staff were exceptional, friendly and helpful, what else can you ask for. If my wife and I ever return to Mazatlan, Royal Villas will be the first consideration on the list. From their day trips to Copala and Concordia to riding the Hobie Cat over to the island, it's just what you'd envision your holiday to be. 2 thumbs up! Thank you Royal Villas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I went here with my mom to celebrate graduating college. I am so glad that we chose to stay at this resort. The staff were all very friendly and more than willing to help. They were able to make suggestions on good places to go and things to do. I cannot say enough good things about them. The rooms were clean, the views were great! It was also in a good location and was right on the beach! The section of the beach it was on was the cleanest in the area and had no jellyfish (unlike the other areas). I look forward to visiting again ASAP!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
alix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Went to mazatland Nov 30 and stayed next to the royal villas. One day went over to the royal villas walked right in ( no one around) got on the elevator to the top floor went down the stairs to see where the maids were. On the 10th floor 2 maid carts in front of rooms doors open and no one there. Could have walked right in rooms and taken things , just like what happened to us last year when we had 2 cameras and 2 rings stolen out of our suitcases.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I thought I had written a review for this hotel but I was mistaken. We visited here a couple of years ago and still talk about the good time we had. The food was fantastic! The pool and beach area were spectacular. I'm not sure what it is like now for safety but a couple of months after we left it started to get alittle touchy and I believe on the not so safe place to travel scale. I certainly hope that has improved. My wife and I felt comfortable walking anywhere in Mazatlan. We went downtown to the market and walked for miles. The staff at Royal Villas were very nice and accommodating. The rooms were kept very clean as well.

We certainly hope to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We one a timeshare here and it was another great stay. We stayed for two weeks and it was really hard to leave. We were able to get a two bedroom unit with an ocean front patio. The room was big and comfortable. The view great. The staff was very attentive and when we had a couple of items to fix they were right on it.

My sister had left some items in the room when we checked out and when she called them they had her items and offered to send them back. Great service.

The location is perfect, in the middle of the Gold Zone and right on the beach. The pool is nice and wasn't too crowded.

Already planning on going back next year.

Room Tip: Try and get a room closer to the beach, not towards the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I own three aftermarket timeshare weeks at Royal Villas and try to vacation here at least once per year. I was here last week for seven days and enjoyed my stay as always.
Mazatlan is not very busy this time of year because it is still hot and humid. The town seems to be preparing for the climate to change and the weather to turn cold in the Northern US and Canada.
We noticed building and refurbishing of some of the businesses along the Zona Dorado. Additionally there is a new mall and Liverpool store near the Marina.

I traveled this time with my spouse and another couple and we found Royal Villas to be very relaxing. Due to time of year there was no hassle getting a lounge or an umbrella by the pool or overlooking the beach. Our rooms were cleaned and restocked with towels each day.
The staff, David, Reynaldo, Arturo and others made us feel at home and fulfilled our traveling needs. Cecilia and Christian in timeshare reservations were professional, helpful and pleasant to work with.
Royal Villas is not the Ritz-Carlton nor the Riu, so if that type of accommodations are what you expect when you travel, this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for a comfortable hotel, with a great location in the Zona Dorado, this is it. The staff us helpful and accommodating.

I look forward to my next stay at Royal Villa and hope next time to be able to stay more than seven days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
City of Durango, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A nice hotel. Stayed at the Royal Villas for 3 days, Sunday thru Tuesday. Not to busy this time of year, only 10% occupancy. Felt like we had the hotel and its amenities to ourselves. Nice pool, and the beach was great. Not to many vendors on the weekdays. Great views from our balcony. Valet service was excellent. Didn't get to try the restaurant, although wish we did, I'v heard a lot of good things about it. Anyways, a nice place to stay. I think I'll check other places next time.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Villas Resort? Share your experiences!