“Beautiful and Relaxing sailing day” 5 of 5 stars

+52 669 943 1066
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Come sail with us on, Mazatlan Sailing Tours, eco tours, whale and dolphin watching and lots more! Welcome aboard Micasa with a storyteller and master sailor Cpt. Eduardo & first mate Kym. Discover the great diversity of marine life sea lions, sea birds, giant mantas, whales, dolphin, sea turtles and a variety of tropical fishes. Go swimming in quiet bays, kayak to or around islands & snorkel, or hike the island trails. Relax and enjoy an afternoon sunset wine and cheese cruise on our 44ft classic ketch and watch the spectacular pacific sunsets over the islands. Promises to be the most memorable experience in Mazatlan.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Columbus, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and Relaxing sailing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We e-mailed Kym from the e-mail address given on this site and set up a day/time for our sailing trip while we were in Mazatlan this week. She was great and very responsive getting us all set up. We paid for the tour in cash when it was completed.

Cpt. Eduardo was great and picked us up at our hotel at 9:30 a.m. to drive us to the marina. He had a young sailor friend Sergio helping him for the day and they were both very friendly. The big sail boat is wooden and very beautiful and historic! My husband and I were the only two signed up for the day. There were blankets and pillows set up for us in the front and back of the boat, where ever we choose to sit. They provided us with nuts, fruit and chips for the sail trip to deer island. It was so relaxing and peaceful! We anchored at deer island and my husband and I kayaked to the beach and had 45 minutes to roam the island. It's just beautiful! We didn't have good hiking shoes to do the trail unfortunately but we had our towels and swimsuits to swim and enjoy the water. Getting back on the ship they had sub sandwiches made to order and drinks waiting on us, very good food!! We motored back to the marina and Cpt. Eduardo told us about the birds, sea lions, and sea turtles. We got back at 2:00. We highly recommend this tour! It's a very peaceful, relaxing and beautiful tour!

Visited May 2011

Canmore, Canada
“Greatb day on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We visited Mazatlan in late April 2011. We found Mi Casa on Trip Advisor prior to our trip, Kym made the process of arranging a sailing tour simple and painless. We were picked up from our hotel, when we arrived at the Marina boarded a beautiful classic sailboat. We were not jammed on board with 50 other people like so many other tours. After a short motor out of the Marina we were immediately sailing (many other “sailing” tours never put up the sails). Captain Eduardo and his deckhand were very friendly, welcoming and went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. We were provided with plenty of food and drinks, simple but delicious Captain Eduardo gave running commentary about the History and wildlife of the area; he was very informative and interesting. He also gave us a wonderful recommendation for a restaurant for dinner. We then sailed out to Deer Island, went ashore in the kayak and climbed to the top of the island. Fantastic views, and not too rigorous a climb, well worth the effort. A relaxing and enjoyable day of sailing, would recommend for anyone looking for a great day on the water and not a “booze cruise”.

Visited April 2011
Springfield Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“Sailing, Sunshine,Good Times...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I had scheduled a private sunset sail with Kym before we left cold and rainy Oregon. I was saddened when Kym called me the night before to tell me that the waves were too choppy and we would need to go out during the morning. I had planned this as a surprise for my family, but I agreed.
Eduardo picked us up at our hotel, we rode in a taxi, as is custom in Mazatlan, and had a fantastic time on the boat. Eduardo was fantastic with our 9 year old son, talked most of the time about the history and culture of Mazatlan. Sergio, his deckhand was super nice also.
My favorite part of the whole trip was listening to him sing.
It was super relaxing and a much needed start to our vacation.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
I would recommend doing the private cruise. I think the boat is best suited for 2-6 people.

Manning, Iowa
“Great time - you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Everything about this trip was wonderful. Captain Edwardo was very knowlegable and fun to talk to. The price is very reasonable for a very relaxing and enjoyable day. Plenty of food and drink throughout the trip. All was very good. Just give Kym a call to make a reservation - it was our best day in Mazatlan!

Mazatlan
“Day trip sailing on Mi Casa.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Kym and Eduardo were excellent hosts for our day trip sailing. Very attentive and informative. Eduardo gave a running commentary on the history of various sites as we sailed as well as comments on the wildlife we saw. Kym played guitar, beautiful voice, and again was very attentive to our needs. I would definitely recommend this as a day trip. Price very reasonable at $55 US for a 4-5 hour trip.