We just got back from a wonderful stay at the Mayan Palace at Mazatlan, we were not sure what to expect with all the bad news about the place, but our experience was nothing but the best ever in Mexico. Mazatlan is a beautiful city, with lots to see and do, we enjoyed eating seafood at Azul's right on the beach in the Malecon, great food and service, and very reasonable prices, we tour all zona dorada and loved breakfast at Mary's.
You can take the bus right at the Mayan and go anywhere you want to go. Our room at the Mayan was beautiful, two double beds and a beautiful bathroom, our room did not face the ocean, but that was okay, we were at the beach to watch all the sunsets anyway, the room was kept very clean, and the staff is very helpful, the food was nice, but we much rather explore the area restaurants and markets, for good fruit and a great experience, we went to the Mercado (fruit and vegetable market) right downtown, you just take the bus there, amazing prices for fresh fruits!
The weather was fantastic, the grounds were well kept, the beach is very beautiful and the pool area is clean, we have nothing bad to say about the place, we are planing to go back.
The Sea Garden building is older and dated, so make sure you book at the Mayan Palace, not the Sea Garden.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Palace Mazatlan Hotel
- Mayan Palace Mazatlan Hotel Mazatlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to the pearl of the Pacific. This charming spot welcomes you with beautiful beaches and the warm hospitality of its attentive staff. Relax under a palapa on the beach, explore old Mazatlan or indulge your passion for deep-sea fishing. The brand new Mayan Palace Mazatlan spreads out over the ten acre beachfront location featuring spacious one and two bedroom suites with all necessary amenities and full hotel service: Acqua Restaurant, La Ola Beach Bar and Sunset snack-bar. Room service 7:00 to 22:00. Two heated outdoor pools overlooking the Pacific Ocean and one indoor pool for Winter season convenience. Fitness Center, Sun Mini-Super Market on-site, Boutique, Gift shop and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Mayan Palace Mazatlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.