“A great place for our theatre retreat!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Villas Los Angeles
Calle La Cima S/N | Peninsula De Santiago, Manzanillo, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 52 hotels in Manzanillo
Ajijic, Mexico
“A great place for our theatre retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Lakeside Little Theatre, the oldest English-speaking theatre in Mexico, just held its annual retreat at Hotel Villas Los Angeles. We were a total of 17 people. We were completely delighted with the accommodations and it's hard to say enough about how thoroughly hospitable and helpful Michel and Patricia were in making our stay enjoyable. During our stay they helped us with restaurant choices, car issues, and in one case, medical needs. The location of the hotel, the views and the pool area, are quite spectacular, especially considering the off-season rates we were offered. It's true that the newer rooms are, generally, more appealing than the older ones, although we had people in both and all were clean and quite comfortable. We already are talking about a return visit next year!

Room Tip: My first choice, depending on the size of your party, would be for one of the newer rooms (the 200...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We wish we would have known before booking that while there is a little difference in price there between their newer and older built units, there is a huge difference in quality between them. Our first night was in one of their older suites, that I would describe as a really worn out suite. We were willing to look past the holes in furniture, rips in couch cushion, wall stains and very dated appliances and general dated look of everything, but I just couldn't get past the inadequate air conditioning system (AC). There were two noisy wall units in each bedroom that were just designed to mainly cool the bedrooms, leaving half of the suite without adequate AC. I told the owner that if I had known 1/2 the suite wasn't AC'd, then I would have never taken the suite. We ended up paying a little more in price and being moved into one of their newer suites.The newer suite was really gorgeous and outstanding, and we were overall very pleased with it! The only drawback we had in the newer suite was that you only get to set the air conditioning to On or Off, so I was awaken in the middle of night to turn it off cause it got too cold. The views are breathtaking, grounds well maintained and staff is really friendly. We ended up staying a total of four nights, and were quite pleased after getting out of that older built suite.

Room Tip: get price difference between older and newer units and decided if the big difference in quality is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TheAngeles, General Manager at Hotel Villas Los Angeles, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
It is unfortunate that this guest was not satisfied with the unit he first booked, having said that, I wish he would be accurate in his description, he says the biggest problem was the air conditioning, well I would like to correct the impression he gives that these are noisy window units, this could not be further from the truth, these units are LG Mini Splits that are about three years old, anyone who knows air conditioning knows that these units are inherently quiet as the compressor is located outside, also these units are oversized for the bedrooms so they do a very adequate job in cooling, when I quoted this unit, I mentioned that the air-conditioning was in the bedrooms. He mentions holes in the furniture, I went to check this unit personally after his comment and what I found was a dime size hole in the covering of the cushion on the sofa, the reason for this is that we wash the coverings regularly and it is possible that it became unsown during this procedure. Regarding the appliances, the microwave is a year old and the fridge is about 4 years old. He mentions wall stains, this is another comments that I take issue with as we had just finished painting the unit, we do so every year before the Holiday Season so I don't know what he means by wall stains.

We did our best to make this guest as comfortable and happy as possible, as soon as he mentioned he wanted central air conditioning we did accommodate him in the units he finally chose to stay in, but he was very reluctant to pay the associated cost for the unit, so finally I had to give him an extra discount, so when he says that he paid a little more this is true, but it does not reflect the real cost of the units he chose.(All our prices are stated on the internet) Our guest also mentioned that the air conditioning was either on or off, this is true, as we do have some guest with children, we have found it convenient to set the temperature at 25 Celsius (77 Fahrenheit) and the majority of our guests are very satisfied with this setting but if we do have a client that wants to set his own temperature we do give him the opportunity to do so, as long as he lets us know this is what he requires.
I did get an email from our guest after he got back home, this time he claimed he had been billed twice, I was out of town at the time, but I did email him back right away telling him that as soon as I returned I would make it a priority, I checked on my end but as far as I could see there was no double billing, I contacted him again and asked him to check his statement again and make sure the double billing was coming from our company but I never heard back from him.

We are a small business and we always look to the long term, we want people to enjoy their experience with us and come back, we do appreciate clients that let us know how we can improve the work we do and if something is not right we will correct it.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Upon our arrival we met with Michel & Patricia who extended their welcome which blew my wife expectations away right off the bat. Michel recommended several places to eat, shopping areas and a brief description of Manzanillo. After our check-in, we proceeded to Villa 104 which was exactly what my wife and I expected (clean, roomy and a king bed). The balcony provided us a great view to the north, east and south of Manzanillo. Sunrise was awesome in the mornings and just sitting outside on the balcony in the mornings made our stay more enjoyable. After we settled in, right away we jumped into the pool which my wife loved. Upon our arrival we were the only ones there and later joined by a family. Pool is clean and blue. WIFI is available at the pool which provided me a chance to catch up on news from the states and my wife to shop 1,500 miles away. At every opportunity we had, we jumped in the pool since it was toasty outside. Overall, we loved our stay @ Villas Los Angeles and would recommend this hotel to all of our families and friends. Room was clean and quiet (fans, A/C, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, shower w/ hot & cold running water). We will be back in December and without any second thought, we will stay @ Villas Los Angeles. Thank you Michel & Patricia for having a wonderful place for us to stay & enjoy. P.S. We had an opportunity with meet the room attendant - Margarita - and she was warm and welcoming which made us feel even more welcomed durign our stay. Kuddos to Margarita also!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 104 and for us Michel couldn't have picked a better room for us to stay in.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vanderhoof, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is a wonderful family run hotel, exceptionally clean, private, with beautiful pool, overlooking ocean. Owners speak english and more than willing to advise or help with questions on area

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Lake Oswego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Last month my family and I had a relaxing vacation at Villas Los Angeles. The pool area was just as lovely as the pictures! Michel and Patricia were the ultimate hosts. Be sure to eat wherever they recommend as the meals we had while in Manzanillo were fabulous. I had an unfortunate medical situation & their attentiveness in helping me get after hours care was above and beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Corrales, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Villas Los Angeles in September of 2009 (I'm a little behind in my review submission).

We really enjoyed our stay here. The location is great with a fantastic view (see the attached photos). The room was very clean and quiet. It was a fairly easy walk into town for food, etc. but we sometimes took a cab out of laziness. The staff was great and Socoro was very helpful in recommendations for dining and arranging a cab to the airport.

This place really lived up to all the positive reviews I read before booking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This villa was everything and more that we hoped for. The owners go out of there way to make sure you are comfortable and happy. The staff is outstanding and friendly.I loved the walk up and down from the hotel but a cab was very cheap if you wanted to ride up after a night out.The million dollar view from all the rooms is amazing. We stayed a week but need more than that and will return. We met a lot of Canadians and many other guests that return year after year.If your a high maintenance traveller this place is not for you.The owner Patricia took us to a local orphanage (Liborio Espinosa) to deliver items we took for the kids and a few days later helped us buy and deliver meat to them. The kids seldom get meat so friends from home gave us money so we could do that.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villas Los Angeles? Share your experiences!