Let me start by saying, the beach area is nice and the server named Romundo (looks like Edmond Dontes) was great. Other than that this hotel was horrible!
1. Bed has plastic covering the mattress that you sleep on to keep you from messing up the mattress.
The mattress wasn't even comfortable (woke up sore every morning) not sure what they are trying to protect.
2. Linens smelled, and overall I was afraid to cover myself with.
3. Only restaurant I wanted to try was their mexican one and they couldn't get us reservations for any one of the four nights we were there.
4. I got food poisoning on the last night (new years eve dinner) I had at the resort.
5. The white wine is clearly watered down as was the vodka.
I think if you're in college this place is a good spot to get plastered and pick up on girls. If you're out of that phase and are ready for the finer things in life, you will be dissapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Opening summer 2009 * 12 km / 7.45 Miles from Mazatlan, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa Las Brujas beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 20-story main building * Surrounded by 13.500 M2 / 16.15 Sq. Yards of lush gardens * 10 km / 6.2 Miles from various shops * 12 km / 7.45 Miles from Mazatlan * 32 km / 19.87 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Emerald Bay Mazatlan