“Beautiful hotel! Beautiful city! Beautiful people!” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Olas Atlas 16 | Colonia Centro, Mazatlan 82000, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
New York City, New York
“Beautiful hotel! Beautiful city! Beautiful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was recently in Mazatlan with some friends for a much needed getaway. We were welcomed at Casa Lucila by the most friendly staff!! Everyone was so kind and helpful. The rooms are outstanding!! The beds are dreamy, the bathroom was over the top (great shower and amenities), and views you simply can't pay for!! Lucila's Restaurant was incredible! Everything I had there was prepared to perfection and absolutely delicious. I could have seriously eaten every meal there, but hey, I was on vacation and had to try other places too. :-) Oh, and don't let me forget the cocktails... While the Margaritas there are excellent, they also have specialty cocktails every day to offer a little something extra. I loved the pool and deck upstairs. It's very serene and perfect for relaxing AND enjoying some of those Margaritas! All-in-all, Casa Lucila is a superb hotel offering everything you could possibly need for an amazing vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaLucila, Manager at Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dearest Brad,
Thank you for sharing some of your photos with us! They look great! We are waiting for your prompt return so we can share some of our new margarita flavors such as mango and pineapple! We hope you visit us again as we absolutely loved having you stay with us.
Best,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I absolutely love staying at the Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel. I try to get to Mazatlan at least once a year, but if I can make it multiple times, I do. I always stay at Casa Lucila. The latest improvement to the hotel is that newly renovated restaurant. They have upgraded their menu, making some of the best ceviche I've ever had in my entire life. The cocktails they make in their restaurant - Lucila's Restaurant - is out of this world. I had a White Russian (typical American) and a Margarita on the rocks and both were superb. I stayed in the Lupita Room which was pristine & serene. To be able to wake up every morning and look out the window to see the most magnificent view (the three hills in the middle of the ocean) was something words simply cannot explain. I will be back again and I will hope to stay in the same room each time. Even though the hotel does not have a fitness room per se, the malecon is their fitness room. Rent a bike, go for a jog, or simply walk on the malecon. Being able to go running outside was incredible. Beats running on a treadmill any day.
Until next time...
xoxo

Room Tip: Stay in the Lupita room if you love a great view. Stay in the Alma room if you're afraid of heig...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest sb,
Thank you for the great review! We've had many guests say they love the Lupita room and that their favorite part is the view from the window so thank you for putting it in writing! Come back soon and we'll make sure to hold the Lupita room for you.
Best,
North Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Casa Lucila fits to those who are looking to be called by name. To those who are looking for a little bit kore than a nice bed to sleep, to those who enjoy having a great view without loosing the touch with the city and its people. Lucila's house is a great romantic escape. It's little indeed but its staff make it worth it. The service can't be better, the food can't be better, the location can't be better. I'll be coming back in a month or so, and I'll stay in Lucila's house once again. I can't emphasize enough my recommendation over any other place in Mazatlan.hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Regards!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest Luis,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are humbled you loved staying with us so much you will be coming back to visit us again. We are proud of our location, space, food, and most of all, our staff. So thank you for the wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon!
Many thanks,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Conchita Room the evening of our wedding. The hotel and the room are simply beautiful! After seeing the "before" photos of what this hotel used to look like, you can certainly appreciate all the work that has gone into it.
The Conchita Room is HUGE! I'm pretty sure the luxurious bathroom is much bigger than the room itself. I enjoyed a hot, jacuzzi bath after the long day. We had the Romantic Getaway package so, I also had a massage and I chose to have it in our room. It was so relaxing. We also got the chocolate covered strawberries and the champagne but, I wasn't feeling very well so, we never did get to enjoy them.
A lot of people complain about the beds in Mexico being very hard and while this is true at most places, it's not true in the Conchita Room. The bed was super soft but, I really didn't like it. I actually prefer the hard Mexican beds. Just a preference.
Unfortunately, I woke up the next morning quite ill so, I didn't get to use the pool. It's small but, cute and has an amazing view. If I ever get the chance to stay here again, I will make sure it is more than one night. It's truly breathtaking and romantic. A great choice for any couple!

Room Tip: There are only 8 rooms. Check them out online to see what you're looking for and book in advance...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest Kokomeister,
I'm so sorry you were ill and unable to enjoy much of what our hotel and staff had to offer! Please let us know when you come back again as we'd like to have you relive the Romantic Getaway package but without the illness! Thanks for the tip on the softness of the beds as you are 100% correct, everyone has their own preference! We appreciate the honesty as folks reading these reviews should know what to expect based on other people's travels experience.
Hoping to see you again,
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My three night stay was very pleasant. The staff is very accomodating and very friendly. The restaurant food is good and reasonably priced. I am not the all-inclusive type of person, so my favorite thing was its location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dearest Arlette,
Thank you for the short and sweet review! We hope that you enjoyed your stay enough to come back to visit us again. We agree that the all-inclusive deal is a person to person taste so thank you for choosing us to stay with.
Hoping to see you soon,
Canim Lake, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at Casa Lucila for 7 days and did not regret it! Would stay again.
Location is perfect - right on the ocean, with amazing views, and only minutes from the Historical Centre.
Loved the Conchita Room we stayed in on the top floor! Room is extremely spacious and bathroom is huge with its own balcony. You cannot help but feel opulent in a room of that size. The only negative is that the room opens onto the pool area (shared by all rooms in hotel) with no private area that is dedicated to the room. So if you wish to sit in front of your room next to the pool, get ready to share. We were lucky that we were the only ones there for most of our vacation, but I do not think it would be the same in the busy season. First two days there were other guests on the same floor in Lupita room, and it felt like we were intruding on their pool time and vice versa,...If there would have been guests in that room the whole time, we probably would not have used the pool as much. There is also only 5 suntanning chairs for 8 rooms, so this could prove to be a problem if you are there in busy season.
We had a great time and pool area to ourselves most of the time since we came in April at the end of the season. My only complaint - pool was a bit cool for my taste, and even if the staff was there every morning diligently cleaning the pool, the tiles looked dirty, mostly because grout and even tiles were missing in some areas of the pool. Pool definitely needs some maintenance.
Cleaning lady was extremely diligent, making the suite spotless everyday, but have forgotten to replace the shampoo and conditioner in our room the whole time we were there, and I did not know how to ask her for more since I cannot speak spanish and she could not speak any english.
Best part about the hotel, is the Water's Edge restaurant at the hotel. All of their food is amazing and their staff is extremely nice and will deliver to your room! Also very important - they have traditional American/Canadian breakfast - eggs and bacon with potatoes and toast, mmm - can't start the day any other way!
In short, I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Conchita and Lupita rooms are on the toop floor right at the pool area - best location if not a busy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest Selena,
Thank you for the honest review! Our pool has definitely undergone some serious thorough cleaning renovations. We've completely retiled the entire pool which unfortunately took a few days to do so we needed to close off the entire rooftop area. I'm happy to say that the pool is ready and waiting for your next attendance.
Please do not hesitate to ask the reception desk members for more amenities as we do not want you to be without shampoo!
Wishing you well,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you are looking for a private stay then this hotel is for you. We had the rooftop balcony and pool to ourselves for the entire week. The hotel is in a great location near old town Mazatlan with excellent views of the ocean and a secluded beach right on your doorstep. This is the best choice for couples looking to avoid the busy resorts, you will not be disappointed.

The rooms are spacious and immaculate, the cleaning and maintenance staff clean the room, rooftop patio and pool every day, up keeping the entire space to perfection.

The restaurant in the hotel, The Waters Edge Bistro is amazing with great food and extremely friendly staff that speak excellent English.

Only one minor con, the pool needs work, a few tiles have fallen off and the grout has gone from white to a dirty yellow/brown. The pool has a pigeon problem, we were visited by about 20-40 pigeons throughout the day. They come because they know there is fresh drinking water in the pool, the problem is they sit on the pools ledge and crap all over it. The hotel maintenance staff clean this every morning however the ledge gets dirty throughout the day. There are some plastic owls on each side of the pool in an attempt to ward off the pigeons however I did not see a single pigeon fly away because of the owls.

Room Tip: Stay in Conchita, huge room, huge bathroom and right on the top floor with easy access to the roofto...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest Chris,
Thanks for the shout out! We absolutely agree that those pigeons are the most Annoying creatures ever! We've tried everything... from putting spikes near the edges of the pool (did not look attractive) to the owls (tried & failed) as well as putting a net over the railing so birds don't come on down to our area. Needless to say, we get them occasionally but are still trying to come up with a solution so they do not return. We'd love to hear any possible solutions you may have!
I am happy to say that since you have visited us we have completely redone the pool and there are no more fallen tiles. We'd love for you to come back and we'll make sure to have the Conchita room ready for you once more for another relaxing trip!
Wishing you the best,
Hotel Manager

Been to Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!