We stayed here for about a week during Easter/Spring Break week. We chose it because most of the other hotels were sold out due to the holiday. The staff are all very nice and helpful, especially the manager who speaks English.
1. Air conditioning: The air conditioning did not work well at all and our room never cooled off. It was usually cooler outside than it was inside our room.
2.Train: It was hard to keep the windows open to cool the room off because of the loud trains 100 feet away from the hotel. The trains (long!) would go by a few times at night as well as during the day.
3. Location: Far from the hotel zone. You must drive to any of the real tourist areas.
4. Beach: Sketchy. Seems dirty. Lots of campers. Very industrial looking (close to ports). I would not touch the water here.
1. English speaking staff were very helpful.
2. Across the street from a main city autobus transit stop. The R-1 Bus goes to all the amazing beaches in Manzanillo.
3. Walkable to the old downtown "Centro" area. The board walk starts right behind the hotel and is lighted all the way to downtown and the square.
4. Free parking.
5. Free internet
6. Security guard
7. Close to Kiosko for late night snacks
I would recommend this place for someone who doesn't mind traveling to get to restaurants and beaches. It's a great place to just come to sleep, not to hang out.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Zar Manzanillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.