This is a great relaxation resort. The pool area is clean, with lots of places to catch the sun, but the pool is unheated. The poolside bar/snack bar was great. Pablo, Angel and the others provided good service, with a smile.
The beach is awesome with an hours walk in either direction on smooth sand. Yes, there were some vendors, but the prices were low and they were very polite. They were not pesty. We took a small cooler to the beach and hung out most days in peace. The ocean is unheated, as well.
We did the timeshare presentation, which gave us some nice perks. We did not feel that we were overly pressured. We feel the timeshare presentations are part of our vacation. We learn something new each time.
At first we had a room on the backside, but were moved to the oceanside as soon as one became available. We made it a point to get to know staff and call them by name. Isn't it amazing that the more you treat people like people, the better they treat you. We did not have any of the negative experiences that many reviewers have cited.
Our ladt bit of advice (and we were initially reluctant) is take the Sabado Centro bus downtown. It's 10 pesos (about 85 cents) each way. You get a good lay of the land and see a lot of sights. You can jump off anywhere and explore and then get back on anywhere (another 10 pesos). We rode several times in our two weeks.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Palace Mazatlan Hotel Mazatlan
- Mayan Palace Mazatlan Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to the pearl of the Pacific. This charming spot welcomes you with beautiful beaches and the warm hospitality of its attentive staff. Relax under a palapa on the beach, explore old Mazatlan or indulge your passion for deep-sea fishing. The brand new Mayan Palace Mazatlan spreads out over the ten acre beachfront location featuring spacious one and two bedroom suites with all necessary amenities and full hotel service: Acqua Restaurant, La Ola Beach Bar and Sunset snack-bar. Room service 7:00 to 22:00. Two heated outdoor pools overlooking the Pacific Ocean and one indoor pool for Winter season convenience. Fitness Center, Sun Mini-Super Market on-site, Boutique, Gift shop and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Mayan Palace Mazatlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.