“Great atmosphere, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Waterloo, Canada
“Great atmosphere, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Best atmosphere for date night in town. Nice furniture and ambience. Clean and new. Right on the beach.

Food was average. The Caesar salad was very good as an appetizer. We shared mango shrimp and a steak. They were seasoned with a lot of parley or oregano? Steak was requested medium rare, but arrived cold inside. They had no problem putting it back on the grill for a few minutes. The shrimp was good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oaxaca, Mexico
“Great place by the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great place to eat and be with my family, I have to say that I enjoyed the food more than I expected. Thanks for the good service and I'll totally come back the next season.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
qualicum beach
“Food ok but watch out for drink prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a new restaurant overlooking the beach. The view is great. The decor is clean, new and attractive. The wait staff spoke English. The food was adequate. I ordered calamari with garlic and parsley. I received a cold calamari salad with alfalfa sprouts - no garlic. The Hawaiian crepe was very good.

The kitchen features a large barbeque to grill fish and beef. We had two different preparations of dorado and a huachinango. Both the dorado dishes were a little dry, but the whole huachinango was moist and well seasoned.

My concern about this restaurant and the reason I will not recommend it or go back to it - they do not have a drink menu. We ordered two bottles of white wine. They suggested Las Moras sauvignon blanc which we enjoyed. We did not ask the price. We were charged 400 pesos per bottle for a wine which costs 83 pesos in the store. I accept that restaurants double or triple the cost of wine - this restaurant marked it up five fold and by not having a drink menu we were unaware of the cost until the bill arrived. This feels like a policy to dupe tourists.

• Visited January 2014