Just rolled in from a trip to this resorts. Cant describe in enough detail how nice the staff was, and how beautiful the view was from our room!
- Friendly staff
- Buffet has excellent food
- Beautiful views from nice clean modern rooms, all are ocean view
- In room safe
- Nice clean beach
- Clean pools, nice grounds surrounding pools
- ATM machine ate my card, bank never came to service the machine. Lesson learned, dont use their ATM, get peso's elsewhere
- Ala cart dining is not worth the trouble
- They dont sell cigarettes, security guards sell them for double the price.
- Vendors at the beach, property does not extend all the way to the ocean, has a roped off line between you and the beach. Vendors stand there all day bugging anyone who comes near.
- Far from golden zone and old town. Old town is 45min+ drive, worth it, but far.
- Beer stocked in room is not tasty.
All in all really nice place. No regrets. I booked this trip direct through American Airlines, nice price! If you go, make sure to go up the beach to Mr Lionso's for some super good seafood and stronger drinks. They also book Zip line tours from there, well worth the price, fun fun fun!
Resort was very slow on weekdays, busy on weekends. Lack of elevators didnt affect us much on the 17th floor on weekends, never a problem on weekdays, but we stayed out most of the time.
If you dont like Mexican's or Canadian's you should probably go somewhere else as that is 99% of the clientele at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Opening summer 2009 * 12 km / 7.45 Miles from Mazatlan, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa Las Brujas beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 20-story main building * Surrounded by 13.500 M2 / 16.15 Sq. Yards of lush gardens * 10 km / 6.2 Miles from various shops * 12 km / 7.45 Miles from Mazatlan * 32 km / 19.87 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Emerald Bay Mazatlan