“Wonderful, magical paradise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina

You added Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina to your Saves list
Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ave Vista Hermosa s/n | Peninsula de Santiago, Manzanillo 28867, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Manzanillo
Lethbridge, Canada
“Wonderful, magical paradise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just returned from one week vacation at Las Hadas. OMG! I would love to meet the amazing person who brainchild this "Fairyland ". Magical!,

I think in its original splendour, it must have been even more breathtaking than it is now. They appear to be trying to maintain and refresh the resort.

Enough gushing!

The rooms:
I stayed in room 908. When I first checked in , I felt disappointed! It was not what I anticipated. This was not the fault of las Hadas! In fact, I point to Westjet for kinda misleading customers in their advertising. I upgraded to The Brisas Beach Club option. Westjet needs to advertise that this upgrade is to a Junior suite. Which is nothing more than a standard room. Yes, u get fluffy bathrobes, glorious luxurious towels, use of the tiny private Brisas Pool and free room service BUT truly not worth the upgrade! Save your money! The rooms are spotless, everything works, nice shower and bathroom. Lovely large balconies!! Room 908 had been freshly painted and was just sparkling white!! Only thing I thought could improve it, would be a bit of artwork or wall decor. Hard beds, but sparking white linens! Fresh EVERY day!!
The Food:
The Saturday Mexican theme nite was top notch! We treated ourselves to breakfast room service every other day. U select items from a menu card, hang it on your door handle at nite, next morning breakfast is delivered, on time, every time. Enjoyed breakfast in the poolside restaurant ever other day. I could not think of a single thing that was ever missing. Yes, they recycled food from the nite before. Why wouldn't they!! Lunch was always wonderful! So many locations to choose from. While enjoyed the beachside food, I most liked lunch at the Delfin. Mmmm, always nice fresh salad choices, delectable fish, and always gorgeous desserts! Even tho dinner is not my Favorite meal of the day, I continuously found myself being tempted to sample something!!
I have one teeny suggestion, please add green tea to the choice of teas. I brought my own as I know it is not readily available at some resorts. It is a Favorite of many!!
The Grounds and Beach:
Thi resort is NOT for physically challenged individuals. It is a beautiful walled little kingdom with many many many stairs! Cobble stone streets. Leave the high heels at home!!
The beach is lovely! I am not a lover of the Pacific Ocean as I personally find it cold and dirty. Not so at Las Hadas!! I think the Fairies sprinkled magic in the water. So warm and clean.
Lots of beach chairs, metal palapas, and amazingly luxurious, sparklingly white beach towels!! No vendors, beggars, or intruders. Security on the beach was really good. The marina right alongside the resort is an added bonus!! Had dinner and gelato on the pier a couple times. Pretty good price and happy friendly staff!
The Staff:
Room service- 5 stars
Bell Men- 5 stars
Maids-5 stars
Front desk-5 stars
Beach waiters, cooks, towel boys, bartenders, Sand bed haulers- double 5 stars - thank you for working so hard in the hot sun and smile the whole day long!!
Restaurant staff- I noticed staff were rotated within all the restaurants, so this is going to be an average. There were exceptional waiters and some NOT so excellent ones. For the most part, I found the younger staff to be more cordial and attentive. They received great tips. I only found three male, older waiters to be a bit off. I guess we don't know what is going on in someone's life, so perhaps they could not find their smiles this past week.
Concierge daytime- not a happy, pleasant person. Quite surly, not helpful to us at all!! So disappointed! I have always thought of the Concierge to be the face of the company- yikes in this one. I will pray that he finds some happiness and perhaps he can shower that on vacationers looking for a happy, helpful concierge. Sorry, but I am just being truthful!!
Entertainment Staff- gracias, gracias, gracias for the wonderful production numbers! Bravo to you all!
Mexican folkloric dancers- magnificent!!
The gardeners, pool boys, - 5 stars! Thank you for your behind the scenes, hard work. Unsung workers!! Tip them if you see them!!!

I will be back! Thank you all for a wonderful vacation!!

Room Tip: Wifi intermittent in rooms. Free in common areas!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

We had mostly a wonderful stay here. The property is beautiful and clean. Our room, 619, was very quiet and spacious.
The food was our issue! 2 buffets and 1 ala carte. Food assortment was lacking. Pack your CIPRO (for travellers diarrhea... Sorry had to say it) many people had stomach issues. The Dr. Was busy!
If you are going just for adult time do get the Brisas beach club, high end alcohol at the ADULTS pool. I emphasize ADULT because that's what it is. Do not, if you have children take them there! We had a couple families bring their kids up to have a swim. Most ignorant! We paid extra to not hear your children! Thanks!! Say hello to Surge when you go up there! Wonderful bartender!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Las Hadas has some of the best staff , That said the hotel is tired . Way too many stairs ,Only one elevator and it only goes from 12 to 17 . Food was the same from Sunday to Sunday . Got very tiresome . Trying to get Towels was an experience in itself.
Not recommended .

Room Tip: Stay on lower floors there are no elavators
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear 295tired,
On behalf of Las Hadas Manzanillo, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We are very sorry for not exceeding your expectations during your stay in some of our areas.
Our Property is a beautiful iconic and historic hotel in Manzanillo and precisely for its unconventional architecture and building distribution it has been recognised as one of the most beautiful hotels in the world, the elevator that you mention is located among another elevator on our top building and we have two other elevators in other section buildings as well. For our guests who have some mobility problems we have our carts on service upon request 24/7.
We are sorry that we did not meet with your expectations regarding our food offering, although we have guests who have expressed a completely favorable opinion of our Delfine’s Menu or the Buffets at the themed nights, such as our Trattoria, BBQ, Lobster and Mexican nights. I will share your comments with our Chef to improve our clientele experience
As for the pool and beach towels, we are glad to inform you that we have just received a brand new stock of new towels, this will prevent the insufficiency even in high season.
Once again I appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you in person in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very well maintained hotel with sprawling grounds and wonderful architecture. Fantastic beach, nice pool area. However be prepared for exercise. We stayed in room 1412, and we counted 134 stairs to get to the beach.(not so bad going down, but walking back to the room was work)
The only criticism would be the food. Very average and at times inconsistent. Would have liked to be able to get just regular scrambled eggs and bacon at the breakfast buffet but was never there. Could not get a decent reservation for the a la carte restaurant because its only open three days a week. However, I would consider going back for sure.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
On behalf of Las Hadas Manzanillo, I would like to thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to hear that your stay was great, we will be working immediately with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager to review all our menus and buffets, according to your valuable comments.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you personally on your next visit.

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Over the years we had heard about Las Hadas and were expecting it to be a first class resort and golf club. However, we were disappointed...the resort itself seemed a bit time-worn and just seemed to have seen its better days. The golf course was extremely challenging with many water hazards but the price was acceptable.
The staff, however, was very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PvLazy:

On behalf of our team at Las Hadas Manzanillo, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
As you mention our Resort has been the Icon of Manzanillo for many years, we are very proud of our history and we work very hard to upkeep this beautiful property we will take in consideration your comments and will reinforce our efforts as this unique moorish style property demands special attention every day.
In regards to our Golf Course, it was designed by Pete & Roy Dye and it is one of the most spectacular in the world, precisely due of its design between lakes and the ocean and part of the objective was to be a challenging championship course, I am sure that you enjoyed hitting to our stunning Par 3, 18th Hole over the ocean .

I will share your comments with our staff, so they know that their warm service made a difference in your stay.

I do hope to have the opportunity to assist you personally on your next stay.

Jorge Garibay / General Manger
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very clean and beautiful facility.Very friendly and helpful staff.Good food.Although some rooms are located on top of a hill,transportation was available 24/7 which brings guests to the lobby or any restaurant inside the resort.Only thing was not up to the par was the swimming pool.Water in the pool was cloudy and some algae on pool walls.Room was very spacious and clean with huge balcony.Mexican fiesta night was awesome with good food and entertainment.Will definitely return there.

Room Tip: Take any hilltop room if you do not have any mobility issue although transportation is available bet...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are pleased to hear that your stay was great and you've also enjoyed the Hotel, Golf our Entertainment program and Food and Beverage experience, it is what we all work for.
I would Also like to inform you that we are taking action in regards to your observations regarding the pool. Our Maintenance Manager has precise instructions to prevent this.

Once again thank you for your kind comments.

I look forward to welcome you in person on your next visit.

Jorge Garibay General Manager
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great resort. Quiet and safe and not overbooked -beach and pool chairs were always available.
Margerita from Transat was exceptionally helpful and insightful. Her enthusiasm for Mexican culture was a positive.
Food was very good. Service was very very well done.
Manzanillo has some very rough waters. This is not an issue at Los Hadas due to its geography. i am quite sure other resorts would have been too dangerous to swim in the ocean!
Golf was a great challenge. Daniel and his crew were. Golf packages pay for themselves very quickly- good value.The 18th hole is memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms in 100-400s are closer to the lobby with less stairs. Other guests mentioned stairs were not a...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert,
We are pleased to hear that your stay was extraordinary and you've also enjoyed the Hotel as well as our challenging championship Golf Course.
We will share your opinion with all of our staff specially with Daniel and his team so they know that their hard work and friendly service contributed significantly to make your round of golf very enjoyable.
I will be glad to welcome you personally on your next visit.

Jorge Garibay / General Manager

Been to Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!