“Vacation Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina

You added Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina to your Saves list
Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ave Vista Hermosa s/n | Peninsula de Santiago, Manzanillo 28867, Mexico   |
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Manzanillo
“Vacation Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our family checked out of Las Hadas this afternoon after an 11 night stay.
It was absolute perfection.
There is much to say, so by category:
Service:
We travel in hotels and resorts around 50 nights per year, and the staff at Las Hadas provided the most attentive and gracious service (from the lobby, to pool, to beach, to restaurant, to housekeeping) that we have ever received.
No matter where we were there was consistently someone close by anticipating our next need.
Rooms:
Large, spacious, beautiful, and each with a lovely view. Our room had a bedroom, living area, three piece bathroom, and two large balconies. The floors were a lovely marble. We mentioned to someone that our child was learning to walk and would be crawling on the floors and they went ahead and hand mopped and dryed the floors everyday we were there. The bathroom looked recently updated and very modern. The furnishings were clean and nice, but not standard hotel chain issue. *The couches did have sad looking covers on them - not dirty, just really tired.
Restaurants:
The breakfast buffet is superb. Amaxingly fresh juices and fruit as well as lots of fresh hot food made to order. The servers are very attentive during the buffet.
The marina Italian restaurant serves fresh pizza as it is done in Italy. The gelato spot on the marina is also delightful.
Activities:
There activities director, Guillermo, is truly kind and willing to do anything possible to ensure your family has a great experience. Children in our party enjoyed free swim lessons (sometimes 1 on 1 when others were not interested), tennis lessons, and free kids club activities. There were also beach and water activities offered. We paid a nominal fee to rent a paddle board and really enjoyed that as well. Scuba is available.
Family:
We felt safer here than most hotels. The property is very private, and friendly but firm staff prevent non-guests from entering the property. During our stay I saw a handful of people drinking, but absolutely no one drunk. The music was relaxing and upbeat, but really comfortable for both adults and children.
This is a great place for adults who want peace and quiet or families interested in escaping the wild scenes that are at some beach resorts.
Facilities:
Relaxing, peaceful, family friendly, and uniquely beautiful. Often hotels look so much like one another that they run together in my mind. They are quite nice, but rarely remarkable in a positive sense. Las Hadas stands out as architectually interesting, and wholly picturesque. The furnishings are laidened with arches and fountains decorating a hill that while being accessible with ramps has dramatic staircases and panoramic views over the private beach, marina, and surrounding mountainside. The property is not brand new, but is very well maintained, updated, and exceptionally clean, They have photographers onsite to take your vacation pictures for you for a fee, there are also shops, a conveniences store, three small restaurants, a pool bar, and a piano bar. They keep the very deep private sanding beach racked and pristine, and seem to constntly have people passing tiding things and offer to get you anything you can possibly think of.

Room Tip: Every room has a fantastic view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
On Behalf of the entire team at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we thank your visit, we appreciate the detailed recognition of our staff's efforts to provide quality and friendly service, we are Happy to hear that you’ve had enjoyed your stay with us.

We will share your comments with our team and recognise their efforts as well,

Thank you for taking the time to share with Tripadvisor’s community your comments and specially your unique experience at this beautiful Resort. We look forward to receiving you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I stayed here in the end of July for about five nights, and I did read multiple reviews before posting mine. I will be honest and say that there are patterns in the negative comments that I cannot deny. However, the good things about the experience completely overcome the bad.
Let me begin by addressing the bad. When we arrived, our rooms were completely different to what we had reserved. We 2 double rooms and 1 triple room, and what we received were 2 rooms with a king bed and 1 room with two double beds. We were 9 people and the cost was around 500 dollars each for the stay, so you could see how not getting what was agreed on was upsetting. My father complained, and after about 1 hour of arguing, multiple phone calls, it was finally agreed that they would go ahead and fix it.
We decided to head down to the buffet (We had the all-inclusive plan) but it was closed, so we went to the Dolphins. Things started getting better after this. I cannot explain to you just how rich and juicy my Arrachera steak was. The beers were ice cold, the juice felt fresh, and the fruit was just delicious and you could tell it was organic. My family all enjoyed the food very much. After this awesome food, we head back to the front desk, to find that we have all gotten new rooms. The rooms were beyond beautiful, very spacious and we all fit in a comfortable manner. Our view was breathtaking. I can't say I've ever relaxed as much as I did on this trip. With that being said, this is not a place for those who want to party and get drunk out of their minds. This is a beautiful, quiet place, were one can go and meditate about life, enjoy their families and have a healthy, good recreational time. The pool is awesome, and the bar tenders are very friendly (Please tip them, the minimum wage in Mexico is horrible, so of course they might have a bad attitude if you assume that because you have an all-inclusive plan you don't have to tip. Tipping is a common courtesy) The snacks are fast food quality- which is good- you get a nice, juicy, fatty burger with fries or a hot dog at the pool, sipping on a beer or Pina Colada. Yummers. Now, lets talk about the winner here. The architecture, the scenery, the ocean, everything is breathtaking here. If you are a visual person, you will put up with some of the flaws to be able to witness this. If any of you have watched Richard Linklater's Before trilogy, and specifically watched Before Midnight, this hotel will so much remind you of their stay in Greece. The hotel is just beautiful. You get a feeling that you are lost in time, and that feeling gets empowered with all the walking. A lot of people talk about this in a negative way. The walking is amazing. It forces you to see your surroundings, to see all the flowers, the architecture, the different towers, all the angles of the green surrounding mountains and the ocean. I can't describe to you how beautiful this old hotel is. Trust me, when you see this beauty, you won't even want to use the golf carts (unless you have little ones) During my stay, I paddle boarded, and relaxed like never before. This is not for everyone, but if this review makes the place seem appealing, I encourage you to visit.

PS: I went on a family trip. However, if you are planning a romantic get away THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU. I could honestly not stop thinking on how beautiful it would be to take your significant other to this place.

HAPPY TRAVELS!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we appreciate the recognition of our staff's efforts to provide quality and friendly service, we are very happy that you’ve had enjoyed your stay with us as well as the architecture of our Beautiful Property.

These comments are very valuable to us, as we can share with our team allowing us to recognise them and also take action to resolve any details that might affect the experience of our guests.

I hope to meet you in person on your next visit to our beautiful property.

Sincerely.

Jorge Garibay / Gerente General
Delano, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

To being it was my 1st time in Mexico and I will return back to Las hadas Hotel for my next yr vacation I had no bad experience with anyone. I loved my view and the beach access was really close to my room I love the fact that they have a bar inside the pool area that's a plus I stated 4 nights and all days were so much fun so much to do and relax...I don't understand why people are rating it a bad experience...perhaps there are just over reacting...see u guys soon I will book again...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we appreciate the recognition of our quality and friendly service, we are very happy to hear that you’ve had enjoyed your stay with us.

On Behalf of the entire team at Las Hadas, we thank you for your visit and look forward to receiving you in the near future.

Sincerely

Jorge Garibay / Gerente General
Oxnard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

If you want a place to relax, this is your resort. The scenery is speechless. The arabian architecture is beautiful. Here you will find tranquility. With that said, I write this review on our last night at this resort and our stay wasn't what I expected.
First things first, we arrived past 5:30 and our room wasn't ready. Check-In is (I believe) 3:00 PM and we did not get our room until past 6:00 PM. The food was very delicious but limited. There was an Ala Carte restaurant and a buffet and two buffets on another night. We were told we could not take food to go on one night but were permitted to take food to our room the previous night Eventhou we had the all-inclusive plan. When in the pool or beach area, we had to wait an extremely long time for snacks or beverages, the same with the swim up bar. I do want to make note that the beach is ideal for kids and adults as the are hardly no waves. As mentioned before, we had an all-inclusive plan that included tips but I disliked that for everything we ordered we had to sign a ticket. It was a PAIN! I did mentioned that we had an all-inclusive plan and they mentioned that it was for "quality control" and was given two tickets to sign. Funny, the ticket on top was always a ticket for an additional tip. I don't ming giving an additional tip but this hotel seems to be so understaffed and they seem to give better service to guests who don't have an all-inclusive plan since tips were not included in their plan and they know that they got at least something out of the all-inclusive guests. VERY DISAPPOINTED. In addition, this hotel does not have any entertainment at night. If you
Have problems with your knees, climbing stairs or have a baby with a stroller then STAY AWAY. This hotel requires a lot of walking and a lot of up and down stairs. I was unable to find an elevator and I don't think this hotel has any.

• Stayed July 2014
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your recent stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo.
We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations about the hotel and our service. We are working a lot in all our departments to get better in all details that you mentioned.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are not that bad considering it is such an old hotel BUT... Cleanliness: it appeared to be a clean room and when I opened the closet door I found a pair of dirty old shoes left by the previous guest. FOOD: we payed for All Inclusive. The food is bland and the selection is poor. Not enough waiters so you have to order before you get hungry. SERVICE: this was the worst of all and it wasn't entirely the employees fault. They are so understaffed that there were only 2 bell hops for the entire hotel. Since they also drive the golf carts that take you to your room we'd have to wait about 40 minutes to be picked up. PLUS: out of the 4 golf carts only 2 were actually workng! At the pool area with the heat; waiting 30 minutes for your drinks is NOT a fun vacation.
Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and specially the attention to detail of your description regarding your recent stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo.

On Behalf of the entire team at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we thank you for your visit.
Brentwood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

When I first started to write this review, I tried to find some positive comments to share with my TA family. Unfortunately, there are no words other than some four letter words that I could have utilized. However, I'm keeping my composure and will write this long and honest report/review.

This was our first time traveling to Mexico and the only reason we traveled to Mexico was to attended my niece's 15th birthday celebration. Her dad is of Mexican descent and my cousin is of Puerto Rican descent. We only typically travel to Puerto Rico. But, we felt that we needed to be there and make this very special for our niece.

For an entire month, I was communicating with the hotel's concierge. I had numerous questions and requests. One request was to please have a crib placed inside my daughter's room for my 2yo grand-daughter. I also requested the newer rooms for my family. According to the concierge, everything would be in order upon our arrival. However, the newer rooms would be based on occupancy. I get it.

We arrived at Las Hadas on 7/24 and was greeted properly by the doorman and the concierge. Great start. I walked over to the counter and started the process of checking us in. My wife and family were given a cool towels and cool drinks. Very nice touch. The place looked like it could use a good infusion of funds to spruce it up. What we all saw online wasn't the same in person. (photo shop). However, it wasn't all that bad, but it was not what we expected. As I continued with the process, I started to see some flaws in our reservation. I asked if a crib was placed inside my daughter's room. The agent indicated that a crib wasn't ordered. Okay, after 1 month of emailing back & forth with the concierge, nothing was notated. We then were told that we had DBL/DBL beds reserved. No! I specially requested and reserved king beds. Finally after 1 entire hour of trying to sort this out, we were all given our room keys. We were place on the same floor as requested (they got that part right). As my wife and I walked into our room, folks, the devil himself would be asking for A/C. It was hot as hades in our room. Not to our surprise, my daughter, son in law and 2yo grand-daughter also had a burning inferno in their room. We began to immediately sweat. I immediately went to the front desk again. Alexis assisted us (great FD Agent) and said that it would take some time for another room. So we decided to go down and get some food and drinks while we wait for our new rooms..

As we walked down to Delphins, we noticed that the resort was packed. Poor workers were skating everywhere to serve these guest. We found a table and sat down. We waited over 30 minutes before and elderly tall male server came over to take our order. We ordered some drinks whilst we waited for my niece to arrive and join us. The server quickly brought our drinks and disappeared quickly. We never saw him again... He was there serving others, but, never came back to us. My niece, her dad and cousin arrived to join us. This time around we waited for 20 minutes. I finally got up and found the hostess. She indicated that she would send someone over ASAP. This poor female server came over and was trying to hurry us in ordering. I finally asked her on why the delay then the rush. She mentioned that there are a lot of inclusive guests staying and that they are very demanding. So, I see... The inclusive guests take up all the staff with their never ending orders whilst the daily paying guest suffer. We finally got our drinks. But then, (here we go again) security approached us and asked if we were guests of the property and began to ask ask numerous questions. At first, I thought it was a joke. But he was dead serious. Now, I was becoming very annoyed.. I asked who sent him and he indicated that it was a manager at the FD. I then told him that we already checked in and that these people were my family. He insisted that we give him more information. I then requested that he go back and ask this so called manager to come down and please explain why he sent security to embarrass us in front of all these guests with his interrogative line of questioning. He did go back and quickly came down without the manager. The so called no name manager told him to tell us to come up if we wanted to address this.... Wow!!

As we were walking up to the FD! We were chased down by a server that indicated that we were not registered and the system shows no such name. I now had to explain to the server the issue we had at the FD and assured him that we are guests of the resort. We finally got to the FD and asked to speak to the person that sent security down to Delphins. No one knew of any security person being sent down. Or they didn't want to say.. After another 20 minutes passed and we got our keys. Keep in mind that we arrived at 12:30 and it was now 3:30.

We were now in separate buildings. Our daughter was given a nice upgrade and we were also upgraded. Our room was pleasant and cool. Not cold but cool. We didn't know how our daughter's room was.

We all went out to dinner with the family. Upon our return, we went to our daughter's room. As we entered, the heat that came out of the room could have roasted an entire suckling! It was hot. We called the FD and Mauricio (Great FD Agent) immediately sent engineering. The engineer arrived and looked into the issue and confirmed that the room was extremely hot and that it would take 3 hours to fix. So, Mauricio once again changed my daughter's room. Folks, this is now change #3 and it's 12:30 AM. We helped with the move and Mauricio gave her a very nice cold room. Mauricio thank you for know how to provide customer service.

All was well, until that night in my daughter's room. We were going out that night when our daughter called us in panic. She said to please rush over because our 2yo grand-daughter was cut over the eye and was bleeding heavily. We arrived within 3 minutes. I quickly assessed the injury ( I'm a first responder/emt). My grand-daughter suffers a laceration over her right eye. I plied pressure to help slow down and stop the bleeding. I told my daughter to call the FD and have security come. Apparently what occurred was within the bathroom, my son in law went to pull a towel off the towel holder to dry my grand-daughter. The entire towel bar came off the wall and struck my grand-daughter over her right eye. 2 center meters to the left, it would have struck her eye! Security arrived and by that time the bleeding had stopped. He assessed the area and administered some iodine to help and stop from any infection setting. He offered medical service locally and we refused. I told him that we would be taking her to her primary doctor in the States. What a nightmare!! And this was the very same night for our niece's birthday celebration. Yes, we arrived late....

I had enough of this property. We lost 3 solid days of fun and relaxation with all the issues. I packed up my family and we went to spend the night in Puerto Vallarta. Now, they know what customer service is all about. I will be writing a fantastic review of Fiesta Americana.

We got back on the 23rd very late. Mauricio was at the FD and greeted us back. He provided us an update on what the GM was willing to compensate for all of our troubles. Folks, it's not worth even writing about it..... Keep in mind the GM knows about all of our issues but never even called to look into the well being of our grand-daughter..

At 1 AM departure day, my daughter called me and told me that her bathroom was flooded and water was everywhere. We called, yes Mauricio and he quickly sent an engineer. My kids were without water to brush in the morning. So at 6 AM, I brought them over to our room. Poor things were so tired that they fell asleep. I don't think anything will be done or think that they even care. So, I can't wait to finally get back home.

I use to be a Service Culture Trainer with Starwood , opened several hotels and a beautiful resort in Puerto Rico..Management here are some bullet points that I recommend you do or don't.

. Train a trainer in providing customer service
. Have all staff and management take a service culture training course
. Separate your all inclusive process by having the names of the daily paying guest at the first check point. Security. This way the can check off those guests and radio down to the FD that Mr. Jones is arriving.
.Security should have cameras with them when responding to an accident
. Communication!! No one communicates on this property.
.Give your employees the empowerment to make general decisions and not look like they would be flogged.
.Service Recovery- how to recover from a major lack of providing CS? This is all part of service culture training.
.Pick up the phone by the 3rd ring
. Never place a guest on hold more than 1 minute
. Cross train staff at the FD.

Let me stop here.. This could be a 3 page report if I continue.

My final words are, we will never ever travel back to this property. Instead we will spend our monies in Puerto Vallarta. Some guests will deal with these imperfections and adapt. However, for those of us that are seasoned travelers, all we want is simple customer service and ownership when something goes wrong. Passing the buck only makes the issue bigger.

Outstanding staff: Mauricio, Noel and Alexis. Edwardo was very helpful as the voice of the property. But, upper management need to empower him more and not have to wait for the GM or Controller to make a decision.

Okay, I'm done.....

Angel

Sent from my iPad

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We also appreciate the valuable information in regards to your stay, we will take this information to make sure it does not happen again, please take our apologies and hopefully on your next visit, we will find a way to offer you a great experience to show you our appreciation.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor’s community
Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just returned home form a week long stay at this hotel I will get right to the point and share the good the bad and the ugly.....upon arriving by first sight the place looked great I had read other bad reviews on trip advisor before choosing this hotel and still decide to try it . the grounds were well kept and beautiful ...yes its older but they do a good job lathering on white paint to give the place a fresh feel. However the the rooms were old , not clean ( hair, sand and bugs on the floor,) still we had a good size room that accommodated our group well we just decide not to walk around the room with out our shoes on b/c the floors felt dirty. The outside door to our conjoining room was broken which forced us to have to push a huge love seat up to in to keep it shut at night ....( we have small children and didn't feel safe that it wouldn't shut nor lock) My biggest let down was their gym . I feel as though they lied about even having one when we asked on the phone if the did they said yes...i was worried because they conveniently had zero photos of their gym and spa on the website...well i know why now. The gym was horrible , dirty , hot , had no free weights only a few cardio machines some didn't even work and the one weight machine they had was so old and rusted you really could not use it fully and honestly didn't even want to touch it. Felt dirty and not well ventilated such a let down for anyone who wants to workout on vacation . I would recommend going to GOLDS GYM a few miles away it was beautiful , clean and had everything you needed ... moving on- the private beach was the best beach visited and we went to a few. Very clean beach, nice little cabanas to sit in and the water is much clearer my kids enjoyed seeing all the little fish that swim around your feet . The pool was nice and big , they did have a fun water aerobics class that I enjoyed ( since the gym just wasn't an option ) . The hotel food was all right I wouldn't say it was great and the coffee was bad. If you want great food do the drive into town and go eat at all the great restaurants that line the streets. For the hands down best food head to JOHNNY'S SUPER CARNICERIA ( call for directions 314-336-6441) it is the best , nicest people working there even the owner "Johnny " him self may drop in to greet you and ask how your loving your stay in Manzanillo ! Do not leave here with out venturing out to this place. The meat is delicious and organic ! thats right I said organic meat in mexico !!! try the carnitas.For fun out door adventures Head to the nature camp for a good time had by all , you can zip line on a double line (super safe ) my kids even zip lined the mini line. Really nice staff (give them a call 314-101-9949) who speak perfect english for those who aren't spanish speaking and want to understand what their saying when zipping thru a jungle a few hundred feet up ! Salto is a must , as well as fishing for vela and shopping down in the central area. Hope the review helps anyone wanting visit beautiful manzanillo mexico . Check out Las Hadas beach it is lovely just think twice before booking a room ask around for Johnny's super carniceria and the nature camp both were highlights of our trip.

Room Tip: get a room close to the beach , ask for a upgraded room, don't bother if you are a avid gym goer...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo.

We appreciate the valuable information, as we will take advantage of you comments and work in our opportunities

I would also like to inform you that we are in the process of renovating our gym with top of the line equipment as well as specialised flooring in order to provide quality workout experiences for our guests before the winter season.

Please take our apologies and hopefully on your next visit, we will find a way to offer you a great experience to show you our appreciation.

Been to Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!