Beautiful resort. The staff were friendly and helpful. Grounds were kept in beautiful shape and the beach was clean.
BUT-beware of them hounding you to have breakfast and tour their resort. We told them from the beginning that we weren't interested in a time share but they called the room in the mornings to remind us that we hadn't booked a breakfast time yet.
On the 2nd last day, we finally agreed to go to the breakfast meeting and quickly informed the sales rep that we had no interest in purchasing a time share since we already have one. He told us to finish the breakfast, we will tour the unit and then we can get on with our day. After the tour, he of course had to take us to his office and go over the speech on the savings, blah blah blah. Once again, we told him we weren't interested. He finally went to get his manager and of course he sat down with us and asked us why we weren't buying. Explained everything to him and then the pressure sales started . He became rude, angry, and I finally had to slam my fists down on the desk and said very loudly that "this meeting is over", before he finally let us go. After that, we were treated differently and luckily this happened on our 2nd last day or it would have ruined the vacation.
I thought the days of pressure selling were over.
This is beyond what should happen. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Palace Mazatlan Hotel
- Mayan Palace Mazatlan Hotel Mazatlan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to the pearl of the Pacific. This charming spot welcomes you with beautiful beaches and the warm hospitality of its attentive staff. Relax under a palapa on the beach, explore old Mazatlan or indulge your passion for deep-sea fishing. The brand new Mayan Palace Mazatlan spreads out over the ten acre beachfront location featuring spacious one and two bedroom suites with all necessary amenities and full hotel service: Acqua Restaurant, La Ola Beach Bar and Sunset snack-bar. Room service 7:00 to 22:00. Two heated outdoor pools overlooking the Pacific Ocean and one indoor pool for Winter season convenience. Fitness Center, Sun Mini-Super Market on-site, Boutique, Gift shop and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels and Booking.com so you can book your Mayan Palace Mazatlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.