“Mayan Palace Sea Garden in Mazatlan Ice cold water in all pools.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mayan Palace Mazatlan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mazatlan
Mayan Palace Mazatlan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Sabalo Cerritos | Zona Hotelera Norte, Mazatlan 82100, Mexico   |
Ranked #62 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Red Deer, Canada
“Mayan Palace Sea Garden in Mazatlan Ice cold water in all pools.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked this for my family so they could relax and have a nice time. Every morning the phone rang to ask them to come to "breakfast" to endure a time share presentation. I specifically booked with the Mayan Palace Sea Garden because of the lovely big pool for my grandson to enjoy. THE POOL WAS NOT HEATED!!!! IT WAS ICE COLD!!! This was a very big disappointment. I will never recommend this hotel for a family. It may be fine for someone who does not use the pool and has time to be harassed by time share sales people.

Kay Simons
Alberta Canada

Room Tip: I gave a generous tip for booking an Ocean view. Air conditioner very noisy. All the staff were ve...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
El Paso Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This a great hotel if you are traveling with children. It has a lot of entertainment for your children. The ocean is always red but there is a section where you can jump waves and have fun. There is a lot of Palapas and the bar is just at the back of them. Great pool and there is an iguana that lives in the middle island of it.
If you want to go downtown take a taxi for $150.00 pesos, Camaron Sabalo bus for $9.50 pesos with air conditioner or Cerritos bus for $6.50 pesos, but also the famous Pulmonias for $100.00 pesos. 20 minutes drive and it really depends on how fast the driver drives.

Room Tip: Above 4 floor to get a better view of the ocean and pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Eaton, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Mayan Palace is clean and a nice place to stay. Next time I will NOT stay at a time share. I thought I could handle this after the reviews but after working extremely hard for over 2 years and going on vacation I did NOT want to be woke up to phone calls wanting me to " eat breakfast" . Finally I caved met them for breakfast, talked to the salesman, told him no, they passed me off to 3 other guys and the third guy actually told me the salesman only had one chance of making a sale today and if I had no intention I should of said so from the beginning. I was furious! I had been telling all of them that from the beginning ! I told him I wanted to be left alone so I finally said yes and now this meeting was Over!.
My Aunt & Uncle are owners and I may have considered it but when I am on vacation , I am on vacation . I would of Never made any decisions that week. Next time I will find a great location on the Golden Zone. Mazatlan was fabulous!!

Room Tip: Always ask for room with a view ( the beach) and make sure it is ours did not have much of a view bu...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Mayan Palace Mazatlan, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear terrisboomer :
We are grateful for your taking the time to write a review about your experience while staying at Mayan Palace and for your kind words about our facilities.

As one of the most successful companies in the Mexican tourism field, we clearly communicate the terms and conditions associated with accepting an invitation to our sales presentation and everyone - at free will, attends and we appreciate their visit whether they decide to acquire our products or not.

Our goal is to make each one of our guests’ vacations relaxing and we look to please them by making sure they receive all the benefits they are expecting to enjoy during their vacation. We do appreciate any feedback being provided to us and it will be shared with the appropriate areas.
We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.

Mayan Palace Mazatlán Management.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We just got back from a wonderful stay at the Mayan Palace at Mazatlan, we were not sure what to expect with all the bad news about the place, but our experience was nothing but the best ever in Mexico. Mazatlan is a beautiful city, with lots to see and do, we enjoyed eating seafood at Azul's right on the beach in the Malecon, great food and service, and very reasonable prices, we tour all zona dorada and loved breakfast at Mary's.
You can take the bus right at the Mayan and go anywhere you want to go. Our room at the Mayan was beautiful, two double beds and a beautiful bathroom, our room did not face the ocean, but that was okay, we were at the beach to watch all the sunsets anyway, the room was kept very clean, and the staff is very helpful, the food was nice, but we much rather explore the area restaurants and markets, for good fruit and a great experience, we went to the Mercado (fruit and vegetable market) right downtown, you just take the bus there, amazing prices for fresh fruits!

The weather was fantastic, the grounds were well kept, the beach is very beautiful and the pool area is clean, we have nothing bad to say about the place, we are planing to go back.

The Sea Garden building is older and dated, so make sure you book at the Mayan Palace, not the Sea Garden.

Room Tip: Stay at the Mayan Palace, not the Sea Gardens
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Beautifully kept place, fun games & crafts poolside. That do hound u to go to the breakfast timeshare but we never answered phone. Need wi-fi but was nice to disconnect

Cannon Beach, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Our room was nice but we weren't given an ocean front room =( and we found out cell phone CHARGERS r considered valuable. Had mine out on the nightstand along with vicodin and a watch and the charger got STOLEN and staff did NOTHING about it.. We got HOUNDED about going on the breakfast, told them up front we weren't interested. Didn't matter! The lady in charge of trying to get us signed up, called MANY times and DIDN"T like hearing "no we ARENT interested". We feel Mazatlan is like our second home and have been going since the late 1980's. We met there and got married there. Definitely wouldn't go back to Mayan Palace, unless we absolutely have to. There are other great resorts to stay at; we've stayed at many and have never had anything stolen before! Also, when we checked out after our stay, the management hounded us for a survey of our opinion of our stay, the same lady that came to tell us that they arent responsible for stolen items.

Room Tip: Make sure all valuables INCLUDING cell phone chargers are put in safe. Mine got stolen, Management c...
san juan cosala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Our fifth trip to Mazatlan. A beautiful city that is virtually abandoned because of the drug cartel and
time share rip offs. Hotel is clean with good service. Prices for food and beverages are way too high and very few people eat or buy drinks. They bring their own . Jewlelry stolen from our room. Management filed a report. Pulman costs $5 for a 1 block ride.Our last visit to Maz. LaJolla time share never returned our deposit. Government has a lot of work to do to turn this city around.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not leave any valuables in the room, including cameras
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mayan Palace Mazatlan? Share your experiences!