“very welcoming!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 75 hotels in Mazatlan
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“very welcoming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

my fiancée and i stayed at casa Lucila for 3 nights in August we arrived very early and unexpected in the morning and they got our room ready in half an hour, it so happens that it is very low seasons and we were the only ones in the hotel. We had exceptional service and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the owners were lovely and even took my finance to the Dr and translated for us after she had a bout of a bit of bad food! (not from the hotel) rooms were very clean and the pool overlooking the ocean is very relaxing! would go back to Mazatlan and stay there in a heart beat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
washington state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in September, on arrival my room was over 90, the temp dropped to 87 3 hours later, I stopped at the desk, they said yes it is a hot day. By morning, the temp had dropped to 82. Not ideal sleeping temp. Other than this the hotel is beautiful, food excellent, staff very friendly. Would stay again, but not in the summer months.

Room Tip: Ocean front is awesome
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We loved every second of our stay there. First off, you could not ask for better hosts. They are not only hospitable, but will take the time to talk to you and recommend restaurants and things to see and do. Second, the property and rooms are gorgeous. Third, the restaurant has amazing food. Fourth, the rooftop pool area is very relaxing. Fifth, did I mention how amazing the hosts are?

I won't go too into descriptions of the rooms because I think the pictures on their site speak for themselves. But what the pictures don't convey is the excellent service, the quiet and comfort, and the overall wonderful experience that comes from staying in this hotel. We could not have asked for a more perfect place to stay, and the rates were amazingly reasonable compared to the bigger hotels in Gold Coast. We had booked one night in the middle of our stay over there and could not wait to get back to Casa Lucila!

I will say that in this area of Old Town, the beaches are rocky. If you are looking to lay on sand beaches during the day, you won't find them here. But, you can always head up to the Gold Coast for the day (though it is VERY touristy), or better yet, take a pulmonia to the docks for a boat ride to La Isla de Piedra (Stone Island). There are many nice bars and restaurants that allow you day use of chaise lounges. Prepare to make friends with the stray dogs, which you will want to bring back home. The benefits of staying in Old Town far outweighed the travel time to a sand beach. Besides...the boat ride alone is great!

Despite what you hear of drug cartel in Mexico, we never once felt unsafe in Mazatlan. People on the street would stop to ask where we were from, make recommendations for things to do, and were more than happy to be ambassadors for Mazatlan. There is a reason so many Americans come back here year after year - there is an authenticity you can't find in the more touristy areas of Mexico. We highly recommend Casa Lucila and the Old Town area to anyone looking for a great winter retreat.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
White Rcok, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Casa Lucila is amazing. The attention to detail in this 8 room boutique hotel is stunning. The staff is wonderful and ready to please. Owners Chris and Conchita who are often onsite, make you feel very welcome and at home. If you want a unique experience lounging by the infinity pool with that incredible view of the Sea of Cortez, reading on your private terrace overlooking the promenade of historic Mazatlan, this is the place to be. Start your day with an incredible brunch in the hotel at the Water's Edge Bistro, followed by a walking tour of historic Mazatlan and all it has to offer. The location of Casa Lucila puts you in the heart of Centro Historico where you are in walking distance of galleries, theatre, bakeries, markets and architectural wonders. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My trip to Mazatlan was my first trip to Mexico. I've never been across the border (and I'm SUPER close - Dallas!) and wanted my first trip to be the best experience. I was hesitant about going because of all the news reports along the border. I put my concerns aside and decided to go with my boyfriend.
After numerous review-searching, I decided on Casa Lucila and boy did I make the right decision!
From the moment I landed in this foreign country, it was an easy experience. I made it to the oceanfront hotel "boutique" and knew that this was the perfect destination for me and Joe.
We walked along the boardwalk, ate delicious meals EVERY day, and stayed in one of the most beautiful rooms the hotel has to offer.
We stayed in the Lupita room overlooking the ocean. If I could recommend any hotel to stay at, this would be the one.

Room Tip: Lupita Room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Trust me when I say that the reviews for this boutique hotel say nothing but the truth! Everything about it is amazing. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. They are there to help and assist you with your needs. They make you feel welcomed as if it is your “home away from home!” One of the best parts is that the owners are usually onsite as well. Definitely a plus for me as you don’t see that too often. They make the stay even better!

The hotel is gorgeous and you are immediately made aware of this by the detail that was put into it. It is clean, elegant and peaceful and is definitely a place to go if you are looking to get away. There are eight rooms and you will not be disappointed with your room choice! You have amazing views from the hotel and the malecon (boardwalk) is just a few feet away which is great for a leisurely walk or a nice run (and don’t forget the beach which is literally right there)!

It is located in old town Mazatlan which is rich with culture and history. Again, a plus for me as it is always great to learn the history of places and to get to know the culture (and the people). Something that much harder to experience in city setting!

I highly recommend staying here. I know that I will when I take another trip back to Mazatlan!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
sonora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We love this place. Been twice and will return. The owners are darling, the rooms sparse but comfortable and the view magical.

Room Tip: Get the suite with a view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!