“Awesome three-night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Mazatlan
New Jersey, United States
“Awesome three-night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My three night stay was very pleasant. The staff is very accomodating and very friendly. The restaurant food is good and reasonably priced. I am not the all-inclusive type of person, so my favorite thing was its location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canim Lake, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at Casa Lucila for 7 days and did not regret it! Would stay again.
Location is perfect - right on the ocean, with amazing views, and only minutes from the Historical Centre.
Loved the Conchita Room we stayed in on the top floor! Room is extremely spacious and bathroom is huge with its own balcony. You cannot help but feel opulent in a room of that size. The only negative is that the room opens onto the pool area (shared by all rooms in hotel) with no private area that is dedicated to the room. So if you wish to sit in front of your room next to the pool, get ready to share. We were lucky that we were the only ones there for most of our vacation, but I do not think it would be the same in the busy season. First two days there were other guests on the same floor in Lupita room, and it felt like we were intruding on their pool time and vice versa,...If there would have been guests in that room the whole time, we probably would not have used the pool as much. There is also only 5 suntanning chairs for 8 rooms, so this could prove to be a problem if you are there in busy season.
We had a great time and pool area to ourselves most of the time since we came in April at the end of the season. My only complaint - pool was a bit cool for my taste, and even if the staff was there every morning diligently cleaning the pool, the tiles looked dirty, mostly because grout and even tiles were missing in some areas of the pool. Pool definitely needs some maintenance.
Cleaning lady was extremely diligent, making the suite spotless everyday, but have forgotten to replace the shampoo and conditioner in our room the whole time we were there, and I did not know how to ask her for more since I cannot speak spanish and she could not speak any english.
Best part about the hotel, is the Water's Edge restaurant at the hotel. All of their food is amazing and their staff is extremely nice and will deliver to your room! Also very important - they have traditional American/Canadian breakfast - eggs and bacon with potatoes and toast, mmm - can't start the day any other way!
In short, I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Conchita and Lupita rooms are on the toop floor right at the pool area - best location if not a busy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you are looking for a private stay then this hotel is for you. We had the rooftop balcony and pool to ourselves for the entire week. The hotel is in a great location near old town Mazatlan with excellent views of the ocean and a secluded beach right on your doorstep. This is the best choice for couples looking to avoid the busy resorts, you will not be disappointed.

The rooms are spacious and immaculate, the cleaning and maintenance staff clean the room, rooftop patio and pool every day, up keeping the entire space to perfection.

The restaurant in the hotel, The Waters Edge Bistro is amazing with great food and extremely friendly staff that speak excellent English.

Only one minor con, the pool needs work, a few tiles have fallen off and the grout has gone from white to a dirty yellow/brown. The pool has a pigeon problem, we were visited by about 20-40 pigeons throughout the day. They come because they know there is fresh drinking water in the pool, the problem is they sit on the pools ledge and crap all over it. The hotel maintenance staff clean this every morning however the ledge gets dirty throughout the day. There are some plastic owls on each side of the pool in an attempt to ward off the pigeons however I did not see a single pigeon fly away because of the owls.

Room Tip: Stay in Conchita, huge room, huge bathroom and right on the top floor with easy access to the roofto...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the second time that I have been to Casa Lucila and I must say that this is one of my favorite hotels to stay at. Every time I arrive, I am always greeted with such a friendly and accommodating staff! Each time I need to get away from my hectic work, I now know the place to go. I'm able to get away from the hustle and bustle and escape to a serene location.

When in doubt, pick Casa Lucila. Such a great space, great location and great people!

Room Tip: I would pick the Lupita room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Casa Lucila for five days in March. It was our first visit to Mexico and we couldn't have had a better time. The hotel's location in the historic center of town was fantastic for visiting the cultural sites, shops and market. The rooftop deck lounge chairs overlooking the Pacific Ocean were amazing (like being on the beach without the messy sand!) and restful. The room was spacious, immaculately clean and the bed comfy. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful (we were able to schedule massages and pedicures) and the restaurant in the hotel was a nice plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Casa Lucila was a great choice to stay in Mazatlan...quite a nice experience!
We came here for our honeymoon 15th February for 5 nights. My husband and I stayed the principal room "Conchita". Very serene, well located by the pacific ocean in a calm Street, great service and friendly staff.
Rooms are in their best of conditions with a huge bathroom
Simply, a perfect place to enjoy the best sunsets ever seen...we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at Casa Lucila in late January 2013 for 10 days. If decor is important to you, then I would not suggest this place. It is extreme modern.....no pictures on the walls in the rooms, just large rooms with a greyish feel....nothing to suggest Mexico and it's vibrant colorful decor. The wind off the ocean was so cold and strong that we had to keep the window/ sliding door closed all the time and couldn't sit on the deck at all. Nobody else used their decks. So we were enclosed in a dark high-cieling room with closed windows. Also the railing on the deck is not see-through, so you couldn't see the view at all from your room unless you were standing up. There was no small table with 2 chairs to eat lunch or breakfast, so we had to sit on the beds. The desk area was freezing and doors were left open to allow people to get to the elevator so there was a constant freezing wind and we had to rush up to our rooms to get warm. However, if great showers are important to you, along with a first-rate non-Mexican restaurant, then you would like this place. We prefer rustic elegance.

Room Tip: For the price, it was not worth it at all.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!