“Romantic & Spectacular” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 72 hotels in Mazatlan
Dallas, Texas
“Romantic & Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My trip to Mazatlan was my first trip to Mexico. I've never been across the border (and I'm SUPER close - Dallas!) and wanted my first trip to be the best experience. I was hesitant about going because of all the news reports along the border. I put my concerns aside and decided to go with my boyfriend.
After numerous review-searching, I decided on Casa Lucila and boy did I make the right decision!
From the moment I landed in this foreign country, it was an easy experience. I made it to the oceanfront hotel "boutique" and knew that this was the perfect destination for me and Joe.
We walked along the boardwalk, ate delicious meals EVERY day, and stayed in one of the most beautiful rooms the hotel has to offer.
We stayed in the Lupita room overlooking the ocean. If I could recommend any hotel to stay at, this would be the one.

Room Tip: Lupita Room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Trust me when I say that the reviews for this boutique hotel say nothing but the truth! Everything about it is amazing. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. They are there to help and assist you with your needs. They make you feel welcomed as if it is your “home away from home!” One of the best parts is that the owners are usually onsite as well. Definitely a plus for me as you don’t see that too often. They make the stay even better!

The hotel is gorgeous and you are immediately made aware of this by the detail that was put into it. It is clean, elegant and peaceful and is definitely a place to go if you are looking to get away. There are eight rooms and you will not be disappointed with your room choice! You have amazing views from the hotel and the malecon (boardwalk) is just a few feet away which is great for a leisurely walk or a nice run (and don’t forget the beach which is literally right there)!

It is located in old town Mazatlan which is rich with culture and history. Again, a plus for me as it is always great to learn the history of places and to get to know the culture (and the people). Something that much harder to experience in city setting!

I highly recommend staying here. I know that I will when I take another trip back to Mazatlan!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
sonora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We love this place. Been twice and will return. The owners are darling, the rooms sparse but comfortable and the view magical.

Room Tip: Get the suite with a view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was skeptical about the overwhelming number of 'Excellent' reviews on this site for this boutique hotel. I also had never been to Mazatlan in my life, and was a little worried about the travel advisory for much of Mexico.

HOWEVER, when I got to Mazatlan (only 3 hours from Houston) my expectations were blown away and my worries dissolved. I stopped at a seaside restaurant before checking in, at the recommendation of Casa Lucila's owners, and had the freshest Marlin and fish tacos of my life. After a bucket of half-pint Pacificos (brewed and bottled in Mazatlan), I was relaxed, half-tipsy and ready to take a nap in my bed. The owners of Casa Lucila greeted me at their charming establishment and I felt as if the wind whipping off the Pacific floated me up to my room. My room was clean, elegant and quiet. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I fell asleep gazing at an incomparable view of the sunset.

Over the next few days, I went on a couple of excursions. I don't like touristy things, so I visited the old town's plazas, opera house and restaurants, and walked along the boardwalk --they call it a Malecon. Also, took a day trip to an off the beaten path tequila distillery that was incredible! I got a private tour for free and tasted some of the best Mezcal of my life (I bought two, large bottles at $27USD a piece!). A day-trip to Quelite, a small pueblo 45mins. from Mazatlan, for a grande lunch and donkey ride was also memorable.

I can say without a doubt that Mazatlan is incredibly safe, the people are friendly and the owners of this place have found and built a diamond in the rough! I would absolutely recommend coming to Mazatlan for the first time and to bring friends, loved-ones and lovers. I will be back for what I hear is their most exciting time of year: Carnival in late Feb. early March.

Room Tip: Top floor is breathtaking and they deliver drinks from the hotel restaurant at a moment's notice...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
La Rochelle, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I've stayed in Casa Lucila several times with my girlfriend and I've always been very glad to do so! The hotel is incredible, the luxury level is very high and the rooms are big and cozy, clean and decorated in a new Italian design, sophisticated and sober, we loved it. The service received was beyond our expectations, personalized and still tactful with us. Regarding the place, it is located at 5 minutes (walking distance) from the “Plaza Machado” which is really great to see by night, and it is on the seafront, very pleasant for a walk. We will be glad to go back there as soon as we can and say hello to all the staff and the owner of the place that welcomes us so kindly!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed here for part of our Honeymoon in October 2011 and we REALLY enjoyed it, the hotel was lovely and peaceful with stunning views. The roof top pool was pleasantly cool in comparison to the heat and humidity of the town which made it an excellent place to relax. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant in the hotel provided very good food, and the staff were more than willing to offer advise on other good places to eat.

All in all this hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Inverness, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This small boutique hotel is a gem. The rooms look like they could be featured in Architectural Digest. Great location, and a staff this is friendly and efficient. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome. As I was leaving Mazatlan I discovered that I had left my cell phone in my hotel room. When I called to request that the phone be mailed to my home, the owners of the hotel insisted on driving out to the airport and delivering the phone to me before I got on the plane. That is an example of the level of customer service.

The restaurant inside the hotel (Water's Edge) is one of the best places to eat in Mazatlan. It was a great experience, and I would strongly recommend this hotel to those planning a visit to this city.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!