I booked a week with Sunwing vacation packages for December of 2011 staing at the Rui Emerald Bay in Mazatlan. The hotel was obviously new and absolutely beautiful. The service was incredible and the rooms were very very clean. However, two reasons why I would not return....
1) THE BEDS are as hard as a rock. I don't mean lumpy or uncomfortable....I mean as hard as a rock. Every morning I woke up with lower back pain and a sore neck. I tried bunching the covers up and sleeping on top of them. I also tried to sleep on the pillows but unfortunately I was like the princess and the pea- the hard bed was felt right through the covers and pillows.
2) THE SWMMING POOLS were ice cold. It was Mazatlan in December- the pacific side on the coast of northern Mexico; it was chilly at night and in the morning. During the day the temperature was nice. But the pools were ice cold - not heated at all. Everyone tried to go into the pool but it was like walking into ice water.....and it didn't warm up at all nor did your body become accustomed to it.
All in all....gorgeous hotel. The staff were very welcoming and kind. If they fixed the beds and the pool temperature I would definitely recommend but if not then I would suggest another hotel somewhere further south (in the winter) that has a heated pool for the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Opening summer 2009 * 12 km / 7.45 miles from Mazatlan, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa Las Brujas beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 20-story main building * Surrounded by 13.500 m2 / 16.15 sq. yards of lush gardens * 10 km / 6.2 miles from various shops * 12 km / 7.45 miles from Mazatlan * 32 km / 19.87 miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Emerald Bay Mazatlan