“Classiest Hotel in Mazatlan” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olas Atlas 16 | Colonia Centro, Mazatlan 82000, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
Los Angeles
“Classiest Hotel in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a boutique hotel. Every touch is exquisite, from food, to design, to service. We were in the Marina room, huge with very comfortable bed, fridge and giant bathroom. Hair dryer and iron also included. Plenty of space to hang up our clothes, luxurious towels and linens. We also had a large balcony, with chairs and a lounge chair. The food at the restaurant was superb and proprietors Chris and Conchita looked out for us and made us feel welcome. Staff made eye contact and was friendly. This hotel and near the Centro part of town. Lots to do, we walked to many other restaurants and shops. That said, food was best at Casa Lucila. This was a great get away from Los Angeles.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CasaLucila, Owner at Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We are so appreciative of your review of Casa Lucila Hotel Boutique. We strive for every guest to have a memorable stay with us. Conchita and I want to thank you for your kind words and will try even harder to live up to your words with every guest that we receive in the future. Please let us know when you want to come back to beautiful Mazatlán. We await your return. Until then, all the best and thank you for staying with us. Christopher and Conchita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had an excellent meal in the restaurant and then returned the next night for a dessert. Chris and Conchita have done a wonderful job of restoration of the hotel and lobby as well as hosting guests in the new restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CasaLucila, Owner at Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
You know, 4 days just isn't long enough. Conchita and I really enjoyed having you all stay with us again. This time we actually had more time to spend with all of you so we enjoyed your trip to us a great deal. Our best regards to all of you in cold NY! Hugs to you and Peter, Karen and Andy from all of us at Casa Lucila.
La Paz, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have been coming through Mazatlan 3 or 4 times a year for the past four years. My normal hotel had quadrupled it´s price for the holiday season so i decided to look around. I shifted from the zona dorado…the more traditional vacation hotel strip, to the more historic part of town. From the moment you walk in the door your realize that the decisions the owners made in regard to construction, design, layout and uniqueness of this hotel is something that makes this place special. Very class yet allows one to put your feet up and relax without worry. It´s also so refreshing to be able to sit at the restaurant and have a lengthy enjoyable conversation with the owners, hear the history and to connect on a level that feels, personal, human and not at all pushy or fake. The quality and love put into this boutique is consistent from the people who own it on up to the large spacious rooms and the glorious beds, and bathrooms. If there was any negative thing i´d say about it…is that the spaces were so large that the rooms were cavernous and echoey…who can really complain about that?

The location on the malecon gave us stunning sunsets…of course all the hotels along the beach in Maztlan offer this. Yet being able to cross the street and walk in the mornings and evening was very appreciated. Three blocks from the downtown historic markets, shops, and eateries also makes this as a very unique hotel in terms of location--means you don´t have to keep jumping in a cab to get every where you may want to visit here in mazatlan.

You can save a little money by staying at cheaper places, or more money at five star resorts…but why would you? The room price was very cheap considering what you get in return. If you want a first class experience I can´t say enough for the people and the place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lucy room…not ocean view but was top notch
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaLucila, Manager at Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear DerekinMexico,

Thank you for the wonderful note you left us. Please pardon us for a delay in our response! We are finally getting a little more connected in the social hemisphere.

We too agree that our rooms are fairly large. We almost want to give you enough space to move right on in! We pride ourselves in our attention to detail in the building and construction of the hotel and really appreciate it when our wonderful guests take notice and give their compliments. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and a wonderful review.

We hope to see you back at Casa Lucila soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I recently stayed at Casa Lucila (CL) and I couldn't ask for more from the city of Mazatlan and this wonderful boutique hotel. This was my first trip to Mexico and as such my Spanish was below sub-par. Upon arrival I was welcomed by the CL staff who immediately recognized my lack of Spanish fluency and was very accommodating in communicating with me in English, and throughout my stay helping me with my Spanish.

CL has a little bit of everything. The first thing you'll notice are the incredible views from the front patio, upstairs infinity pool and the bedrooms overlooking the Pacific Ocean and mountainous Mazatlan landscape. Beyond he picturesque views, there is a salon on the premises where you can get a well-priced and extremely relaxing massage, a restaurant offering fresh local food, and a bar with some of the best tequila (I recommend the Los Osuna Anejo).

The city of Mazatlan is a HUGE place and I honestly wouldn't have been able to experience its full breadth if it weren't for Casa Lucila's knowledgeable and friendly staff. If you are planning a stay on Mexico's west coast, I definitely recommend Casa Lucila as must stay during your travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaLucila, Manager at Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dearest Chris,
What a great review! Thank you for attaching the pictures - we hope your cast is finally off and you are back to walking with ease!
Come back to visit us again soon and we'll get you some more of your favorite Los Osuna Anejo you liked.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was recently in Mazatlan with some friends for a much needed getaway. We were welcomed at Casa Lucila by the most friendly staff!! Everyone was so kind and helpful. The rooms are outstanding!! The beds are dreamy, the bathroom was over the top (great shower and amenities), and views you simply can't pay for!! Lucila's Restaurant was incredible! Everything I had there was prepared to perfection and absolutely delicious. I could have seriously eaten every meal there, but hey, I was on vacation and had to try other places too. :-) Oh, and don't let me forget the cocktails... While the Margaritas there are excellent, they also have specialty cocktails every day to offer a little something extra. I loved the pool and deck upstairs. It's very serene and perfect for relaxing AND enjoying some of those Margaritas! All-in-all, Casa Lucila is a superb hotel offering everything you could possibly need for an amazing vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest Brad,
Thank you for sharing some of your photos with us! They look great! We are waiting for your prompt return so we can share some of our new margarita flavors such as mango and pineapple! We hope you visit us again as we absolutely loved having you stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I absolutely love staying at the Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel. I try to get to Mazatlan at least once a year, but if I can make it multiple times, I do. I always stay at Casa Lucila. The latest improvement to the hotel is that newly renovated restaurant. They have upgraded their menu, making some of the best ceviche I've ever had in my entire life. The cocktails they make in their restaurant - Lucila's Restaurant - is out of this world. I had a White Russian (typical American) and a Margarita on the rocks and both were superb. I stayed in the Lupita Room which was pristine & serene. To be able to wake up every morning and look out the window to see the most magnificent view (the three hills in the middle of the ocean) was something words simply cannot explain. I will be back again and I will hope to stay in the same room each time. Even though the hotel does not have a fitness room per se, the malecon is their fitness room. Rent a bike, go for a jog, or simply walk on the malecon. Being able to go running outside was incredible. Beats running on a treadmill any day.
Until next time...
xoxo

Room Tip: Stay in the Lupita room if you love a great view. Stay in the Alma room if you're afraid of heig...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest sb,
Thank you for the great review! We've had many guests say they love the Lupita room and that their favorite part is the view from the window so thank you for putting it in writing! Come back soon and we'll make sure to hold the Lupita room for you.
North Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Casa Lucila fits to those who are looking to be called by name. To those who are looking for a little bit kore than a nice bed to sleep, to those who enjoy having a great view without loosing the touch with the city and its people. Lucila's house is a great romantic escape. It's little indeed but its staff make it worth it. The service can't be better, the food can't be better, the location can't be better. I'll be coming back in a month or so, and I'll stay in Lucila's house once again. I can't emphasize enough my recommendation over any other place in Mazatlan.hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Regards!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest Luis,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are humbled you loved staying with us so much you will be coming back to visit us again. We are proud of our location, space, food, and most of all, our staff. So thank you for the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon!
Many thanks,
Hotel Manager

Been to Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!