“Quiet & Peaceful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 52 hotels in Manzanillo
Untied States
“Quiet & Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

My family and I stayed for three nights in January. This is definitely a very basic motel. It is small and very peaceful. During the morning hours you do see the gardener, the housekeeper, and the kitchen staff. After lunch La Posada is basically manned by one staff member. Please keep this in mind if this important to you. This is an excellent choice if you want a budget price and plan on being gone during the day. I loved it because I am not a person that always "needs" something. I enjoyed relaxing by the pool, reading, and just walking on the beach. They also offered very speedy internet service that is also on the honor system. The computer is in the small front office and you can go in anytime you like. Like I said, during the day the motel is deserted. There are no tv's in the rooms nor phones. If you need to use the phone, just ask and you can use theirs. I loved the honor system for the beer, soda, and water. Just put the cap in your own little clay jar and it will be tallied up for you upon checkout. The price includes breakfast...hotcakes (pancakes) are great! Dinner is not offered but there are many restaurants nearby. Our room was a good size and the bathroom was also a nice size....good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Remember to bring your own shampoo & conditioner as this is not offered. I had a good night's sleep while staying there. It was quiet..only heard the sounds of the waves. So...only stay here if you are looking for peace and quiet and do not mind a "deserted" place in the afternoons and evenings. Best thing? Right on the beach! Ask for room 6..ground floor and view of the ocean/beach. The waves will rock you to sleep. Gracias Monica, Carla, y Don Chuy!!!

• Liked — Location! Location! Location!
  • Disliked — I would like a tv at least in the common area.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

We prepaid for two nights and only stayed one. Good luck in finding someone to help you if you have any issue. The hotel is VERY basic... and needs a face lift. The Americans who own the hotel where no where in sight and we could not find a person to help us. The pillows were old and we could not use the balcony because our direct neighbors proximity and their smoking habit. The fog horn from the bay goes off frequently during the night .

We had our two sons with us. This is not a hotel we would recommend to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lack of help
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

La Posada is a sweet, quiet, relaxing little place to stay. The sala is extremely comfortable and the breakfasts great! My room was comfy and the staff very friendly.
Thanks for a great visit!

• Liked — Quiet, easy-going, relaxing.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lewiston, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2007

Such a unique & special place. Rooms are not fancy but very comfortable many with great views. What makes this Inn so special is the common room the serves as breakfast cafe, bar, library, & sitting area with incredible views. The pool/patio is lovely with lots of comfortable seating. the beach is long, beautiful & mostly empty. I had spent one night here when traveling via bus PV to Zihuatanejo promising to one day bring my wife here. She immediately fell in love with the Inn, staff & surroundings. The included full cooked to order breakfast is a nice touch as is the "On Your Honor" beer & soda cooler. The lunches for 65 pesos are excellent & a good value. At under $58 US at today's exchange rate for 2 this is a great value. we will return again & again!
Ps The whole staff is great but a special mention & thanks to Monica a real help!

• Liked — View & common room
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
los angeles, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

It is with sadness that I write this review of La Posada.

The hotel itself is beautiful and very charming. It has recently been restored and the whole property has a lot of character and love. Some staff members speak English, they are all friendly, and the whole place has the feeling of a "family operation", even among the staff members themselves.

The room I stayed in (the only one I saw) was a good size, with exposed brick-and-beam work, hand carved wood furniture, a cute tile bathroom, modern A/C which worked well, and two beds which were not particularly comfortable - but are on par with other Mexican hotels I have stayed in. The shower water was nice and hot, the towels were so-so. The room was very clean, as was the entire hotel.

The hotel is right at the end of Playa Las Brisas, near the breakwater for the port. Probably because of this, the waves on the beach are quite calm and I found it to be a good place to have a swim. They also have a small pool which was pretty and clean. There is a public room which doubles as the restaurant for breakfast and lunch. It opens onto the beach and has comfortable tables and chairs where you can sit alone or in a group and look out over the beach. I found it an excellent place to enjoy a sunset.

The restaurant serves breakfast and lunch. I found the food to be mediocre. The menu is quite limited, but the whole place is small - as is the kitchen itself - so this was fine with me. They have an ice chest with beer and soda. You can take from it as you please, then put the bottle cap in a ceramic jar above the chest which has your room number on it, and pay for the drinks (and everything else: food, internet, etc) when you check out. I loved this particular policy.

Now onto the sad news, and the reason why I am forced to give La Posada a low rating: They are next door to some kind of frat-boy disco party club. When I was there, the club was blasting music that could be heard well over 1/2 mile down the beach! I asked the bartender if they stop at night, because clearly there was no peace to be had with that racket going on. She said generally they stopped around 10PM, and that La Posada and other neighbors had complained before to the club about the noise. Unfortunately, that place continued to blast music on and off until 3 AM: I know it was 3AM because it kept me awake the entire time. It was so bad that I had to check out immediately the following morning because I could not possibly stand another night of that. It is also quite near the port and, while I was only there on a Saturday night-Sunday morning, I imagine that during the week the large ships going in and out could be quite noisy. The diesel-fired power plant can also be plainly seen behind the downtown hills, belching poison into the air. In fact, a lot of the "clouds" you see south of the city are actually stack gas from this power plant.

So, in conclusion, La Posada itself is a wonderful place, sadly ruined by its noisy neighbor. This hotel deserves to be in a better location, and I am sorry I cannot give it a high review, but the noise is simply unacceptable.

• Liked — everything was nice except the terrible noise next door!!
  • Disliked — the terrible noise next door!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

Our stay at La Posada was exactly as we had hoped; relaxing, beautiful and within our budget! The rooms do vary, and we ended up changing from the standard upstairs room with a balcony because the balcony had no table or chairs and there was no table in the room. But, for just $20 more, we switched to a huge room that had a full kitchen and a larger balcony, more private, and just what we wanted, with both airconditioning, which we actually used in August, and a ceiling fan. The breakfasts, included with the room, were enormous and delicious. The one disappointing feature was that the restaurant was NOT open for dinner so we were forced to either make our own, or find another restaurant, and unfortunately, there were none in walking distance. Apparently most people take taxis to other parts of town for dinner (for about $5 each way) but we prefer walking. The first night, when we arrived with no pesos, we thought we'd be able to dine at the hotel, and instead, we walked about a mile to the only place they could suggest, and dinner was $42 with a credit card, which is WAY out of our usual budget for casual dining on a Mexican beach. Every morning, we did either jog or take long walks on the beach, which was wonderful. The main port of the city is quite close, so watching enormous cargo ships pull in nearby was a passtime, also. The owners are friendly and very helpful and the whole stay there was just lovely, for the price.

• Liked — beach view, small size, cheap price
  • Disliked — no restaurant for dinners
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

We had a wonderful stay at La Posada. We thoroughly enjoyed the lack of fast paced activities. The staff was great. We really felt like we were at home. The other guests became like family!
The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The pool was very clean and refreshing.
Juans sister ,Clara, was especially accomodating. And Juan was willing to come all the way back to the hotel because I had a question, even though he was already out and about running errands.
We also enjoyed Antonios Restaurant which the hotel recommended.

• Liked — Cleanliness, quaintness, pool, other guests, the view.
  • Disliked — The steepness of the beach.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel La Posada? Share your experiences!